Betfred Sports Promo Code BETBONUS for in $1,111 Bonus Bets
Founded in 1967, Betfred is one of the biggest oddsmakers in Europe, and now boasts online sportsbooks in six states (Arizona, Colorado, Iowa, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Virginia) and potentially plans to launch in Louisiana, Massachusetts, and more states in the coming months. New users who sign up with Betfred Sportsbook and enter the Betfred promo code BETBONUS will receive a welcome bonus worth up to $1,111.
In our Betfred review, you will learn why the sportsbook is one of the top oddsmakers in the industry. We walk you through getting signed up and look at Betfred’s new player offers, explain how to get signed up and of course, examine the types of bets you can make.
- Welcome Bonus: Claim up $1,111 in bonus bets
- Tons of sports markets to wager on
- Top app for iOS and Android
- One of the most experienced names in sports betting
New player welcome bonus at Betfred Sportsbook
Sign up with Betfred and use the best Betfred Sportsbook promo code BETBONUS for your chance to get up to $1,111 in Fred bets, commonly referred to as bonus bets at other sportsbooks. Keep reading to understand how the offer works, because it is a bit complicated.
Betfred Sports promo code 2023
|Betfred Sportsbook bonus code||BETBONUS|
|Total Welcome Bonus||Up to $1,111|
|Bet & Get Bonus||Bet $50, get $111 bonus bet (win or lose)|
|Money-back Bonus||Get 50% bonus bets refund, max of $200 per week
For five consecutive weeks
|States Available||AZ, CO, IA, OH, PA & VA|
|Last Updated||June 2023|
How does the Betfred sign-up bonus work?
And now let’s take a deeper dive into Betfred’s sign-up bonus.
- Open a new account with Betfred Sportsbook and enter the Betfred online sportsbook promo code BETBONUS.
- You’ll need to make a $50 bet, so you’ll have to deposit before doing this.
- When that qualifying bet is settled, Betfred will issue you a $111 bonus bet.
Now let’s look at how claiming the other $1,000 in bonus bets works.
- Every week, for five weeks, Betfred will refund 50% of your net losses back in bonus bets, up to a maximum of $200 a week.
- So, if you lose $400 or more in a week you will receive the maximum $200 bonus bet in return.
- Bets placed with odds of +300 or longer, odds boosts, and futures bets do not qualify.
Whew, is your head spinning a little? Don’t worry, it’s actually not that complicated, let’s go over an example to clear up any confusion.
- Say you join Betfred Sportsbook on Thursday, and place a $50 qualifying bet that day. In that case, you’ll be given your $111 bonus bet right after your bet settles.
- Then, Betfred will calculate your net losses between Thursday-Wednesday for the next five weeks.
- Each time you’re in the hole, 50% of your losses (max $200) will be returned to you as a bonus bet.
This means, to claim the additional $1,000 in Betfred Sportsbook bonus bets, you’ll need to lose at least $2,000 during your first 35 days at Betfred online sportsbook.
Terms and conditions apply to all offers. Please see Betfred Sportsbook for details. 21+ Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER+
How to sign up for a Betfred account
Getting signed up with Betfred is a simple process and one that you can do entirely online using either the Betfred app or the website.
- Start by clicking “register” on either the app or website.
- Enter the Betfred Sportsbook promo code BETBONUS.
- Then you need to enter your email and create a password, followed by your legal name, gender and date of birth.
- On the following page, enter your address, cell number and pick and answer a couple of security questions.
- Then you will need to confirm that the email address you supplied is correct. After that, a window will appear asking for the final four digits of your Social Security number. Once you enter that and click “Continue” you are all done.
From start to finish, it should not take more than a few minutes to get signed up with Betfred.
Sign up with Betfred and get up to $1,111 in bonus bets today!
Where is Betfred Sportsbook legal?
Betfred currently is legal in six states (Arizona, Colorado, Iowa, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Virginia), with more likely on the way in the months to come. Here’s a quick look at the states where Betfred is legal:
- Betfred Sportsbook Arizona: Betfred and the Fort McDowell Yavapai Nation, owners of We-Ko-Pa Casino Resort, partnered in Arizona to allow Betfred online sportsbook to receive a betting license. Sports betting debuted in AZ in September 2021 and while Betfred came online in February 2022.
- Betfred Sportsbook Colorado: Betfred’s app launched in Colorado in September 2020, while its retail sportsbook debuted at Saratoga Casino in Black Hawk in June 2020. Betting on local college teams is allowed in the state.
