TwinSpires is a top-tier horse betting site and a brainchild of Churchill Downs Inc., the company that owns the track that hosts the esteemed Kentucky Derby. It launched in 2007 and has since become a brand synonymous with horse race betting, establishing itself as one of the leaders in the sector. And by signing up with TwinSpires today you’ll be eligible for $200 in bonus funds.
The site’s betting options run the gamut, as it has odds on a lengthy list of thoroughbred, quarter horse and harness events across the globe. These include all high-profile meets in the US, in addition to a slew of international races — like the Dubai Cup, Royal Ascot and Melbourne Cup, to name a few.
This review delves into TwinSpires’ offerings and weighs what you get for signing up, which includes up to $200 in bonus money.
TwinSpires Horse Racing offer code in 2021
To claim the TwinSpires sign-up bonus, enter the code BET200 during account registration. You’ll then receive $100 in bonus cash for every $400 that you bet, up to $200 total for $800 in bets.
|Online Racebook||TwinSpires Racebook|
|Sign Up Bonus||Up to $200|
|Last Updated||December 2021|
TwinSpires Horse Racing sign-up bonus — the fine print
The introductory bonus at TwinSpires Racing is distinct. At most online horse betting sites you get a deposit matching bonus or a risk-free bet. Here, you can receive as much as $200 in bonus funds, but you need to wager $800 within 30 days to unlock them. More specifically, you receive $100 for every $400 you bet on horse races. Overall, it’s a pretty solid deal, although the terms may not be as user-friendly to casual bettors.
Can I trust TwinSpires Horse Racing?
Yes, TwinSpires is safe and reliable. The site’s owner, Churchill Downs Inc., operates more than a dozen retail casinos and horse racing properties across the country. It’s also the parent company of Churchill Downs, home of the Kentucky Derby. What’s more, the enterprise owns additional venues like Ocean Downs, Presque Isle, Arlington International, Fairgrounds, Miami Valley Raceway and Turfway Park — hosting numerous races throughout the year.
TwinSpires opened for business in 2007 as an advance deposit wagering platform and started offering odds on the country’s top races shortly afterward. It has also branched out to offer a TwinSpires online sportsbook and TwinSpires online casino in several states where these activities are legal.
The site has received approval from numerous licensing jurisdictions across the country, and its racebook is live in 30 states. Depending on the law in each of those 30 states, you must be at least 18 or 21 years old to bet at the online racebook.
Getting started at TwinSpires Horse Racing
Complete the following steps to create an account and start betting at TwinSpires:
- Head to the site and select the “Join now” button in the upper right corner.
- Fill out the registration form and provide personal details like full name, address, phone number, date of birth and Social Security number.
- Log into your account and go to the cashier to make a deposit.
- You can now put some cash down on your favorite horse races — good luck.
TwinSpires horse racing betting app
You can get in on the action at TwinSpires on your mobile device as well, via either the mobile site or the app for iOS and Android. If you pick the first option, you won’t need to download any software — merely load the racebook through your mobile browser and place your bet. As for the apps, you’ll find the download links at TwinSpires:
- Load the racebook site via your mobile browser.
- Tap the “Support” button and select “Smartphone wagering apps” from the drop-down menu.
- Choose either “Download on the App Store” or “Now available for Android” and follow any additional download and installation prompts.
- Once you set everything up, load the app, log in to your account and get ready to bet.
TwinSpires Racing promotions
In addition to the welcome bonus, you’ll find other promos to try at TwinSpires. These might include some insurance deals where you regain some or your entire stake if the horse you picked to win finishes in second or third instead.
The racebook also runs a refer-a-friend promo, which can get you and someone you refer $10 in free bets each. You can also partake in free play contests for a chance to win a few hundred bucks in free bets. The promo lineup typically includes a Hit It & Split It deal, which rewards bettors for hitting the Pick 4 or Pick 5 at a specific racecourse.
Lastly, TwinSpires offers a VIP program, offering a variety of perks for high rollers who wager $25,000 annually. The club is divided into four levels, and the benefits will improve as you advance through the tiers.
Popular bets at TwinSpires Horse Racing
TwinSpires utilizes the pari-mutuel system where the odds and payouts are not fixed but instead depend on how the bets shake out on a specific race. All wagers on a specific bet go into a pool. The site takes a small cut, and all the winners of that particular bet divide the rest among themselves. Here are the main bets you’ll find at TwinSpires:
- Win: Bet on a horse to win the race.
- Place: Your chosen horse can finish first or second.
- Show: Now the horse you pick can finish first, second or third.
- Exacta: Predict both the winner and the runner-up of a single race in the correct order.
- Quinella: Similar to an exacta, but your picks can finish in either order (provided they’re in the top two placings).
- Trifecta: Pick the top three finishers in a race in the correct order.
- Superfecta: Pick the top four horses in the correct order. If you get this one right, the payouts can be substantial.
- Daily double: Bet on the winners of two races in a row. Think of it as a double-win bet.
- Pick 3 to Pick 6: Like a daily double, but now you need to pick the winners of more consecutive races.
- Across the board: It’s basically a same-race parlay that consists of three bets — win, place, show. If your horse wins, you’ll collect all three payouts. If it finishes as the runner-up, you get paid only for place and show bets.
TwinSpires offers a variety of tools and features that can come in handy when making your horse betting picks. Here are some of the most notable ones:
- Video: The racebook has live streaming coverage of the majority of races on the schedule. The service is free to use and is accessible via the apps and the website. You can tune in by clicking on the video button at the top corner of the race dashboard.
- Race replays: If you missed out on a race or want to relive the action, you watch replays of the previous events.
- BRIS Reports: This product gives you access to an in-depth database of stats for every thoroughbred racehorse, jockey and trainer.
- Ultimate past performances: When you place a bet at TwinSpires, you can download a PDF containing past performances, power plays and insider picks for any race on the Churchill card. You can also take advantage of com’s products, namely Condensed PPs, Quick Play PPs and Premium PPs.
What races can I bet on at TwinSpires horse betting?
With TwinSpires, casual bettors and seasoned handicappers alike can bet on a range of horse races across the country and internationally. These include meets hosted on Churchill’s racecourses and 300-plus other tracks throughout the globe. Here are a few popular options:
- The Triple Crown — Kentucky Derby, Belmont Stakes, Preakness Stakes
- Breeders’ Cup
- TwinSpires Handicapping Open
- Travers Stakes
- Arlington Million
- Pegasus Cup
- Cheltenham Festival
- Royal Ascot
- Dubai Cup
- Melbourne Cup
Banking at the TwinSpires Racebook
The site boasts a comprehensive package of online banking methods. You can deposit funds using the following methods, many of which also work for withdrawals:
- Green Dot
- EZ Bank
- Check or money order
- Bank wire transfer
- Credit card
You can also make deposits and withdrawals at retail locations — racetracks and OTBs owned by Churchill Downs.
TwinSpires Racing customer support
TwinSpires offers three main support channels — live chat, email and telephone. For pressing matters, live chat is the best option. The response time is short, and agents working there handle any queries pretty easily. You’ll also find a comprehensive FAQ that covers most of the relevant topics.
The racebook also offers responsible gambling tools and provides several resources and contact links to organizations that help those with problem gambling.
TwinSpires is a premium horse racing platform that checks all the right boxes. It’s user-friendly, has competitive odds and offers several amenities that aren’t available at competitor sites. The welcome bonus could be a bit more user-friendly, but TwinSpires compensates with several ongoing promos and a VIP program. All things considered, TwinSpires is one of the finest racebooks in the US.