Palms Casino became the first Las Vegas casino in the past year to join the stampede for Aristocrat Gaming’s Buffalo Zone, a dedicated space on the gaming floor with nearly 50 slot machines that feature 10 different buffalo-themed Aristocrat slots.
The gaming area should be a favorite spot for the casino’s slots patrons, Palms Director of Slot Operations Scott McDermott said in a statement:
“There’s no question that our players love Buffalo games by Aristocrat Gaming. We are so thrilled to introduce this dedicated space to our guests, providing them with an enhanced casino experience and the excitement of hearing the well-recognized
‘Buffaloooooo’ game chant.”
There are 10 Buffalo Slots games available in Buffalo Zone, including:
- Buffalo Ascension
- Buffalo Chief
- Buffalo Gold
- Buffalo Link
- Buffalo Revolution
Palms Las Vegas commemorated casino’s new Buffalo Zone with a party
This past weekend, the Las Vegas casino held a multi-day celebration for its new Buffalo Zone and offered various promos and perks for its Club Serrano loyalty members:
- $25 in free Buffalo Zone slot play
- Specially priced Old Fashioned cocktails made with Buffalo Trace single-barrel whiskey.
- Hot-seat prizes of $25-$1,000 in free play in the Buffalo Zone
Aristocrat’s president of America operations Tom O’Brien said the company was “thrilled” to partner with the Plams.
Palms launch latest in Artistocrat’s push for dedicated gaming areas
Over the past year or so, Aristocrat has launched a series of gaming lounges dedicated to various Aristocrat slot franchises as well as areas dedicated specifically to Buffalo-themed games:
- April 2022: Beau Rivage Resort & Casino in Mississippi debuted a Buffalo Zone, becoming the first Gulf Coast property to do so.
- December 2022: Seminole Casino Hotel Immokalee in Florida opened a Lightning Link lounge, which features 50 slots dedicated two a pair of Aristocrat titles: Lightning Link and Dragon Link.
- May 2023: West Virginia’s Wheeling Island Hotel-Casino-Racetrack opens an Aristocrat lounge with more than 100 slots and multiple titles including Dragon Link, Lighting Link, and several options from the Buffalo franchise.
According to the company’s half-year earnings call, Aristocrat’s push to become a household name in the US slots market has boosted its penetration by more than 14% in Class III gaming. At the time of the call, Aristocrat had more than 33,700 units in operation in North American casinos.
The company’s slots prowess earned the respect of the industry, too. Aristocrat won Best Overall Slots Content at the 2023 EKG Slot Awards. And it took home six out of 12 land-based gaming awards it was eligible for.