Horseshoe Hammond is the biggest casino in Indiana. It’s owned by Vici Properties and operated by Caesars Entertainment. It’s also one of the Midwest’s top destinations for live poker. The venerable poker room features a 34-table spread and is a regular stop for the World Series of Poker Circuit.
The venue is located at the Hammond Marina, 20 minutes from downtown Chicago. You can access it from Indiana via Exit 0 or from Illinois via Exit 107 on I-90.
Horseshoe Casino Hammond has undergone several structural changes since its establishment in 1996. At present, it contains 350,000 square feet of gaming space, plus an additional 50,000 square feet of entertainment space.
With more than 3,000 slot machines and 100 table games, Horseshoe Hammond has the most diverse game selection among Indiana casinos. For high rollers, there are $1,000 nosebleed slots in the high-stakes lounge and Mini Baccarat tables with $100k maximums. Also, you can find a Caesars Sportsbook on the casino floor. Caesars’ racebook and sports betting app are available for Horseshoe Casino Hammond patrons and elsewhere in Indiana.
You must be 21 or older to enter Horseshoe Casino Hammond. Both gambling activities and event attendance are subject to this age requirement.
Horseshoe Hammond details
- Name: Horseshoe Hammond
- Address: 777 Casino Center Dr, Hammond, IN 46320, United States
- Phone number: +1 219-473-7000
- Hours of operation: 24/7
- Games available: 3,000+ slot machines, 100+ table games, 34-table poker room, Caesars retail sportsbook and racebook, Caesars’ sportsbook and horse betting app
Horseshoe Hammond games & facilities
|Horseshoe Hammond Casino
|30+ tables (standard variations + spin-offs like Spanish 21 and Double Deck); several side bets available (21+3, King’s Bounty, and Three Card)
|34-table poker room; No Limit Hold’em and Pot Limit Omaha cash games; minor daily and weekly tournaments + flagship events like WSOP Chicago Regional and Chicago Poker Classic
|Caesars race and sportsbook onsite; Caesars online betting platform
|Yes, available via Caesars Rewards loyalty program and ongoing promotions
|Allowed in designated areas
|Jack Binion’s Steak, Foo Noodle Bar Restaurant, the Eatery
|Push Lounge, Sixth Street Bar
|No hotel on the property
Horseshoe Hammond slot machines
There is very little lacking within Horseshoe Hammond casino’s extensive slots portfolio. A total of 3,000 slot machines are on display in the lobby — far more than at any other casino in Indiana.
A major highlight of all Horseshoe properties across the nation is their high betting limits. Hammond’s casino is a perfect example, as players can choose from slot machines with $1,000 denominations. On the other hand, there are over a thousand penny slots available, as well as a wide range of denominations between these two ends of the spectrum.
The slots offering is a nice blend of timeless classics and modern slots with interactive bonus elements and advanced multimedia. Here are some of the most prominent real money titles from the mix:
- Buffalo Diamond — This modern Aristocrat slot features a quirky 4-5-6-5-4 grid layout. It uses the provider’s signature Reel Power engine, offering as many as 2,400 ways to win per spin. The game’s highlight is the must-hit-by progressive jackpot, which grows incrementally with each wager. Players can benefit from features like free spins, multipliers, and a wheel bonus.
- Tiger Treasures — This 5×3 slot from Bally has a wildlife theme and a huge payout potential of 30,000x the stake. This huge payoff can be achieved in the bonus round, which comprises free spins and wild multipliers.
- Dragon Link — This Aristocrat slot cabinet is made up of several titles, with a follow-up to the iconic Lightning Link game renowned for its Hold & Spin The games have different themes, but all share the same configuration of 5×3 reels. There is also a common denominator of the four progressive jackpots, all of which hit at random.
Horseshoe Hammond table games
Craps, blackjack, roulette, and baccarat are just some of the fan favorites among Hammond’s 100+ table games. The Asian Gaming Area offers several baccarat variations, including Mini Baccarat Dragon Bonus and EZ Baccarat.