- Betfred Sportsbook Iowa: Betfred debuted in Iowa in July 2020 at Grand Falls Casino, but it wasn’t until 1, 2021, that Iowans could register for sportsbooks remotely. Iowa does not allow betting on non-sports events like the Grammys or Oscars. Betting on Iowa-based college teams is allowed, but prop bets on individual college players are not.
- Betfred Sportsbook Louisiana: Louisiana launched retail sports betting before online wagering. For that reason, Betfred opened a retail sportsbook at The Draft Room inside Paragon Casino Resort in October 2021. Online sports betting launched in Louisiana in early 2022, and while Betfred is not live there yet, we expect it to be online fairly soon.
- Betfred Sportsbook Ohio: Online sports wagering came to Ohio on January 1, 2023, and Betfred partnered with the Cincinnati Bengals to launch in the state on day one.
- Betfred Sportsbook Pennsylvania: Betfred launched in the Keystone State at Wind Creek Casino Bethlehem in November 2020, with the Betfred app debuting shortly thereafter. In Pennsylvania you can bet on local college teams, but not on non-sporting events, including the NFL and NBA drafts.
- Betfred Sportsbook Virginia: Betfred first started accepting bets in December 2022, but it wasn’t until February 2023, that Betfred fully launched in the state. Betfred partnered with USL Championship soccer club Loudoun United to get a sports betting license in Virginia.
What sports are available at Betfred?
At Betfred you can bet on the NFL, NBA, NHL, MLB, MLS, UFC, PGA Tour and NASCAR as far as major US sports. The sportsbook also has markets for soccer leagues across the world such as Spain’s La Liga, Europe’s Champions League and Germany’s Bundesliga.
And if college sports are more your style, don’t fret, because you can also bet on college basketball and football on Betfred.
Available wagers at Betfred
Betfred has all the standard types of sports bets available at most major online sportsbooks. Here’s a look at how the different bets work:
- Moneyline: For these you are just picking which team is going to win, or for sports where ties are possible (like soccer) you can select that, too. Odds listed in negative numbers mean that’s how much money you need to risk to win $100, while odds listed in positive numbers mean that’s how much you would win on a $100 bet.
- Spreads: Here your pick must take into account an estimated margin of victory. Spreads will often end in 0.5 to prevent pushes from happening.
- Over/unders: Also called totals, these are bets where you are picking what the combined point or run total will be for both teams in a game. Over/unders also can be for various team and player statistics during games.
- Props: These are play-based side bets that do not depend on the outcome of a game. You could end up betting on how many points, strikeouts, rebounds, goals, etc. a specific player will have during a contest.
- Parlays: You are combining a minimum of two selections, and for your parlay to win, you need to get all your selections correct. More picks equal more money, but the more legs in your parlay, the harder the entire bet becomes to get right.
- Teasers: These are kind of like spread-based parlays, but for teasers you change the lines for all the games you select by the same number of points. Teasers are most typically associated with football and basketball betting.
- Round robins: Here is another form of multi-selection betting, but unlike with parlays and teasers, you do not need to get every pick correct in order to win at least some of your bet.
- Futures: These are bets on events that could be weeks or months down the road. The most common futures bets are for teams to win division or conference titles and championships, or for players to win MVP awards.
Live betting at Betfred
If you are new to sports betting, you might be unaware that thanks to sports betting apps like Betfred you can now bet on games that already have started thanks to live betting.
With live betting, also known as in game betting, odds will change nearly constantly depending on what the score is, how much time is remaining in a game, which team has the ball, player injuries and foul trouble, etc.
Betfred offers live betting for most sports, and you are able to bet on everything from which team will win, who will cover the spread, over/unders, prop bets and even what will happen during the next play in some games.
Just be sure you have a good internet connection and that however you are watching the game is not delayed because the last thing you want to do is place a bet only to find out the situation in the game isn’t what you thought it was.
How to download the Betfred sports betting app
You can follow our link to download the Betfred Sportsbook app for your iOS or Android phone or tablet.
Once you select either the Android or Apple app, you will first download it onto your device and then install it. During the process, you may need to grant permission to allow the app to be downloaded and installed.
It will take only a minute or so to complete the process, and then you will be able to start betting remotely using the app. You also can use the website to place your bets and manage your account.
Navigating the Betfred app and website
If you’ve used sportsbook apps before, Betfred’s website should take little to no time to get the hang of. You can navigate to different sports using the bar along the left side of the screen, and games appear in the middle.
Now let’s take a look at some specific areas of the Betfred website to be familiar with:
- Your account: By clicking on the person icon in the upper right corner, you can access your Betfred account. From here you can access the Betfred cashier, check your bonus status, upload any required documents or sign out of your account.
