Big Game day is almost here and we’re counting down.
No, the Detroit Lions didn’t make it to the Super Bowl (so that’s every year and counting) but Michigan online sports betting is finally live.
But even without the Honolulu blue not in the big game, Michigan sports bettors can at least entertain themselves with a Michigan alum (Tampa Bay Buccaneers quarterback Tom Brady) and a raft of special promotions legal online sportsbooks are rolling out specifically for the state.
Which Michigan online sportsbooks are active?
There are currently 10 legal online sportsbook options in Michigan:
Super Bowl betting offers at Michigan online sportsbooks
FoxBet’s Michigan-specific Super Bowl promotion will be hard to top. It’s basically free money, unless Super Bowl history is made.
New customers earn 10 times their first bet amount – bet limit is $10 – in free bets if either the Chiefs or Buccaneers score a point. Though the lowest-scoring Super Bowl occurred just two years ago – with the Patriots stifling the Rams, 13-3 – no finalist has ever been shut out, much less part of a scoreless tie.
BetRivers has numerous choices for Michiganders, too, including a new player bonus.
- New Michigan players that deposit $100 or with code BIGGAME500 receive up to $500 in 1x Bonus Money. They receive $100 in bonus instantly and after placing $100 or more in real-money wagers on the Super Bowl become eligible for an additional $400 in bonus money issued throughout February.
- Exclusive Michigan prop bets include: Will Brady throw a 43-plus-yard TD pass and Patrick Mahomes record 25+ completions? Players can grab this special at +300 boosted odds now
- ‘Parlay Perks’: players can warm up with a $10 Free Bet every week just for placing 5 or more parlays of 3+ legs
- Players can turn on push messages and stay tuned for limited-time Profit Boost and Free Bet opportunities leading up to the game
Said Mattias Stetz, BetRivers’ Chief Operating Officer: “BetRivers is excited to provide football fans in Michigan with nearly 900 ways to bet the Super Bowl. 690 bets will be available before the game begins and the average game has about 175 to 200 in-game bets offered.”
PointsBet, which offered nearly 4,000 total outcomes on the Super Bowl last year – more than any operator, globally – has a score of special promotions this year, but just one pegged to a local. But at least it’s a famous one.
How to register for a Michigan sports betting account
Though there are nuances to registering and depositing funds for each of the 10 legal online sportsbooks in Michigan, the process is generally very similar.
Choose your sportsbook, considering the bonus and options that are attractive to you, and visit their site.
Choose iOS or Android, and follow the instructions.
Confirm that you trust the source of the download so the app can transfer to your device.
To set up an account be prepared to provide:
- First and last name
- Home address
- Date of birth
- Phone number
- Last four digits of your Social Security Number
Sportsbooks may accept debit cards, major credit cards, PayPal, bank transfer or allow for funding at retail outlets or casino sportsbooks. Check below for detailed beginner’s guides to these popular sportsbooks:
Withdrawal options include bank transfer, a mailed check, PayPal, etc.