Draftkings Sportsbook Review 2022
Bonus:$25FREE On Sign Up
With online sports betting becoming legal in many states, big brands are working toward expanding across the US. Among these include DraftKings Sportsbook.
This site is also known for its daily fantasy sports (DFS) contests.
DraftKings currently offers sports betting in New Jersey, West Virginia, Indiana and Pennsylvania. In each instance, it has partnered with a local venue, opening the DraftKings-branded live sportsbook and app.
When you sign up to DraftKings through our site, you automatically qualify for the $25 free bonus offer in addition to a $200 risk-free bet and 20% deposit bonus.
This guide to DraftKings Sportsbook provides a primer on how the app and website work, and shares info on bonuses and banking.
New player welcome bonuses at DraftKings Sportsbook
There are three bonus offers at DraftKings. As books open in new states, sports betting fans will find some combination of these, or even all three. They do not need to use a DraftKings promo code. Simply sign-up with our links and receive the best possible welcome bonus:
- 5x free $5 bets
- Risk-free bet, up to $200
- 20% matched bonus, up to $500
New players receive the free bets for merely signing up; however, there are a few terms and conditions:
- New players will have seven days to use the free bets.
- The odds need to be -200 or better to qualify.
- New players must wager their winnings at least once before they can withdraw it.
DraftKings Sportsbook Promo Code for 2022
|Online Sportsbook||DraftKings Sportsbook|
|Promo Code||None - Use Links|
|Legal States||NJ, IN, PA, WV|
|Last Updated||August 20, 2022|
The two other new player bonuses will require a deposit. Your risk-free bet is for your first wager only, with a minimum bet of $25. Unlike many other online sportsbooks, any losing wagers are refunded in cash (not betting credits).
Matched deposit bonuses will require a playthrough. You’ll need to make a first deposit of $2,500 to get the maximum amount.
DraftKings Sportsbook NFL / College Promos for December 2022
DraftKings is all about football, as the prolific season is gearing up and getting ready for the big Thanksgiving Day kickoff! It is an American tradition that adds a little something special to November. Here are three NFL/College Football Promos that you can look forward to throughout the Turkey and Touchdown month:
Always Scoring in Philadelphia
On Sunday, November 17th, sports fans can opt-in to bet on the Eagles to soar to victory and receive $6 for every touchdown they score. Here are the specific terms of the promotion:
- Opt-In and place a pre-game paid single Money Line bet on the Eagles to win
- Minimum $25 bet
- One eligible bet per week, your first Money Line bet on the Eagles is your qualifying bet
- Get $6 towards a Free Bet for every touchdown the Eagles score
- Excludes live bets, parlays, cash-out bets, free bets, voided bets and odds boost
- Free Bet issued the next business day (11/18)
Place a 5+ leg parlay on your favorite NFL/College Football team and get your bet back if you miss one leg!
Here are the specifics on the terms of the bet:
- Each leg must have minimum odds of -300 or greater (i.e. -250, +150, etc.)
- In-Event parlays (multiple legs from the same game) do not qualify
- If all legs of your parlay hit except 1, get your bet back as a Free Bet up to $25
- Each user is eligible to 4 refunds per day based on qualifying parlay settlement
- Free Bet issued every business day (Monday-Friday) after all parlay legs settle
The Philly Special
This promo is betting that the Philadelphia Eagles are going to serve up a Philly Special on Sunday that is one for the record books. Bet right along with DraftKings and predict it will be done with any Non QB to throw a TD pass at +4133.
Sports betting promotions at DraftKings Sportsbook
As DraftKings moves into more states, its size will see bigger and better promotions running.
An innovative promotion called, “DraftKings Pools,” is a contest where you pay to enter your picks for the entire day’s action. You’ll win big by getting every game right. Even better are the consolation prizes for getting the first, second and third incorrect. This promo has the excitement of a parlay, though without the all-or-nothing outcome.
Odds boosts are a standard format for DraftKings’ promotions. The book will pick one or two games and boost the odds if you pick the correct results.
We will find out whether DraftKings tailors these boosts to local teams in every state or stick to the biggest games.
Look out for other promotions, including parlay insurance, overtime insurance and refer-a-friend scheme.
