Picture this — a clown at a birthday party, surrounded by laughing children as he contorts balloons into various shapes and animals. Balloonies by IGT is an online slot machine filled with fan-favorite balloon animals, as well as a couple of new additions to the crew.
Balloonies has five reels with three rows, totaling 20 potential pay-lines. Players can expect numerous bonus features, creative graphics, and cheery music and sound effects that fit the theme well.
Slots to play next
What makes Balloonies slot great
Balloonies offers its players a couple of features that make it stand out from the crowd. Here are some of the best aspects of the slot:
- Floating reels: A feature typically seen in megaways slot machines, the floating reels bonus causes winning symbols to disappear and be replaced by new ones, potentially creating a chain reaction of wins.
- Single scatter payouts: When it comes to star scatters, you only need to hit one to see a payout. These payouts also get multiplied by up to five times.
- Graphics: The graphics in Balloonies are creative and very thematic. The feel of the slot is very cheery and light, especially when compared to some other slots.
How Balloonies slot could improve
Balloonies could improve in a couple of areas. Here are some of the slot’s weak points:
- Animations: While many of the game’s animations are well-made and hit the mark, one very common animation is very jarring — the spinning of the reels themselves. They don’t spin. You press play, and the 15 symbols are replaced by new ones.
- Gameplay: Like most traditional slots, your involvement when playing Balloonies is limited. All you can do is click spin and hope to win.
- Free play bonus: There’s a free play bonus, but it’s hard to trigger. You have to land on three scatters, but the scatters can only appear in the first three reels. Triggering the bonus requires serious luck.
|Min / Max Bet||$20 - $2,000|
|# of Pay-lines||20|
|Max Free Spins||14|
|Bonus Features||Free spins, floating reels, multiplying stars|
Free and Real Money IGT Slots
How to play Balloonies slot online
Balloonies is a five-reel, three-row slot machine that has 20 pay-lines. You can play the free version of the game on our website. All you have to do is open the demo, set your bet level using the control panel on the bottom, and get spinning. Your bets can range from 20 credits to 2,000, and you can refresh the page at any time to reset your credits back to 1,000.
If you want to play real money online slots, all you have to do is sign up for one of the best online casinos for real money. Many online casinos allow players to test the real version of the game using a no-deposit offer. Some also progressive slots, virtual sports games, and weekly and monthly cashback promos. Check the list below for current promos and casino bonuses.
Bonus and jackpots for Balloonies (Rating of 4/5)
Balloonies has three primary bonus features — floating reels, multiplying stars, and free plays. The floating reels activate whenever you hit a winning combination. The winning symbols pop and disappear, clearing the way for new symbols and a triumphant chain reaction.
Multiplying stars are always active; you just have to find them in the reels. Landing on a star earns you a scatter payout and a multiplier up to five for your entire win. If you hit multiple stars, their respective multipliers add up.
To trigger the free plays, you need to land on three bonus scatters in one spin. These can only appear in the first three reels. Once you land on three, you’re given the choice of a balloon to pop, which controls how many free plays you get (anywhere between four and 14). Stars and floating reels are active during the free play game, but you can’t retrigger the free games.
Balloonies graphics and visuals (Rating of 4/5)
The graphics in this slot are great — they’re all very creative and crisp, and they express the theme of the game perfectly. The background of the game is a blue, well-lit sky, and the overall vibe promotes a positive mental space for the player.
Balloonies loses points, however, because of its animations. Most of them are fine, but one animation removes any sense of immersion you may have. Every time you press play, the reels don’t spin. The symbols are simply replaced by new ones.
Balloonies gameplay (Rating of 3/5)
The typical slot machine doesn’t offer much in the way of interactive gameplay, and Balloonies is no stranger to this flaw. For the most part, you’re limited to clicking play and hoping you win.
Balloonies does earn some credit because the game is very clear about winning pay-lines, how much you’ve won, and why. The winning symbols pop in a satisfying way, and your winnings are counted up on the bottom of the screen (with multipliers added after).
Overall rating for Balloonies by IGT (Rating of 3.5/5)
With all of its features taken into account, Balloonies remains an average slot machine. We give it a rating of 3.5/5, but this rating could easily increase if the reels were adjusted to actually spin and player involvement was improved. We would be remiss if we didn’t mention the game’s stellar graphics and quantity of bonus features, though.