The Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board (PGCB) reported that the combined total revenue generated from all forms of gaming during September was $476.28 million.
The figure represents a yearly increase of 6.20% compared to revenue generated in September 2022 of $448.48 million. The figure is also a 4.18% monthly increase from $457.15 million collected in August.
Sources of gaming revenue regulated by the PGCB include:
- Slot machines
- Table games
- Online gaming
- Sports betting
- Fantasy contests
- Video gaming terminals (VGTs)
Pennsylvania regulator reported that total revenue from iGaming was a record $159.49 million. The figure is:
- A 41.48% yearly rise from September 2022’s $112.73 million
- A 10% monthly increase from the $144.98 million generated in August
One of the latest operators to join the Pennsylvania gambling market, Golden Nugget Online Casino, contributed to that iGaming revenue total of $4.91 million. September was Golden Nugget’s first full month of operation in Pennsylvania after launching on Aug. 21.
Breakdown of all the PA online casino revenue
As mentioned, PA online casinos generated a record amount of monthly gross revenue totaling $159,490,505 during September. The gross revenue number tops the previous monthly high, March 2023, when revenue was $148,189,028.
Here is how much each of the PA online casinos generated throughout the last month, according to the PGCB data:
- Hollywood Casino at Penn National Race Course: $64,853,030
- Valley Forge Casino Resort: $35,432,060
- Rivers Casino Philadelphia: $29,243,910
- Harrah’s Philadelphia: $7,218,175
- Parx Casino: $5,822,782
- Golden Nugget: $4,909,120
- Mount Airy Casino Resort: $3,763,332
- Live! Casino Philadelphia: $2,854,321
- Wind Creek Bethlehem: $1,845,133
- Mohegan Pennsylvania: $1,841,356
- Bally’s Pennsylvania: $1,707,287
Pennsylvania regulator reported that total revenue from iSlots was $114.75 million, a 47.32% yearly increase from September 2022’s $77.89 million. The number is also a 9% monthly increase from $105.27 million generated in August.
Revenue from online table games was $42.36 million, while PA online casinos generated $2.38 million from online poker.
As for statewide sports betting, PA operators collected $726.26 million in total bets (betting handle), resulting in $36.63 million in total revenue.
Golden Nugget Online Casino shows monthly progress as expected
The Golden Nugget Online Casino app went live in August as the 20th platform in Pennsylvania. During its 10 days of operation, Golden Nugget generated $2.04 million in online slots revenue in August.
Here’s Golden Nugget Casino’s monthly comparison for interactive slots:
- Total bets received: $123.32 million in September, 141.8% rise from $50.99 million generated in August
- Gross revenue: $4.78 million in September, an increase from August’s $542,645
- State tax: $1.63 million in September, up from $184,499 recorded in August
The casino also reported a significant increase in revenue from interactive table games, from $542,645 (in August) to $4.78 million (in September).
What does the Golden Nugget Online Casino PA offer?
Although Golden Nugget Online Casino kicked off less than two months ago, it already has almost 600 slots and 40 table games in its portfolio.
Online slots are powered by renowned software suppliers like IGT, Everi, NetEnt, NextGen and Lightning Box. Players can expect more releases to be added on a regular basis.
Some of the available online casino games include releases that were previously exclusive to DraftKings. That’s because DraftKings acquired Golden Nugget Online Gaming in May last year. Golden Nugget Casino PA is also run by DraftKings’ technology.
Apart from Pennsylvania, Golden Nugget Online Casino operates in New Jersey, Michigan and West Virginia.