Disclaimer: Sports Illustrated Casino has not launched its online casino yet. This review is speculative, and we will update it when we learn more about a potential SI Casino app.
of Gold Coins for $10
Sports Illustrated Casino could soon be making its way to parts of the US. Working with 888 Holdings, the company is looking to expand its online sportsbook site over the coming months to include an online casino, as well.
Based on what the two companies have offered so far when it comes to online gambling, here is a review of what to expect from a potential SI Casino, including possible promotions and bonuses, games, banking options, and customer support.
SI Casino bonus code for January 2023
Since Sports Illustrated has yet to launch an online casino, we don’t know what it will do for a Sports Illustrated Casino bonus code or even if it will require one. However, given its partnership with 888, here is what that company offers as a welcome bonus at its online casino in New Jersey.
|Online Casino||Sports Illustrated Casino|
|SI Casino Bonus Code||TBD|
|SI Casino Join Bonus||$20|
|SI Casino Deposit Bonus||120% up to $500|
|When is SI Casino launching?||Unknown|
|Last Updated||January 2023|
How might the Sports Illustrated Casino bonus work?
888 offers new customers at its online casino a $20 bonus when they create an account and a matching bonus of 120% up to $500 when they make their first deposit. Here are the key terms and conditions if Sports Illustrated offers the same at its online casino:
$20 welcome bonus
- You don’t need to make a deposit to receive the $20 bonus, but you must claim it within 48 hours of creating your account.
- To unlock the bonus for withdrawal, you must wager it 30 times within 60 days.
Deposit matching bonus
- You must make a first deposit of at least $20 to receive this bonus.
- The casino will match 120% of your deposit with bonus funds, up to $500.
- These bonus funds also require you to meet a 30x playthrough requirement within 60 days.
Does SI Casino have other promotions?
Here are some common online casino bonuses that an SI Casino could potentially offer:
- Refer a friend: If someone signs up and makes a deposit using your SI Casino code, you each receive some bonus funds.
- Free spins: Unlock free spins based on your wagering. SI Casino may designate a particular slot that you can use these free spins on.
- Game of the week: Playing a casino’s game of the week can earn you bonuses based on your play.
Is SI Casino legal in the US?
Sports Illustrated’s online casino will need to receive approval on a state-by-state basis for any states in which it wishes to operate. And, of course, all online casinos will need to be legal in such a state.
The Sports Illustrated Sportsbook already is online in Colorado and Virginia, but online casino gambling is not legal in either of those states. 888 Casino, meanwhile, operates in New Jersey. To legally gamble at an online Sports Illustrated Casino, you’ll need to be in a state where doing so is legal, and you’ll need to meet that state’s minimum age for online gambling (21 in most cases).
How do I download the SI Casino app?
Sports Illustrated will likely have an app to make its online casino more accessible for mobile device users. Casino apps are generally available for both Apple and Android devices and free to download. You can often access the correct download page on the App Store or Google Play via a link on the casino’s website when you access it on a mobile browser. Alternatively, their mobile casino is also accessible through the browser of your device if you don’t want to download an app.
Read more: Best Online Casino Apps
How do I get started at SI Casino?
To create an account at a legal online casino in the US, you generally need to provide most or all of the following information:
- Email address
- First and last name
- Phone number
- Home address
- User ID and password for your account
- Backup security question(s)
- Last four digits of your Social Security number
Once you’ve entered all of that, click the register button to create your account. The casino will then check your details against the information you’ve provided. If it can’t immediately verify your identity, you may need to provide an uploaded image of a valid photo ID.
What games can you play at SI Casino?
The bulk of the games at SI Casino will likely be slots, but we’ll probably also see some mix of roulette, baccarat, blackjack and video poker, as well. Depending on the availability of live dealer games in any states where the casino launches, we may see some of those, as well.