- Promotions page: You can reach the Betfred promo page by clicking on “promotions” located in the blue box running down the left portion of the website. Here you’ll see a list of all the ongoing Betfred promotions. Clicking the “learn more” button shows you a complete breakdown of how each promotion works.
- Bet slip: The betting slip is on the right side, and it is very intuitive to use. When you click on bets, they will appear on your slip. At that time you can choose to either place single bets or create parlays, teasers or round robins. Just add how much you want to bet and then click “place bet” to make your wagers.
- Sports options: All the sports that you can bet on appear on the right side of the Betfred website under “A-Z Sports.” You can either click on the sport or the plus sign next to the sport to see the various leagues available to wager on.
- Customer support: If you need to reach Betfred’s customer support team, you can click on the three white lines in the upper left corner of the page and then select “Betfred support.” At that point, you’ll arrive at a screen with phone numbers to call and text and an email address, specific to the state you are in.
Layout differences on the Betfred app
There is very little difference between the Betfred app and the website. Really, the only noticeable change is that on the app you will see listings along the top and bottom of the page, as opposed to along the left and right sides of the screen on the website.
The small changes are beneficial, though, because the extra room on a computer screen allows for displays on the sides, whereas smaller tablet and phone screens necessitate more viewing space in the middle.
Overall, you should have no problem transitioning from the Betfred website to the app.
How to deposit at Betfred Sportsbook
You have the option of doing all your transactions online, or if you choose, you can head to a Betfred retail sportsbook location and deposit funds in person.
First up, here’s where you can go for making in-person deposits.
- Betfred Sportsbook Arizona: While nothing is official, we anticipate that you’ll be able to make in-person transactions at We-Ko-Pa Casino Resort, 10438 N. Fort McDowell Rd., Scottsdale, AZ 85264.
- Betfred Sportsbook Colorado: You can fund your account by going to Saratoga Casino at 101 Main St., Black Hawk, Colorado.
- Betfred Sportsbook Iowa: Head to Grand Falls Casino & Golf Resort, 1415 Grand Falls Blvd., Larchwood, Iowa.
- Betfred Sportsbook Louisiana: With a retail sportsbook already open at Paragon Casino Resort, there’s no reason to believe you can’t make in-person transactions from that location, 711 Paragon Pl., Marksville, LA 71351.
- Betfred Sportsbook Ohio: There is no word yet about in-person banking at Betfred Sportsbook in Ohio.
- Betfred Sportsbook Pennsylvania: You can make deposits by going to Wind Creek Bethlehem at 77 Wind Creek Blvd., Bethlehem, Pennsylvania.
- Betfred Sportsbook Virginia: No in-person banking options are available at this time.
Betfred also offers plenty of methods for depositing money remotely. Here’s a look at your options, which may vary depending on the state you are in:
- Cash at the retail cage
- Credit Card: Mastercard, Visa or American Express
- VIP Preferred
- Play+ Prepaid Card
Wrapping up: Betfred Sportsbook
As one of the newer entrants into sports betting in the US, Betfred clearly is not the biggest name in the industry, but with a long and successful history in Europe, there’s no reason to think Betfred will not be just as successful in America.
Look for Betfred to continue to expand throughout the country and potentially even rival other sportsbooks not named DraftKings or FanDuel, which are clearly the two alpha dogs of the industry.
Betfred Sportsbook FAQ
Use the Betfred Sportsbook bonus code BETBONUS to receive up to $1,111 in bonus bets. See the bonus section above for full Betfred Sportsbook welcome bonus terms and conditions.
Yes, Betfred is licensed and available in Arizona, Colorado, Iowa, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Virginia, with more states, including Louisiana and Massachusetts, likely to be added soon. In order to bet, you need to be at least 21 years of age and have the geolocation software on your computer or mobile device turned on.
Currently Betfred is operating in Arizona, Colorado, Iowa, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Virginia. Betfred could be expanding to Louisiana and Massachusetts in the new year. Click here to sign up with Betfred Sportsbook, use promo code BETBONUS, and get a welcome bonus worth up to $1,111 in bonus bets.
Follow our links to download the Betfred app for either Android or Apple products. Select the appropriate file and then simply download and install it on your device. The entire process should take no more than a couple of minutes.
You can make deposits either in person at a Betfred retail sportsbook location or by going to PayNearMe locations. You also can deposit online using a Play+ card or an e-check.
Yes, not only is Betfred a trusted name in sports betting, but it is licensed and regulated in Arizona, Iowa, Ohio, Colorado and Pennsylvania. That means you can trust that your money and personal information are safe when doing business with Betfred.
Yes, you can bet on college sports at Betfred. Depending on state law where you’re placing your bets, though, you might not be able to bet on certain teams or markets.