Northern Waters Casino
Northern Waters Casino Resort is a casino and hotel complex in Watersmeet, a small town in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula. The facility is owned and operated by the Lac Vieux Desert Band of Lake Superior Chippewa Indians and has been welcoming patrons since 1996.
The small casino resort features a 25,000-square-foot gaming floor with almost 500 slots, four table games and a sportsbook. Guests can book accommodation at the on-site, 132-room Dancing Eagles Hotel and grab a bite at the venue’s Northern Waters Cafe and NW Sports Bar.
In addition to the casino and hotel, the resort boasts an 18-hole golf course, a gym, banquet facilities, an indoor pool, a sauna, a gas station, RV parking and a convenience store. Under Wolverine State gambling laws, patrons must be at least 18 to play casino games and at least 21 to place bets at the sportsbook.
Northern Waters Casino Resort details
- Name: Northern Waters Casino Resort
- Address: N5384 US-45, Watersmeet, MI 49969
- Phone Number: +1 906-358-4226
- Hours of Operation: 8 a.m. to 2 a.m. Sunday through Thursday; 8 a.m. to 12 a.m. on Fridays; 24 hours on Saturdays
- Games Available: 493 slot, video poker and video keno machines, five table games, and a sportsbook
Northern Waters Casino Resort gaming specs
|Northern Waters Casino||Details|
|Blackjack||Blackjack Shoe, Blackjack Pitch|
|Sportsbook||Yes, PointsBet Sportsbook|
|Keno||Yes, video keno|
|Free Play||Yes, slot games only|
|Restaurant(s)||Northern Waters Cafe|
|Bar(s)||NW Sports Bar, PointsBet Sportsbook Bar|
|Hotel||Yes, 132 rooms|
Slot machines at Northern Waters Casino Resort
Northern Waters Casino houses 493 slots, video keno, and video poker machines. Patrons can pull levers at costs ranging from $0.01 to $10, which makes it ideal for recreational players. High-rollers, on the other hand, will have to look for entertainment elsewhere.
The casino features a Classic Wide Area & Progressives Machines section where you can find progressive jackpot titles. The slot game area also includes several virtual roulette, blackjack, and craps machines.
Let’s take a look at some of the most notable cash slots on the casino floor:
- Dragon’s Law — This is a 5×3 East Asian-inspired slot machine from Konami. It boasts colorful visuals, up to 20 free plays and an RTP of 96.00%.
- Birds of Pay — This Aristocrat slot machine features a wildlife theme. It has a 5×3 reel layout and comes equipped with bonus spins, a Random Bonus Wilds feature and sticky wilds.
- Jeopardy — This IGT slot is based on the mega-popular TV game show of the same name. In addition to the authentic visuals and sound effects, the game boasts multiple bonus features that can bring multipliers and up to 30 free spins.
- Oceans of Beauty — This is a 5×3 slot from Grand Vision Gaming featuring a woman pirate as the highest-paying symbol. The game also comes with up to 24 free spins, the Mighty Cash bonus feature and five jackpot prizes.
- Tiger Roars — This GVG title with an East Asian theme boasts mesmerizing visuals and animations. In addition, it features a Mighty Cash bonus feature, free spins and five progressive jackpots.
Table games at Northern Waters Casino Resort
The table game area at Northern Waters Casino Resort features four tables offering Blackjack Shoe, Blackjack Pitch and Three Card Poker. Table limits for blackjack games range from just $5 to $200, whereas those for Three Card Poker start at $3 and go up to $25.
Patrons can join the action between 4 p.m. and 12 a.m. every Monday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. The table game section is closed on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
Does Northern Waters Casino Resort offer a poker room?
Northern Waters Casino Resort doesn’t have a poker room at the moment.
Does Northern Waters Casino Resort offer an online casino in Michigan?
Northern Waters Casino and Resort doesn’t offer an online casino in Michigan at present.
Does Northern Waters Casino Resort offer a sportsbook in Michigan?
The casino offers sports betting services in partnership with PointsBet. The non-smoking sportsbook features a sports bar and a lounge with a multi-screen video wall for watching sports events. While waiting for the game to begin, patrons can kill time at the several slot machines and blackjack tables located within the book.
The sportsbook features a betting counter and a few self-serve kiosks. The former is open from 12-8 p.m. on Mondays, Thursdays and Fridays, 12-7 p.m. on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, and from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. on Saturdays and Sundays.
The self-serve kiosks are available between 8 a.m. and 12 a.m. on Fridays and 24 hours on Saturdays. Their working hours for the rest of the week are 8 a.m. to 2 a.m.
In addition to the retail sportsbook, Northern Waters Casino operates an online sports betting website accepting visitors from Michigan who are at least 21. Patrons can also place bets via mobile using the book’s Android or iOS mobile app.
Northern Waters Casino Resort rewards program
Northern Waters Casino Resort in Watersmeet, MI runs the Superior Club loyalty program. To become members, patrons must apply in person at the casino. They can then use the membership card to collect points, exchange them for free play and participate in the casino’s promotions and giveaways.
Military veterans who become part of the Superior Club can take advantage of a 25% discount at the resort’s restaurants, hotel and golf course.
How do you earn points at Northern Waters Casino Resort?
Superior Club members can earn loyalty points by spending money on dining and gas and playing casino games at Northern Waters Casino Resort.
Can you get free play at Northern Waters Casino Resort?
Yes, you can. For every 100 loyalty points you accrue while playing casino games, you get $1 in free play you can use on the casino’s slots. The maximum amount of free play you can earn per day is $300. You must use up your loyalty points within one year, or they’ll expire.
- Bay Mills Resort & Casino
- FireKeepers Casino
- Four Winds Casino Dowagiac
- Four Winds Casino Hartford
- Four Winds Casino New Buffalo
- Gun Lake Casino
- Hollywood Casino at Greektown
- Kewadin Casino Christmas
- Kewadin Casino St. Ignace
- Leelanau Sands Casino
- Little River Casino
- MGM Grand Detroit
- MotorCity Casino Hotel
- Ojibwa Casino Marquette
- Saganing Eagles Landing Casino
- Soaring Eagle Casino & Resort
- Turtle Creek Casino
Northern Waters Casino Resort history and current owners
Northern Waters Casino Resort opened on Jan. 1, 1996. The $30 million property was originally known as Lac Vieux Desert Casino, after the Lac Vieux Desert Band of Lake Superior Chippewa Indians, which remains the resort’s owner and operator to this day.
The tribe added a nine-hole golf course to the property in 1998 and expanded it by nine more in 2008. The resort underwent a major renovation in 2017, adding a cafe, restaurant, and bar. Following the upgrade, it was rebranded as Northern Waters Casino Resort.
The resort’s owner is the Lac Vieux Desert Band of Lake Superior Chippewa Indians.
No, the casino doesn’t offer complimentary drinks.
You have to be 18 to gamble and at least 21 to place sports bets in any casino in Michigan, including Northern Waters.
No, the gaming floor is smoke-free.
The table limits for blackjack at Northern Waters Casino Resort can range from $5 to $200.
No, not currently.
Visit the casino’s official website and go to Superior Club > Win-Loss Statement. Fill in the request form on this page and submit it. The casino will contact you to confirm your identity. Upon successful verification, it will send you a win/loss statement.