Most Popular Online Slot Games
Free to Play Bally Slots Online
- Amazing Ripley’s Believe It Or Not Slots
- Anchorman Slots
- Blazing X Asia
- Cash Spin Slot Machines
- Cash Wizard Slots
- Celestial King Slots
- Cirque du Soleil Amaluna Slot Game
- Cirque du Soleil Kooza Slot Machine
- Dancing Drums Slot Machine Online
- Dragon Spin Slot
- Fu Dao Le Slot Machine
- Hot Shot Slots Game
- Jin Ji Boa Xi Slots
- Lady Robin Hood Slot Machine
- Lucky Link Beats Slot Game
- Lucky Tree Slot Machine
- Michael Jackson Slot Machine
- Monopoly 250K Slot Review
- Quick Hit Slots
- Triple Cash Wheel Slots Machine
- Vegas Hits Slot Machine
- Wild Red Quick Hits Slot Machine
- Willy Wonka Slot Machines
- Wonder Woman Slot Machine
Game review: Sword of Destiny, by Bally Tech
A forbidden forest swathed in mist. The ramparts of an ancient castle. You’ve entered a scene of the Sword Of Destiny online video slot game designed by Bally Technologies.
A dark knight and a white maiden are among the characters that make this fantasy come to life. It’s full of excitement, twists and turns, just like a medieval quest. With a return-to-player output of nearly 96%, there’s plenty of opportunities to win big.
Sword of Destiny is a five reel, 25 payline slot machine game that’s fairly straightforward during the regular round. The bonus rounds promise as much excitement as the adventure-themed setting does.
Bally’s mobile-friendly adaptation of Sword of Destiny means that the fun doesn’t have to stop when you’re on the go.
Sword of Destiny: Core gameplay
Starting the game is intuitive, like all Bally slots games.
You can increase or decrease your wager with the plus and minus buttons at the bottom right. When you’re ready, spin the circular arrow in the middle. Just to the left of the start arrow is a small, gold and circular arrow, which represents the auto-spin feature. This programs the game to spin with the same wager placed, ideal for keeping your winning streak going while you take a break.
Choosing the portrait mode increases the fantasy surroundings as an evil knight, who is swathed in flames, oversees the game. Various fantasy characters make an appearance as the reels spin. Trumpet fanfare sounds as the reels spin while music reminiscent of a festive tournament plays in the background.
- Set your wager
- Wagers run from 40 cents to $360
- Note that all paylines are in play at all times. Those that prefer modest wagers should take this into account
- Spin to start or choose autoplay
- Randomly triggered base symbols deliver clumped wilds, stacked high-value cards and a bonus opportunity
- Balance shows on the left
- Bonus rounds produce two additional reels and 25 more paylines, which is unheard of for similar slots.
As you play Sword of Destiny, it’s important to keep an eye on not only on the symbols that drop but also your chance to have a bonus round; there are four different bonus options.
Mythical symbols and an immersive medieval experience
Capturing the spirit of King Arthur and the Round Table is apparent with careful detail and delicate coloring of the background and symbols.
There’s the mist-wreathed castle from the game intro, a warrior maiden with a drawn bow, gold vial of a secret potion, bejeweled and promising secrets, feather quill, ancient scroll, lavender compass point and a jewel-hilted sword.
There’s also a dark knight with a glowing white sword and a glowing gold metal glove. Then there’s the game’s exciting bonus symbol, the “X Zone,” which is simply the stylized letters in a box.
All in all, the symbols can be a little confusing, since this slots game doesn’t have the typically low in value nine- through ace-card symbols that other slot machines have.
Luckily, Bally’s designers understood this and provided a cheat sheet under the questionmark button. This shows the value of a three, four or five of each matching along with how much each will pay out depending on you wager that round.
Sword of Destiny has four bonus rounds
The start of bonus rounds for Sword of Destiny happens when the “X Zone” button drops. There are four different bonus rounds in this game, which adds to the excitement.
You’ll notice when the bonus round activates, the reels expand to accommodate an additional two reels, adding a whopping 25 paylines to the game.
The bonus feature triggers at random and includes:
- The Clumped Wild, which features one to three reels littered with clumped wild symbols
- The Random Wilds feature the “4” and the “9” positions filled with wilds
- The Group Wilds feature the “4” to the “10” adjacent positions covered with wilds
- The (rarer) Symbol Upgrade bonus means that the flask, necklace or scroll symbols are replaced with the swordsman, an arrow maiden or castle symbols. This upgrade means a larger payout.
The bonus features don’t end here.
When three “X Zone” symbols populate the reels, in any position, players receive eight free spins. In addition, each free spin is subject to a multiplier ranging from 2x to 10x.
The last bonus for Sword of Destiny is the Temple Tower. This bonus happens when it drops on reels one, three and five and a ladder with 16 rungs will appear.
When you ascend the ladder, you have the opportunity to win instant cash prizes and three fixed jackpot. There’s something extra special here, but we won’t spoil everything.
Sword of Destiny is enchanting, engaging and best of all, is easy enough for a new player to have a fun experience, but challenging enough, especially with the bonus rounds, for a veteran slots player to remain engaged.