Caesars Southern Indiana
Caesars Southern Indiana is a $90 million land-based incarnation of the former Horseshoe Southern Indiana, the Glory of Rome, a riverboat casino that served as the premier gambling destination in the southern part of the state for 20 years. In 2021, the Eastern Band of Cherokee Indians’ EBCI Holdings company acquired the casino from Caesars Entertainment for $250 million, in the company’s first acquisition outside of North Carolina.
Caesars Southern Indiana is now a 110,000-square-foot property located in the community of Elizabeth, Indiana, some 20 minutes from downtown Louisville, Kentucky. It features over 1,100 slots, 70 table games, live poker and both a retail and an online Caesars Sportsbook.
Caesars Southern Indiana will also serve as the in-state partner for Betr, a micro-betting platform that aims to offer thousands of bets on in-game events. Following regulatory approval, Betr and Caesars Southern Indiana will launch the product in the Hoosier State.
The Caesars venue also includes accommodations with more than 500 hotel rooms, upscale dining, and entertainment. All visitors must be 21 or older to gamble at Caesars Southern Indiana.
Caesars Southern Indiana details
- Name: Caesars Southern Indiana Casino
- Address: 11999 Casino Center Drive, Elizabeth, IN 47117
- Phone number: 866-676-7463
- Hours of operation: 24/7
- Available games: 1,100+ slot machines, 70 table games, retail and online sportsbook
Caesars Southern Indiana gaming specs
|Caesars Southern Indiana
|Blackjack, Blackjack Blazing 7’s, Blackjack Twenty-One + 3
|16 live poker tables
|Caesars retail sportsbook; Caesars online sportsbook
|Live keno is not available
|Yes, available via the Caesars Rewards loyalty program and ongoing promotions
|Available in certain casino areas
|Aroma Café & Bar, The Piazza, Gordon Ramsay Steak
|Volt Lounge & Bar, Juno Bar
Caesars Southern Indiana slot machines
Caesars Southern Indiana Casino offers more than 1,100 traditional reel and video slot machines in denominations ranging from one cent to $100, the latter being reserved for the high-limit room, where you can find slots with betting ranges from $1 to $100.
The Caesars Southern Indiana slots lineup features some of the hottest real money titles around, including the following:
- Chili Chili Fire — This five-reel, 30-payline slot from Konami celebrates the history and culture of Mexico and the Aztec civilization. The symbols of guitars, gold treasure, and blue peacocks form the winning combos on the grid. The game’s most important features include the “fade away,” which triggers randomly and replaces low-paying symbols with higher-paying ones. Also, with the chili pepper scatter symbols, you can trigger up to 25 free spins. The game’s max return-to-player rate is 96.09%.
- Lightning Link — The Lightning Link series revolutionized the gameplay experience through its hold and spin feature that allows players to win the amount of the progressive jackpot multiple times over. So far, Aristocrat has released up to 16 games under the Lightning Link brand.
- Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory — The Willy Wonka slot machine is based on Gene Wilder’s movie version of Roald Dahl’s famous book. The game from Light & Wonder, formerly Scientific Games, uses a five-by-four grid with 40 paylines and features pick bonuses, free spins and a special chocolate river bonus where you sail down a virtual chocolate river to win cash prizes.
- Dean Martin’s Wild Party Progressive — Wild Party is a progressive jackpot slot that still holds the record for the biggest jackpot paid in Southern Indiana, $690K. It’s a 60-payline game that, in addition to a progressive jackpot, offers 20 free spins for matching four symbols on the grid.
- American Bison — American Bison uses a five-by-four grid with America’s wild animals of the prairie as its main symbols. Aside from cougars, bison, and foxes, wild symbols also appear on the reels and can randomly activate a 2x or 3x multiplier. Landing five or more jackpot wheel symbols will trigger a bonus spin on the prize wheel and bring free spins, credits, or a chance to win the progressive jackpot.
Caesars Southern Indiana table games
Caesars Southern Indiana hosts 73 table games on the casino floor, with one of the broadest game selections in the state, including the following options:
Blackjack is among the most numerous games on the floor, with table limits from $5 to $500. The high-limit gaming room, located next to the Laurel Lounge, has five-spot blackjack tables for real money where the limits can go up to $25,000.
Does Caesars Southern Indiana offer a poker room?
