Ohio’s Major League Soccer (MLS) franchise selects a location for its temporary sportsbook.
FC Cincinnati will open its temporary sportsbook at Taft’s Ale House, located a few blocks from TQL Stadium. In July, the MLS club announced a long-term deal with SuperBook Sports for all retail and online sports betting operations.
The launch of Ohio sports betting on Jan. 1, 2023, has been in the works since 2019. The Ohio Casino Control Commission is busy approving licenses for sports betting operators and their service providers.
The Cincinnati Reds, who play their games at Belterra Park, also have approval from the commission for sports betting operations.
About the FC Cincinnati sportsbook
Over at Taft’s Ale House, a few sports betting kiosks will be located in the downstairs bar area. According to Ohio Local 12, FC plans to use the local bar as its sportsbook for a few years until a permanent location is built.
The team is currently working on a new development north of the stadium.
Ohio sports betting activity heating up
Yesterday, the commission approved three more Ohio facilities to begin taking bets on Jan. 1.
- Hard Rock Casino Cincinnati
- Hall of Fame Village Newco (Pro Football Hall of Fame in Canton)
- Miami Valley Gaming and Racing
In addition to the three retail facilities, the commission also granted online sports betting licenses to five operators.
- BetMGM: online for MGM Resorts’ Northfield Parkland retail the Reds, Northfield and Cedar Downs OTB
- DraftKings: online for PENN’s Hollywood Toledo
- Seminole Hard Rock Digital: online and retail for Hard Rock Cincinnati
- Tipico Ohio: online and retail for Columbus Crew SC
- BetRivers: online for PENN’s Hollywood Dayton and retail for Hall of Fame Village
Customers can expect to see other familiar faces, such as FanDuel, which has already been awarded an online betting license.
So far, the Ohio Lottery has pre-approved 1,412 businesses for sports betting across the state.
Unlike Maryland, where lawmakers have instituted a case-by-case launch date, all Ohio sportsbooks will launch simultaneously.