Popular online slots you might see include Cleopatra Gold, Bonanza, Gonzo’s Quest, and King Kong Fury. As far as table games, we might get classic and multiplayer blackjack, along with American and European versions of roulette. We could also see a few other options like Ultimate Texas Hold’em and Three Card Poker.
What are the most popular games at SI Casino?
While we can’t be sure about the titles Sports Illustrated Casino will offer just yet, here are a couple of popular options we commonly see:
- Cleopatra Gold: This new spin on the classic Cleopatra slot is fantastic. The IGT title has five reels and 20 paylines, with a number of bonus features. Wild symbols pay the highest at Cleopatra Gold, offering 1,250 times your bet.
- Five Play Draw Poker: This interactive video poker option is pretty self-explanatory — you can play five hands of poker at any time for a fast-playing and action-packed game. Five Play Draw Poker has crisp graphics and a retro feel.
- Aztec Falls: Aztec Falls is a five-reel, three-row game with 20 paylines and a return-to-player rate of 96.1%. It includes sticky wilds, free spins and bonus games.
- Knight Rider: Take the passenger seat of this game to win up to 7,000 times your original bet. Knight Rider has five reels and 26 paylines, with a walking multiplier feature, turbo boosts and free spins.
What’s great about SI Casino
- Speed: The SI Sportsbook tends to operate quickly, so we’re anticipating something similar here. This includes deposit and withdrawal times as well as the operating speed of the casino website and app.
- Integrated platform: If you like to place a sports bet or two, you likely will be able to at the SI Sportsbook, provided you are in a state where both options are legal.
- Banking options: We’ll likely see similar methods available here as what the company’s online sportsbook offers.
Areas in need of improvement
- Rewards program: We’ve not had word yet whether SI Casino will offer a rewards program. If it does not, that would put it a step behind options like Golden Nugget Casino and BetMGM.
- App: We’ll have to wait to see how quickly SI Casino rolls out an app should it launch in any US states. Ideally, the app would be available on launch, but if not, that would be a bit of a downside.
SI Sportsbook has a minimum deposit of $10, so we can likely expect something similar at a potential SI Casino, as well. For making deposits, the online sportsbook accepts Visa (debit and credit cards), Mastercard, Discover, bank transfers, Play+, PayPal and PayNearMe.
How to withdraw money from SI Casino
Available methods for withdrawal on Sports Illustrated’s sportsbook are via Visa debit card, bank transfer, Play+ and PayPal. Generally, you must have used one of those methods to make a deposit before you can use it to request a withdrawal.
Customer support at SI
SI’s online sportsbook starts its support section off with an FAQ. It has this organized into categories, and below that are a half dozen of the most frequent of the frequently asked questions. Then, if you can’t find an answer, you can submit your question by clicking the contact button and filling out an online form.
If SI’s online casino has a similar setup, that would mean no options for asking questions via phone or online live chat. However, we may eventually see the company add one or both options, as well.
SI’s entry into the US online gambling market
Sports Illustrated’s parent company, Authentic Brands Group, partnered with 888 Holdings to launch an online sportsbook in the US. So far, it is available in Colorado and Virginia. Now, SI has an online casino in the pipeline. The company has not announced an official launch date for that, so we’ll have to wait to see if anything happens in 2022 or if we’ll be looking at 2023 or beyond.
What do I get when I use the SI Casino bonus code in January 2023?
If Sports Illustrated requires an SI Casino bonus code at its online casino, as it does at its online sportsbook, then you’ll be able to use it to claim a welcome bonus. For an example of what that might look like, see above for details on 888 Casino’s bonus.
Is SI Casino safe?
Yes, Sports Illustrated is working in partnership with 888 Holdings, a reputable online gambling company. Additionally, the two have already partnered to launch a legal and safe online sportsbook.
How do I download the SI Casino app?
Once the online casino launches, it will likely have download links for its app if you visit its website on a mobile device.
What is the minimum deposit at SI Casino?
The minimum deposit at SI Sportsbook is $10, so an online casino would likely be similar, if not the same.