Yes, it has a live poker room with 16 tables hosting various poker games, from No Limit Texas Hold’em to seven card stud. Tables for daily cash games can hold up to eight players, but for tournaments, they transform into 10-handed tables. The Caesars Southern Indiana poker room is open from 9 a.m. to 5 a.m. daily.
Does Caesars Southern Indiana offer an online casino?
Given that online casino gambling is not legal in the state, Caesars Southern Indiana doesn’t have an online skin available. In 2021, state Sen. Jon Ford introduced SB 417 to allow online casino gambling, but the bill didn’t get legislative support. Another push for the legalization of online casinos in Indiana came in 2022 with HB 1337 and HB 1356, from Rep. Alan Morrison and Reps. Doug Gutwein and Ethan Manning, respectively.
Should a future effort to legalize online casinos in Indiana succeed, Caesars online casino already operates legally in a handful of states, and it would almost certainly seek to launch in the Hoosier State.
Does Caesars Southern Indiana offer an online sportsbook?
The Caesars online sportsbook is available in Indiana, although the online skin is via Horseshoe Hammond Casino, not Caesars Southern Indiana.
Caesars Southern Indiana is home to a Caesars retail sportsbook that opened in 2019. The sportsbook features 30 HDTVs, live betting windows, and several betting kiosks. Moreover, the company is partnering with the direct-to-consumer micro sports betting site Betr, following regulatory approval.
Caesars Southern Indiana rewards program
Caesars Southern Indiana participates in the Caesars Rewards loyalty program, one of the top such options in the industry. It’s a six-tier program where each tier offers a chance at bigger prizes, including free play, free bets at the Caesars Sportsbook, complimentary stays in hotels, discounts at restaurants, access to private lounges, and more.
Here’s the overview of the levels of the rewards program:
- Gold — 0 to 4,999 tier credits
- Platinum — 5,000 to 14,999 tier credits
- Diamond — 15,000 to 24,999 tier credits
- Diamond Plus — 25,000 to 74,999 tier credits
- Diamond Elite — 75,000 to 149,999 tier credits
- Seven Stars — 150,000+ tier credits
The rate you accumulate tier credits depends on your gameplay and hotel, dining, and entertainment activities at any of around 50 Caesars Rewards destinations. Your tier depends on the credits you earn over a single calendar year.
How do you earn points at Caesars Southern Indiana?
You accrue reward credits as well as tier credits based on your bet levels, the length of time you spend betting at table games, and the entertainment and hospitality activities you engage in at Caesars Southern Indiana Casino. For example, you can earn one reward credit and one tier credit for every $5 you wager on slots or $10 on video poker. For table games, the rates depend on the type of game you are playing, your average bet size, and how long you play the game.
Can you get free play at Caesars Southern Indiana Casino?
Caesars Southern Indiana allows you to redeem 200 reward credits for $1 in free play at any Caesars Rewards casino property. You can also earn free play through daily and weekly promotions at the casino.
All Indiana casino reviews
Caesars Southern Indiana history and current owners
Caesars Southern Indiana opened in 1998 as Horseshoe Southern Indiana. Then-owner Caesars Entertainment rebranded the casino as Caesars Southern Indiana following a $90 million construction project in 2019 that saw the addition of a retail sportsbook and its transition from a riverboat casino to a land-based facility.
After Caesars Entertainment’s $17.3 billion merger with Eldorado Resorts in 2020, Caesars had to sell the property. The Eastern Band of Cherokee Indians’ commercial gambling company, EBCI Holdings, received the green light from the Indiana Gaming Commission to finalize the purchase of Caesars Southern Indiana for $250 million, which marked the company’s first purchase outside of North Carolina.
Under the acquisition agreement, EBCI Holdings entered into a triple-net lease with a subsidiary of Vici Properties for the real estate property.
Caesars Southern Indiana is owned by EBCI Holdings, a gambling company established by the Eastern Band of Cherokee Indians.
According to Indiana law, Caesars Southern Indiana cannot offer complimentary alcoholic beverages. Free water and nonalcoholic drinks are available.
You need to be at least 21 to play at Caesars Southern Indiana.
Caesars Southern Indiana permits smoking in some areas. It also has a nonsmoking area.
The blackjack table limits on the main casino floor go from $5 to $500. The high-limit area features blackjack tables for high rollers with betting limits that can reach $25,000.
The Eastern Band of Cherokee Indians owns Caesars Southern Indiana through its EBCI Holdings company.
There are over 1,100 slot machines at Caesars Southern Indiana.