DraftKings doesn’t offer any point collection or loyalty type programs.
Which states are DraftKings Sportsbooks active in?
Here is where the sportsbook stands in each state:
- DraftKings New Jersey: This was the first state to host live sports betting. The law was passed in 2017, and the overturning of PASPA was led by appeals from the Garden state. DraftKings partners with Resorts Casino in NJ. They have a sportsbook and an online casino. You can also visit the live, branded sportsbook at Resorts Atlantic City.
- DraftKings Pennsylvania: DraftKings is available in Pennsylvania yet. There was a delay between live sportsbooks and online sites/apps in PA with DraftKings going live in November.
- DraftKings West Virginia: The Mountain State passed legislation to regulate live betting in August 2018, with online betting following in September. DraftKings have a branded live book, which is at its license holding partner, Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races.
- DraftKings Indiana: DraftKings is live in Indiana as of Oct. 3. It is partners with Penn National Gambling, operators of racetracks and casinos in several states.
In addition to these live states, there are moves to regulate sports betting elsewhere.
That includes New Hampshire, which will offer legal sports betting via the state lottery. DraftKings landed that contract following a competitive bidding process, after which the New Hampshire Executive Council approved the partnership. As such, DraftKings will develop the online sports betting app for the lottery, though without the opportunity for the public to wager on state universities or on any college events staged in New Hampshire.
Is DraftKings legal in the US?
Yes, however, jurisdiction over legal sports betting is in the hands of individual states.
The key piece of federal legislation that prevented states from deciding their own policies on sports betting was known as the Professional and Amateur Sports Protection Act (PASPA) of 1992.
In May 2018, following a series of legal challenges, the Supreme Court overturned PASPA. This allowed states to introduce their own legislation covering online and live sports betting.
New Jersey was first, quickly followed by Pennsylvania.
Many more states are expected to follow.
To legally bet online at DraftKings in most states, you need to be at least 21 years or older.
The DraftKings online sportsbook only works within the borders of the regulated state. Geolocation technology will not allow you to deposit or place bets from outside those lines.
You don’t need to be a permanent resident of a state to place a bet.
Preview of the Mobile App
How to sign up for a DraftKings account
You can use this link to join DraftKings. You’ll be asked for the following information when you click “Register” at DraftKings.
This process is quick and easy; it only takes a few minutes before you are ready to deposit and bet.
You can link your DFS account to the sportsbook. To do this, you need to register for the sportsbook, then click a button to link the accounts. You still get to take advantage of those welcome bonus offers.
While it is possible to move money between your DFS account and the full sportsbook in some states, you will need to wager that DFS balance at least once first.
How to download the DraftKings sports betting app
If you visit the online sportsbook in your state via your mobile device, you will be prompted to download the DraftKings Sportsbook app.
This site provides an app for iOS devices, which piggybacks its existing DFS app. This workaround navigates the technical restrictions other books in newly regulated states are facing with iPhone and iPad users. You will find the DraftKings sports betting app in the Apple App Store.
An Android app is not available in the Google Play Store. Therefore, you must download the app directly from the DraftKings website. While this is perfectly safe, you will need to override warnings that your download is from an “unknown source.”
If you use your phone for most of your sports betting, then we recommend downloading the DraftKings app.
However, if you mainly bet via your computer, then the DraftKings website allows you to place bets, too. The site also works on mobile devices and it automatically adjusts to your screen size.
Navigating the DraftKings app and website
Key areas of the desktop website
With the distinctive dark gray and green design, the DraftKings website is noticeably cleaner looking than many state sportsbooks. While many books have a long list of sports on the left, DraftKings has added these to the top menu bar. In-season sports are highlighted, with many more via the “Sports A-Z” link.
Here are the key areas:
- Account Options: You’ll see a bright green “Register” button on the top left. There is also a “Log-In Here.” If you are logged in already, this gets replaced by links to your account and the cashier link. The site also highlights responsible gambling via a badge on the top left.
- Top Level Options: You’ll find a toggle between DFS (where available) and sports betting on the top left. Under this is a significant menu, which gives you the homepage (all sporting events), “My Bets” (history and current live wagers), “Live Betting,” “Promos” and “Help.” In states that allow it, a link to the casino games.
