TwinSpires no longer operates online sportsbooks or online casinos. TwinSpires does have an online racebook for horse racing. Here are online sportsbooks that you can sign up with today:
TwinSpires Sports is owned by Churchill Downs, with a name inspired by the famed twin spires at the legendary venue of the Kentucky Derby.
At this time, bettors in Pennsylvania, Indiana, Arizona, Michigan, Colorado, Tennessee and New Jersey can bet with TwinSpires. We expect other states to be launching in the near future as well.
For new users, the sportsbook has a welcome offer of a protected bet for as much as $1,000. This page will go over the details for that and other promotions, as well as how to sign up, make deposits, request withdrawals and place bets.
TwinSpires sports betting offer code for 2023
To claim the TwinSpires Sports welcome bonus, create an account as a new player, but you do not need a TwinSpires Sportsbook bonus code.
|TwinSpires Sportsbook Offer Code||None|
|Welcome Bonus||Up to $1,000|
|Legal States||No longer active|
|Last Updated||March 2023|
How does the TwinSpires Sportsbook welcome bonus work?
Once you’ve registered for an account and entered the offer code, make a cash deposit and place a real money bet that will settle within seven days. There are no odds restrictions for the bet, but wagers with odds boosts or profit boosts are not eligible.
If your wager loses, TwinSpires Sportsbook will issue a refund for the amount of the bet as a bonus bet within three days, though typically sooner. You then have one week to use that bonus bet before it expires.
What do I need to know about bonus bets at TwinSpires Sports?
The main thing to be aware of when it comes to bonus bets is that you do not receive the value of the bet back if your bet wins.
For instance, if you placed a $500 cash bet with +100 odds and won, you would get $1,000 back in your account — your $500 bet plus $500 in winnings. If you made the same wager with a bonus bet, you would receive only $500 in return — just the winnings.
Thus, if your initial bet loses, you would need to win a wager with odds of +100 to simply break even.
Rating the TwinSpires welcome bonus
We consider TwinSpires’ welcome offer to be a good one for new users. While many oddsmakers have similar offers, you’ll find odds limits for most of them. The fact that TwinSpires does not restrict the odds for your insured wager or your bonus bet wager is a point in its favor.
Terms and conditions apply to all offers. Please see TwinSpires Sportsbook for details. 21+ Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER+
How to sign up for a TwinSpires Sportsbook account
To sign up with TwinSpires Sports, head to the sportsbook website and select the state where you’re located (or will be doing the majority of your betting). That will open the TwinSpires registration form, where you’ll need to enter the following details:
- First and last name
- Home address
- Phone number
- Social Security number (last four digits)
TwinSpires also requires that you pick two security questions from a list and provide the answers for both. You also need to come up with a password and username. After verifying that you’re 21 or older, that the info you supplied is true and that you’re not banned from having a sportsbook account, you’ll click “Join” and be all set to go.
In which states is TwinSpires Sports legal?
Here are the five states where TwinSpires is licensed and available:
- Colorado: TwinSpires is partnered with Bronco Billy’s Casino in Cripple Creek, where you can bet at the TwinSpires retail sportsbook. Colorado sports betting does not allow prop bets on college sports, but you can bet on NCAA teams based in the state.
- Indiana: Rising Star Casino Resort in Rising Sun is the land-based casino partner for TwinSpires in the Hoosier State, and there is a retail sportsbook at that casino. It’s legal to bet on Indiana-based colleges and universities. The only limitation is that all participants must be 18 years old at a minimum to bet on sports in Indiana.
- Michigan: TwinSpires joined with Island Resort & Casino in Harris in order to launch its online sportsbook in Michigan. There are sports betting kiosks at the casino, and you can place bets in person at the cashier. Michigan sports betting does not allow props and live bets for college games, but betting on in-state NCAA teams is OK.
- Pennsylvania: Presque Isle Downs & Casino, located in Erie, and TwinSpires are partners in Pennsylvania. On top of 25 betting kiosks inside the sportsbook at Presque Isle Downs, there are an additional 25 self-betting kiosks spread across the casino floor. While you can wager in PA on local college teams, betting on non-sporting events (Oscars, Grammys, NFL draft, etc.) is prohibited in the Keystone State.
- Tennessee: TwinSpires does not have a land-based casino partner in the Volunteer State because sports betting in Tennessee is online-only. Once again, you can wager on Tennessee-based NCAA teams, but the state does not allow live college prop bets or prop betting on individual college athletes.