The Horseshoe Hammond offers the highest table limits in Indiana, along with favorable odds (see 100x craps). Some of the table game types available are listed below, with additional information about betting limits:
- Blackjack — 30+ tables; $10 minimums ($5 occasionally offered); the standard version available plus iterations like Spanish 21 and Double Deck Blackjack; players at several tables are in the running for the Blazing 7s progressive jackpot
- Roulette — 10 live tables + two electronic roulette options; only American Roulette available with a double zero layout and 5.26% house edge
- Baccarat — 25 Mini Baccarat tables with $10 minimums; maximums go up to $100,000; several side bets available, including 99 Fortunes, Dragon, Tie, and Panda
- Craps — 9 craps tables; 100x odds available
- Pai Gow Poker
- Three Card Poker
- Mississippi Stud
- Ultimate Texas Hold’em
- High Card Flush
Does Horseshoe Hammond offer a poker room?
Horseshoe Hammond is home to one of the most renowned poker rooms in the country. Casual and mid-stake players will find plenty of ring action at the $1-$2 No Limit Hold’em and Omaha tables. The venue runs several weekly guarantees with $5,000 to $10,000 in prize money.
Benny’s Back Room is a good choice for those that prefer playing in a quaint setting, as this private lounge mainly runs high-stakes games on demand.
You can keep track of the upcoming tournaments and promotions at Horseshoe Hammond via the Bravo Poker Live app. Plus, the WSOP Circuit makes regular stops at Horseshoe Hammond.
Does Horseshoe Hammond offer an online casino?
Currently, Indiana does not have an online casino market. The Hoosier State may join the online betting bandwagon in 2023, forecasters say. A study released in 2022 estimates that Indiana could earn $943 million in taxes from iGaming over three years. Given the market potential, lawmakers will probably seriously consider legalizing online casinos in the next legislative session. Since Caesars is the state’s largest gambling operator, it would be in a prime position to lead.
Does Horseshoe Hammond offer an online sportsbook?
During the state’s legalization of sports betting in 2019, Horseshoe Hammond received a temporary certificate (later upgraded to a permanent one) from the Indiana Gaming Commission. In May of the following year, Caesars launched an online sportsbook via its Hammond license.
Powered by Scientific Games, Caesars’ online sportsbook offers the second-most competitive welcome bonus in the US — up to $1,000 in risk-free bets. Not least of all because of its extensive market coverage and competitive odds, the app consistently ranks as one of the best in the business.
Horseshoe Hammond rewards program
At Horseshoe Hammond, players can participate in Caesars Rewards—the world’s largest gambling loyalty program with 65 million members. You can gain access to a host of perks through the program, including:
- Free play at slots and table games
- Credits for poker play on WSOP
- Discounted hotel stays at Caesars properties nationwide
- Celebration dinners
- Shopping benefits (discounts at gift shops)
- Pre-sale tickets for select shows
- Complimentary valet parking
- Monthly free bet through the Caesars Online Sportsbook
How do you earn points at Horseshoe Hammond?
You can earn Reward Credits (Caesars Rewards loyalty points) in a number of ways:
- Everyday purchases at Caesars facilities (5 Reward Credits for $1 spent at casinos; 2 Reward Credits for $1 spent on airlines and groceries; 10,000 for using Caesars Rewards Visa Card)
- Completing surveys
- Purchasing tickets
- Purchasing virtual coins at Caesars social platforms
- For online wagers
- For making purchases online at Caesars retailers
Can I get free play at Horseshoe Hammond?
Yes, you can exchange your Reward Credits for free play at slot machines at a rate of 200 RCs = $1 of free play. You can also obtain free play through regular promotions at the casino.
All Indiana casino reviews
Horseshoe Hammond history and current owners
The first iteration of the Horseshoe Casino in Hammond opened in 1996. It was then a much smaller riverboat casino (54,000 square feet) called Empress Casino. Horseshoe Gaming Holding Corporation bought the venue in 1999 and rebranded it to Horseshoe Casino Hammond in 2001.
Harrah’s Entertainment (now Caesars Entertainment) bought the property in 2004. Four years later, the complex underwent a $485 million expansion and was reinstated to a larger vessel. The construction of the current facility was completed in 2008.
Horseshoe Hammond is owned by Vici Properties and operated by Caesars Entertainment.
No, Horseshoe Hammond doesn’t currently offer free drinks to players.
You must be 21 or over to enter Horseshoe Casino in Hammond.
Smoking is allowed at Horseshoe Hammond, but only in designated locations, like the Asian Gaming Area.
More than 3,000 slot machines are available, the most of any Indiana casino.
Yes, it’s called Caesars Slots and offers a wide range of free games.
Sign in to your account, select MY CR, and click the Win/Loss statement. The statement will then be available for download and printing in PDF format.