- Sport Options: The next menu changes depending on where you are. From the homepage, you will see a list of in-season sports. Clicking any of these will give you more navigation options for pro and college leagues, futures, prop bets and more.
- List of Matches: As you drill down to the sports level, a list of current games appears in the more extensive section below the menus. You will see the spreads, totals and moneylines as the default. You can click to view the full list of bets. Note that on busy game days, finding your team via the search filter is an easier route.
- Bet Slip: The bet slip is in the narrow column on the right-hand side of the DraftKings.com website. It is divided into singles, parlays and round robins. You select bets from the main section by clicking on them, and you can then remove any you don’t want with a single click. Once you organize your selections, add the bet amount and confirm everything is in order, then you can click the big, green “Place Bet” button.
- Help and Contact: You’ll find a list of useful links in the website footer. These include those all-important terms and conditions, a link to the FAQ and the “Contact Us” page.
Layout differences on the DraftKings betting app
With less space available, DraftKings has done an excellent job of keeping all the information only a couple of clicks or swipes away.
The bet slip stays hidden on the app until you need it. You can access this through the menu bar bottom.
This menu at the bottom of the screen on the app stays in place as you navigate. This feature allows you to get back to the main areas with a single click.
The menu options are:
- In-Game (live betting)
- My Bets (bet slip)
- A-Z Sports
Current major sports have white buttons, which helps them stand out on smaller screens.
Live (in-play) betting at DraftKings
Live betting opens a new type of betting in the states where DraftKings operate.
The idea is that you bet on games that are already underway.
You can do this while watching the game, as the odds change instantly, based on the action. You place bets in the same way you always do, though you might have to be fast because the action could shift again.
If you have not yet experienced this format, you’ll be surprised how betting in real-time can add to the excitement of watching a game.
What sports are available at DraftKings?
Individual states have individual rules about sports that are excluded from betting apps. That said, the pro leagues and popular individual sporting contests, like golf and tennis, are available everywhere.
You will also find international sports to bet on, with soccer being the most popular.
DraftKings doesn’t drill as deep into the niche or regional sports as some online sportsbooks, though it has excellent coverage of the major betting markets.
- Pro Leagues: Most bets will go on the pro leagues, with NFL, NBA, NHL and MLB covered in-depth. You’ll be able to drill down into smaller pro leagues and bet on college games. Where available, international leagues (for example, the EuroLeague) are also an option.
- Soccer: English Premiership, Champions League, European country leagues and the World Cup Euro Championship are all popular markets. You can also wager on MLS games. You’ll find leagues and cup contests from every part of the world.
- Other Popular Sports: Individual sports including golf (Masters and PGA tour), tennis and boxing are popular at DraftKings. You’ll find good coverage of MMA, motor racing and more.
- Niche or Region-Specific Sports: Markets for cricket and rugby are available, with regional games including Aussie rules football also spread.
How to bet at DraftKings online sportsbook
Once you join DraftKings you’ll have the option to bet on a single game, add multiple games into parlays or teasers, or even wager on the performance of an individual player. Many betting options (props and period betting, in particular) are sport-specific.
Below is a list of the main types of bets you can place on most sports. We cover live (in-play) betting in a separate section.
- Moneyline: This is the standard single bet. DraftKings will offer odds for each team (and draws where that is possible). These are based on a $100 bet, with negative odds showing how much you’ll need to wager to win $100. There is no need to bet in $100 units; this amount is used only to simplify the math.
- Spreads: Here, the perceived chances of each team are shown with points or goals boost to the underdog. This is expressed with 0.5 at the end, to ensure that the spread does not create an unlikely tie.
- Totals: Points or goals for both teams combined is the standard. Totals for different periods of a match are available and depend on the format of the games.
- Parlays: If you’re looking for a big win from a small investment, parlays are popular. Linking multiple games on the same bet slip with the profit from each going to the next game is risky, though the rewards can be significant if all your selections win.
- Teasers: This is a form of a parlay that has some flexibility. Teasers use spreads to give you a better shot at winning. Keep in mind that the returns will be lower when compared to using straight wins.