- Arizona: TwinSpires Sportsbook Arizona debuted in September 2021 thanks to a partnership with the Tonto Apache Tribe which owns and operates the Mazatzal Hotel & Casino. In addition to the online sportsbook, you also can wager in person at the Mazatzal Hotel & Casino’s retail TwinSpires Sportsbook.
- New Jersey: TwinSpires New Jersey debuted in December 2021. TwinSpires is partnered with Golden Nugget Casino in Atlantic City.
How to download the TwinSpires sportsbook app
TwinSpires’ app is available for Android and Apple products. To download it, head to the bottom of the sportsbook website via mobile browser. You’ll see two buttons: “Download on the App Store” and “Get it on Google Play.” Click on the appropriate one based on your device, and follow any additional prompts to download and install the app. From beginning to end, the process shouldn’t take more than a minute or two.
Navigating the TwinSpires sportsbook
Maneuvering around on both the TwinSpires app and website is fairly straightforward, and it does not take long to get the hang of. Somewhat surprisingly, our biggest issue was locating the promotions page.
On both the app and website, you have to click on the TwinSpires logo (upper left) and then scroll down to where you’ll finally see a “Promotions” header. And even then, some of the promos from the main page did not appear on the promotions page.
- Your account: As is generally the case, the account section (click on your username) offers a variety of options for account management. There are links for depositing and withdrawing money, changing your preferences, contacting customer support, responsible gambling and logging out of your account.
- Promotions page: As we mentioned above, locating the promotions page is a bit of a hassle. But the biggest problem is not showing all the ongoing bonus offers. For this reason, we suggest checking the scrollable marquee on the homepage for bonuses and then checking the promotions page, as well. Pretty much all of the TwinSpires promotions require you to opt in. To do so, you have to click on each offer individually and then click on the red opt-in button.
- Bet slip: The TwinSpires bet slip is uncomplicated to use and comparable to what you’ll find at most other online sportsbooks. Odds clearly display along with your total stake and potential total payout. Note that TwinSpires uses the terms combination bet and system bet rather than parlay and round robin.
- Sports options: The most popular sports to bet on appear first along the left side of the webpage. Below that you’ll find a listing of all the options. On the app, you’ll find the same listing across the top of the screen.
- Customer support: TwinSpires offers 24/7 live chat with a sportsbook representative. You also have the option of calling (877-774-7371), but that is only available between 9 a.m. and 2 a.m. Eastern Time. Additionally, you can email TwinSpires at [email protected]. Lastly, you can check out the FAQ page and look for a solution on your own.
Layout differences on the TwinSpires app
On a whole, the differences in layout from the TwinSpires website to app, be it on smartphone or tablet, are extremely minimal. You will see listings along the right and left sides of the page when you’re using the website that do not exist on the apps. Instead, the same information is generally available across the top or bottom of the screen.
The sportsbook does this out of necessity since the screen sizes are much smaller when using the app. Overall, we have found that switching between TwinSpires’ website and app is extremely easy and do not believe you will have many, if any, problems.
Live betting at TwinSpires online sportsbook
With live betting, you get the chance to bet in real time on games as they are playing out. Odds change rapidly, and at times by large margins, mostly when game-changing plays occur.
At TwinSpires Sports, you’ll select the “Live” tab (located along the left side of the website and across the bottom of the app) to view the current live events on which you can bet. You can sort by sport, and when you find a game you want to wager on, simply click it and all the wagering choices will appear.
You also will see a video animation of the game that includes stats. You’ll find updated lines for typical betting options (moneylines, spreads, totals), and for some games where you also can bet on what is going to happen on the next play or even the next pitch for baseball.
The one thing we can’t stress enough is making sure you’re watching an up-to-the-second feed of the game on which you’re betting. It’s not unusual for a game to be 30 seconds to a minute behind if you’re streaming it. To check, just compare what’s going on in the animation to what you’re watching on your TV/phone/tablet/computer.
Sports you can bet on at TwinSpires
At TwinSpires Sports, you can bet on all the top US sports leagues and competitions: NFL, NBA, MLB, UFC, NHL, PGA Tour, MLS, WNBA, NASCAR, college basketball and college football.
TwinSpires Sportsbook also has bets on sports and leagues outside the US. Some of the most popular are for international soccer like the EPL, UCL, La Liga and Bundesliga. Depending on the laws in your state, you also may be able to wager on the Olympics at TwinSpires. And you can always click on the “All Sports” tab to view each sport that you can bet on.
