Las Vegas continues to grow as a destination for sports fans around the country. There are plenty of fans who love traveling to see their favorite team play in different locations around the country.
The Raiders of the NFL and Golden Knights of the NHL currently call Las Vegas home. The Oakland A’s might join the duo as a major league team that plays their home games in Las Vegas.
Nobody needs an excuse to visit Las Vegas. However, watching a favorite sports team is becoming a handy reason to plan a trip to Las Vegas or any other city with major league sports teams.
Last year, 40% of all visitors to events at Allegiant Stadium weren’t from Las Vegas. That number was as high as 65% for some Raiders home games at the football stadium near Mandalay Bay.
Unlike the Raiders, the Stanley Cup Champion Vegas Golden Knights are rooted in Las Vegas. Since their home hockey games at T-Mobile Arena on the Vegas Strip, there are plenty of fans of the visiting team.
The number may not be as high as the Raiders but out-of-conference hockey fans frequently descend on Las Vegas to watch their team play the Golden Knights. This is an “excuse” for an annual trip to Las Vegas.
It’s not uncommon to see Rangers, Bruins, and Blackhawks jerseys in the Vegas Strip casinos when the team makes their annual trip to play the reigning Stanley Cup Champions in Las Vegas.
Vegas Golden Knights 2023-2024 home schedule at T-Mobile Arena
Gameday is the most important part of planning a sports road trip. This is the centerpiece of any trip to watch a team play the Golden Knights in Las Vegas.
The Golden Knights will raise their Stanley Cup championship banner before the first home game of the season against the Seattle Kraken on Tuesday, Oct. 10. They don’t play their Stanley Cup Finals opponents in Las Vegas until Thursday, Jan. 4, 2023.
Here’s a look at the complete Golden Knights regular season schedule at T-Mobile Arena for next season.
- Tue. Oct. 10 vs. Seattle 7:30 p.m.
- Sat. Oct. 14 vs. Anaheim 7 p.m.
- Tue. Oct. 17 vs. Dallas 7:30 p.m.
- Tue. Oct. 24 vs. Philadelphia 8 p.m.
- Fri. Oct. 27 vs. Chicago 3 p.m.
- Mon. Oct. 30 vs. Montreal 7 p.m.
- Thu. Nov. 2 vs. Winnipeg 7 p.m.
- Sat. Nov. 4 vs. Colorado 7 p.m.
- Wed. Nov. 8 vs. Los Angeles 7 p.m.
- Fri. Nov. 10 vs. San Jose 7 p.m.
- Sat. Nov. 25 vs. Arizona 7 p.m.
- Sat. Dec. 2 vs. Washington 7 p.m.
- Mon. Dec. 4 vs. St. Louis 7 p.m.
- Sun. Dec. 10 vs. San Jose 7 p.m.
- Tue. Dec. 12 vs. Calgary 7 p.m.
- Fri. Dec. 15 vs. Buffalo 7 p.m.
- Sun. Dec. 17 vs. Ottawa 5 p.m.
- Thu. Dec. 28 vs. Los Angeles 7 p.m.
- Thu. Jan. 4 vs. Florida 7 p.m.
- Sat. Jan. 6 vs. NY Islanders 7 p.m.
- Thu. Jan. 11 vs. Boston 7 p.m.
- Sat. Jan. 13 vs. Calgary 7 p.m.
- Mon. Jan. 15 vs. Nashville 7 p.m.
- Thu. Jan. 18 vs. NY Rangers 7 p.m.
- Sat. Jan. 20 vs. Pittsburgh 7 p.m.
- Tue. Feb. 6 vs. Edmonton 7 p.m.
- Mon. Feb. 12 vs. Minnesota 7 p.m.
- Sat. Feb. 17 vs. Carolina 7:30 p.m.
- Tue. Feb. 20 vs. Nashville 7 p.m.
- Thu. Feb. 22 vs. Toronto 7 p.m.
- Thu. Mar. 7 vs. Vancouver 7 p.m.
- Sat. Mar. 9 vs. Detroit 7 p.m.
- Sun. Mar. 17 vs. New Jersey 12:30 p.m.