- Round Robins: This multiple-selections bet works differently to regular parlays. You pick teams that all play each other in different combinations. One team losing might stop the matches (and multiples) with them involved from paying, though there are still other combinations that can win.
- Futures: Many bets can be made long before the game happens. Examples are conference or playoff winners, or season-long player bets.
- Props: This stands for proposition bets, which involve wagers on the performance of individual players. Yards rushed, points scored, or strike-outs are examples.
How to deposit at DraftKings Sportsbook
Once you have registered, your next step is to fund your account. There is a comprehensive set of deposit options available at most state-regulated sportsbooks.
While you might find small differences, depending on the individual statues in each state, the list of banking options will likely include the following:
Cash at the Casino: If your local live DraftKings Sportsbook or sponsoring casino is nearby, you can bring cash to the cage along with your ID and account details.
- DraftKings Sportsbook WV: Cash deposits and withdrawals are available at the Hollywood Casino and Sportsbook, 750 Hollywood Drive, Charles Town, WV 25414
- DraftKings Sportsbook IN: Cash deposits and withdrawals are available at Ameristar Casino and Hotel, 777 Ameristar Blvd., East Chicago, IN 46312
- DraftKings Sportsbook NJ: Cash deposits and withdrawals available at Resorts Casino AC, 1133 Boardwalk, Atlantic City, NJ
- DraftKings Sportsbook PA: Cash deposits and withdrawals available at 210 Racetrack Rd, Washington, PA
Credit Cards or Debit Cards: This is the fastest deposit option, though limited for withdrawals. You can use Visa and Mastercard at DraftKings. You can apply for a Play+ prepaid debit card, which you can use for deposits and withdrawals.
ACH Transfers: This is a popular bank transfer option. It is just like writing a check but in an electronic form. If you get verified by a third party (VIP Preferred), then you can use e-checks, aka ACH transfers, for deposits and withdrawals.
Bill Pay: The use of bill pay is state-specific and only available from banks that participate in this scheme. You can deposit at DraftKings in the same way you would pay a utility bill.
PayPal, Skrill or Neteller: These are similar third-party services that provide online wallet accounts that you can use for both deposits and withdrawals.
PayNearMe: This option involves taking cash to your local 7-Eleven store. Similar services at other convenience store chains may be available in some states.
Bank Wire or Money Order: Larger deposits can use these slower and more traditional methods.
Wrapping up: DraftKings Sportsbook
With legislation for online sports betting gaining momentum, we could see many other states hosting DraftKings in the near future.
Not only does this brand have years of domestic experience via its DFS site, but its owners are global sports betting powerhouses. You should expect DraftKings to be looking for a local partner as soon as the legislation passes in your state, and becoming among the first sports betting books online.
With some generous welcome bonuses, including free bets, you should take a look at the apps and website as soon as you can. Unique betting pools, live and cash-out betting and thousands of lines will give you a live sportsbook experience, all from an easy-to-use app.
DraftKings WV FAQ
Yes. In most states, DraftKings is partnering with an established casino company to bring online sports betting to players.
For example, West Virginia legalized online sports betting in 2018, and DraftKings is operating in partnership with one of West Virginia’s licensed casinos to offer online sports betting.
That means that betting on sports at DraftKings is 100% legal and regulated by the state.
DraftKings is also legal in the following states:
- New Jersey
The list of states where DraftKings sportsbook is legal is growing by the day.
In addition to betting on sports online at DraftKings from West Virginia, you can also bet online legally at DraftKings sportsbooks from a number of other states, including Indiana and New Jersey.
You can play at DraftKings’ online sportsbook using your computer or any mobile device.
To sign up and start betting, simply use this link to visit DraftKings and you’ll be taken to the right page to download the app of software that you need.
You can use a variety of methods to deposit at DraftKings’ online sportsbook.
Some of the most popular methods include PayPal and certain bank cards. You’re also able to make an electronic bank transfer to get funds directly into your account.
Absolutely. DraftKings’ online sports betting software is regulated by the same agencies that oversee casinos in West Virginia, Indiana, and the other states where DraftKings operates an online sportsbook.
That means you won’t have to worry about fairness or getting paid when you win, which gives legal sportsbooks like DraftKings a significant advantage over illegal bookmakers.