How to bet at TwinSpires online sportsbook
Here are the betting options at TwinSpires Sports:
- Moneyline: Place a bet on the side you think will win, no spread involved. Odds of -375 mean you would need to wager $375 to make a profit of $100. Odds of +375, meanwhile, mean that if you bet $100 you could make a profit of $375.
- Spreads: When you bet against the spread, you must take the margin of victory into account. If the team you bet on is favored at -6.5, that means it needs to win by seven or more. By contrast, an underdog at +6.5 can win by any score or lose by six or fewer for bets on that team to win.
- Over/unders: These bets, aka totals, are wagers on the total points by both teams in a game. The sportsbook will set a line, and you bet whether the actual total will be over or under that line.
- Props: Prop bets can be a lot of fun, especially if you don’t want to bet on overall game results. With props, you simply bet on whether certain events will happen during games — like a player to score a touchdown, a team to be shut out or a game to go to overtime.
- Parlays: Combine two or more bets together as a single wager. Joining bets together allows you to win more money, but you only win if each individual selection is correct. TwinSpires calls these combination bets.
- Round robins: These wagers appear under the “System” header in your TwinSpires betting slip. These are similar to parlays in that you are making multiple bets, but with these you can still win some money if you aren’t quite perfect with your picks.
- Futures: Place bets on season-long outcomes. For example, you can bet on which team will win the Super Bowl at TwinSpires before the NFL season even starts.
How to deposit at TwinSpires Sports Betting
TwinSpires has a great set of options for making deposits and withdrawals. Here are the choices for depositing:
|Deposit Method||Minimum Amount||Processing Time|
|Online Bank Transfer||$10||Instant|
(Visa or Mastercard)
|Prepaid Play+ Card||$1||Instant|
|Physical check||$10||5-7 Days Minimum|
Note: If you choose to send a check, it must be a cashier check, money order or personal check from a US bank. You can mail it to PO Box 8510, Lexington, KY 40533. You also need to print your TwinSpires username on the back.
|Withdrawal Method||Minimum Amount||Processing Time|
|Online Bank Transfer||No minimum||2-5 Days|
|PayPal||No minimum||1-2 Days|
|ACH (e-check)||No minimum||1-2 Days|
|Prepaid Play+ Card||No minimum||1-2 Days|
|Physical check||$10||5-7 Days Minimum|
In states where TwinSpires has retail sportsbooks, you can deposit and withdraw funds from the cashier at those locations. We recommend checking with a customer service rep to be sure you have all the required info (ID, passwords, etc.) before going to the retail location.
Wrapping up: TwinSpires Sports
Overall, TwinSpires is a solid online sportsbook. The protected first bet of up to $1,000 is a very good offer, as long as you understand you do not simply receive cash back if your wager loses. We also like the numerous options you have when it comes to depositing and cashing out at TwinSpires.
One of the biggest things missing from TwinSpires is the ability to place single-game parlays on popular leagues. This could be a bit of a letdown if that’s something you’re interested in. If not, TwinSpires has pretty much everything else you could want from an online sportsbook.
TwinSpires Sportsbook FAQ
Can I bet on the Kentucky Derby using TwinSpires Sports?
No, at this time you need to have a separate account with TwinSpires Racebook. Regulatory requirements prevent you from being able to bet on horse racing through the TwinSpires sportsbook.
This works similarly to TwinSpires Online Casino, where players also need a separate account to play. However, it’s currently only offered in three states.
What is the TwinSpires bonus code?
You do not need a TwinSpires Sportsbook promo code when you open a new account.
How old do I have to be to bet on sports with the TwinSpires app?
Age limits vary by state, but in all the states where TwinSpires is legal so far, the minimum sports betting age is 21.
Can I bet on college sports using the TwinSpires sportsbook app?
Yes, TwinSpires offers betting on NCAA football and basketball. In addition, the five states in which TwinSpires is operational all allow you to bet on in-state college teams. Though if TwinSpires expands to New Jersey, you won’t be able to bet on in-state college teams there.
What is the fastest way to cash out at TwinSpires Sportsbook?
PayPal, an e-check or a prepaid card will all take one to two days. See above for a full list of banking options.
Does TwinSpires offer odds boosts or let you cash out early?
TwinSpires offers both. Odds boosts are available under the “Super Odds” heading, limited to $50 wagers. If a bet qualifies for early cash-out, you will see a green “CASH OUT” box appear between your stake and potential payout.