- Tue. Mar. 19 vs. Tampa Bay 7 p.m.
- Thu. Mar. 21 vs. Seattle 7 p.m.
- Sat. Mar. 23 vs. Columbus 7:30 p.m.
- Tue. Apr. 2 vs. Vancouver 7 p.m.
- Fri. Apr. 12 vs. Minnesota 7 p.m.
- Sun. Apr. 14 vs. Colorado 12:30 p.m.
- Tue. Apr. 16 vs. Chicago 6:30 p.m.
- Thu. Apr. 18 vs. Anaheim 7 p.m.
Planning a sports road trip to Las Vegas
Believe it or not, buying tickets is not the most important part of planning a road trip to see your favorite team play in Las Vegas. The secondary market makes acquiring tickets fairly simple. Waiting until the last minute to buy tickets to a game might even be the most economical way to buy tickets for a game.
The most important part of planning a sports road trip is securing transportation to Las Vegas. Airplane tickets may not be easily refundable or usable on other dates. This might also be the largest expense of a road trip to watch hockey in Las Vegas.
Hotel rooms can often be canceled 48-72 hours before a trip. Similarly, most restaurant reservations can also be canceled before a visit. This may be different at certain hotels and restaurants so check terms and conditions before making any reservations. Additional fees are all the rage in 2023.
The atmosphere around T-Mobile Arena before Golden Knights games can be electric with local and visiting fans all hanging out enjoy food and drink together.
Las Vegas sportsbooks near T-Mobile Arena
Mobile betting on sports in Nevada is different than in most states around the country. To use a Nevada sports betting app, a player must open an account in person inside a full-service casino.
Nevada sportsbook accounts are separate from those in other states. For example, a BetMGM account from New Jersey will not work with an account from the same company in Las Vegas.
A BetMGM player must set up a Nevada-specific account. The process is annoying but doesn’t take too long.
Additionally, some of the most popular sportsbook operators around the country do not have their apps available in Nevada. For reference, the DraftKings and FanDuel sportsbook apps do not work in Nevada.
The closest sportsbooks to T-Mobile Arena are all BetMGM retail locations. MGM Resorts’ New York-New York and Park MGM are the closest casinos to the Arena. Aria, MGM Grand, and Excalibur are also a short walk from where the Golden Knights play their home games.
Tropicana is the closest casino where someone can open a sports betting account with a different operator. This casino is home to a William Hill sportsbook.
Planet Hollywood is about a 10-15 minute walk for anyone who wants to open a Caesars Sportsbook Nevada account. This app is the closest to the non-Nevada sports betting experience.
If anyone wants to open a sports betting account elsewhere, they’ll have to drive or take the monorail.
Once a sports betting account is open and funded once, the player can load and remove funds from their account through the app.
Nearby food and beverage
One of the benefits of T-Mobile Arena being on the Vegas Strip is its proximity to multiple casinos. Part of building T-Mobile Arena was the addition of The Park outside of New York-New York and across the street from Monte Carlo (now Park MGM).
This open-air entertainment and dining district includes numerous bars and restaurants less than a minute away from T-Mobile Arena and Golden Knights games. Some of these eateries have both indoor and outdoor seating for fans to mingle.
Add the bars and restaurants inside of the casinos and there’s a huge variety of food and beverage options before and after the games. The selections include everything from grab-and-go drinks and bites to full-service fine dining.
- Hello Kitty Cafe
- Luke’s Lobster
- Shake Shack
- Tom’s Watch Bar
- Top Round
New York-New York
- 48th And Crepe
- Broadway Burger Bar and Grill
- Chin Chin
- Gallagher’s Steakhouse
- Gonzalez y Gonzalez
- Il Fornaio
- Nine Fine Irishmen
- NYNY Food Hall
- Village Street Eateries
- Bavette’s Steakhouse & Bar
- Best Friend
- The Crack Shack
- La Pizza e La Pasta
- La La Noodle
- NoMad Library Restaurant
- Side Betty Grill
- Toscana Ristorante & Bar
Between The Park and the two casinos, there are plenty of places close to Golden Knights games to eat, drink, and sports betting before and after the game.