Sept. 28 (or shortly thereafter) could be a great day for sports fans in Kentucky for yet another reason. Caesars has become the fifth licensed online sportsbook in the state to begin accepting account registrations in its online sports betting app.
While Kentuckians won’t be able to actually bet with the app for at least another week, there is still a reason to take some time and sign up for an account with Caesars ahead of that date. In fact, there are four reasons.
Caesars announces its app is ready for registration in Kentucky
Kentuckians have been able to place legal bets in-person at horse racing tracks around the state since Sept. 7. However, legal wagering is about to become much more easily accessible as licensed online sportsbooks are expected to start accepting bets on Sept. 28 in Kentucky.
Caesars wants to assist bettors in preparations for that date by letting them get their account registrations and first deposits out of the way ahead of time. The Caesars Sportsbook app, available for both Android and iOS devices, is now taking account signups in Kentucky.
To begin the registration, download the app and follow the prompts therein. After the app verifies your eligibility and identity, you will have the option to make your first real-money deposit into your account.
There’s an incentive to do so at this time beyond not having to go through that process on Sept. 28.
Get four $25 bonus bets for your deposit
Between now and 5:59 a.m. local time on Sept. 28, Caesars is offering four $25 bonus bets for new customers in Kentucky who open accounts in the app and make a minimum deposit. There are other conditions to note with this deal as well.
- The promotion is only for new Caesars customers; if you have wagered online with Caesars in another state before, you’re ineligible
- You must register your account with the promo code BESTBONUSKY
- The minimum deposit to qualify for the offer is $20
- Caesars will credit your account with your first $25 bonus bet on Sept. 28, then a subsequent $25 bonus bet each Monday thereafter until you have received all four bonus bets
- All bonus bets expire seven days after issuance
- Any winnings from bonus bets will not include the bonus bet stake (i.e., if you win a wager with -110 odds using one of these bets, your payout would be $22.73)
- Bonus bets cannot be withdrawn as real money
Caesars isn’t the only licensed Kentucky online sportsbook currently offering pre-launch bonuses.
- Bet365 – register for an account in the app to receive $10 in bonus bets for every touchdown in the Sept. 28 Detroit Lions at Green Bay Packers game
- BetMGM – sign up now and get $100 in bonus bets in your account on launch day
- DraftKings – get eight $25 bonus bets in your account on launch day if you sign up early
- FanDuel – also offering $100 in bonus bets for early registrations
In just a few minutes’ time, you can set yourself up to take advantage of all of these offers as soon as next week. If you wager wisely, it could be a great way to kickoff legal online sports betting in Kentucky.