Best Real Money Online Casinos USA
If you’re looking for an online casino accepting US players, you’re in luck. PlayUSA.com provides reviews of the top-rated casinos and features some of the most popular real money casino games.
Legal real money online casinos have launched in Connecticut, Delaware, Michigan, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and West Virginia. Other states with the potential to launch real-money online casinos include Illinois and Indiana. If you live outside of those states, you have the option to play either social casinos or sweepstakes casinos.
Online casinos like BetMGM, Caesars and DraftKings Casino offer a safe way for players to play casino games on the go. These casinos also provide great perks and bonuses for real money players.
Top online casinos accepting US players – 2022
7 of the best real money online casinos
Legal and licensed real money online casinos are available in Connecticut, Delaware, Michigan, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and West Virginia. Most give you the chance to play your favorite online slots, video poker, and electronic table games like blackjack and roulette. However, the following casinos rank among the top 7 casinos online in the US:
1. BetMGM Casino – Best casino for slots
BetMGM Casino is the online casino of one of the world’s largest casino companies, MGM Resorts International. Like fellow giant Caesars, BetMGM is a fully-integrated site that allows players to move seamlessly between casino games, poker, and sports betting.
One of the most striking things about the BetMGM Casino is the number of exclusive slot games that the site has to offer both slots and blackjack players. Few online casinos have the resources or time to carve out space for entire titles of their own. If you think you’ve seen it all, you may want to swing around to BetMGM Casino.
2. Caesars Casino – Best casino for player rewards
Caesars Casino is the online arm of one of the largest casino companies in the world. The top attribute of Caesars Casino is its level of integration across the different types of gambling in New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Michigan and Connecticut.
You can move seamlessly between casino gambling, sports betting, and poker on this site without any issue, and your account comes with you. As one of the top names in US online casino gambling, Caesars allows you to earn valuable Caesars Rewards points online, making it one of the best options for players that want rewards and comps at local casinos.
2. Golden Nugget Casino – Best for live dealers
Golden Nugget Casino is the online version of the Atlantic City casino of the same name, though has since expanded to Michigan, Pennsylvania and Connecticut. The casino provides one of the largest collections of games for real money players and includes a variety of exclusives, not available elsewhere. This includes the popular Golden Nugget Stepper slot.
Golden Nugget is one of the most popular online casino brands in the country thanks to its huge list of slot games. Golden Nugget Casino is best for players that want a solid selection of live dealer games and niche-based, like Slingo.
4. DraftKings Casino – Best casino for blackjack players
The DraftKings brand likely inspires more thoughts about sports and sports betting than it does casino play. But, DraftKings Casino is open for business in Pennsylvania, Michigan, West Virginia and Connecticut. This real money casino brings a unique twist to the way that a site offers its options.
DraftKings may be one of the only casinos online to put its table games forward before its slots. The sheer variety of table games on site is quite impressive. There are 22+ different versions of blackjack onsite alone, and games with names like Dream Catcher and Wheely Wheely Big Win form an unlikely phalanx of options outside of the typical slot machine cavalcade. If you’re a table games player, you don’t need to miss DraftKings Casino
5. FanDuel Casino – Best sportsbook and casino in one
FanDuel has come a long way in the past few years and is best suited for the casual sports bettor. The online casino offers a growing list of games from top developers and exclusive game titles you won’t be able to find anywhere else.
Given FanDuel’s wide success with online sports betting, it’s no surprise that there is a heavy level of integration between the pure casino side of the site and the sports betting aspects. You can move back and forth between the two without much difficulty at all.
6. BetRivers Casino – Best for casino bonuses
BetRivers Casino is the online casino brand for Rush Street Interactive, a growing casino operator which owns the Rivers brand of casinos in three states, including Pennsylvania.
BetRivers also makes navigating its site quite easy, thanks to a filter system that allows you to choose the types of games that you want. Online casino players who want flexibility and control over their experience will appreciate this. Where BetRivers shines over the other casinos, is that they offer one of the lowest rollover requirements. All casino bonuses come with a 1x playthrough requirement, making it one of the better casinos for online casino bonuses.
7. FunzPoints Casino – Best online casino for players outside of regulated states
Funzpoints Casino is a great option in the sweepstakes site crowd. In many ways, it takes the concept and refines it into a more easily understood package. Funzpoints is available in almost every state in the US.
Funzpoints offers a variety of slot machines, similar to other social and sweepstakes sites, albeit with different titles, themes, and color schemes. However, the emphasis is clearly on the experience, which is a nice touch. Where Funzpoints separates itself is that most of its real-money games do not have a free-money counterpart. Of course, you can win real cash on these games, so there are arguments beyond the enhanced opportunity for getting into the game.
For everyone else, the only legit casino option you have is playing at a sweepstakes casino site, where you can still play online slots, blackjack, roulette and video poker.
How to choose an online casino
Choosing the online casino that’s right for you may require a bit of research. Here’s a list of the things you should be looking at when doing that research:
- Bonus offers: The bigger the better. However, you might also want to look at how easy the wagering requirements are to clear and whether you’re looking at a no-deposit bonus, deposit match bonus, or some combination of both
- Safe and secure: Make sure your money and personal information are protected.
- Payout speed: The faster the better. However, you might also want to look at how withdrawals are paid and what alternative methods are available.
- Mobile games: Mobile casino apps are generally truncated versions of what’s available on desktops. That means fewer games. Find out how many fewer and whether the games you really want to play are available on the mobile app.
- Payment options: The more the merrier. Just make sure there are enough alternatives that work for you so you’re payments are processed quickly.
- Legal and licensed: Before choosing just any online casino, make sure that the casino is legal and licensed to operate in your jurisdiction. Current states with real money casino gambling include New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Michigan, West Virginia and Connecticut.
How we review online casinos
We review online casinos across the country to help you choose the ones that are right for you. We look at certain criteria when performing these reviews and prioritize some criteria over others. Here’s a look at the most important criteria we look at:
- Legit, licensed and safe online casinos: Our number one priority at PlayUSA is to make sure an online casino is legal and licensed by state authorities.
- Game selection: Bigger is better when it comes to game selection. We look at the specific number of online slots, table games, and live dealer games an online casino offers to make sure you have choices.
- Bonus offers and wagering requirements: Bigger is better when it comes to bonus offers as well. However, we also look at how easy the wagering requirements are to clear and whether you’re qualified for a no-deposit bonus, deposit match bonus, some combination of these two, or something different altogether.
- Mobile casino app: We look to see if the mobile casino app offers as many games as the desktop site. Plus, how big a download the software is and whether it’s easily available for iOS and Android mobile devices.
- Customer Support: We want to know if the online casino has your back. In other words, how robust its online customer support is and how easily you can contact the customer support team if you have an issue.
Compare the best US real money casino bonuses
We have downloaded and reviewed the top legal online casinos in the US to provide you with a full comparison of the bonus offers, payouts and minimum deposit required. Whether you’re looking for a casino with the highest payout rate, a low rollover bonus or a mobile casino app to play slots and blackjack, the best online casinos for real money cover it all. This table provides a list of the top online casinos for US players, and some of the important features you will find there:
|Casino||Best Bonus||Avg. Payout %||Android||Apple||Available In||Read Review|
|BetMGM Casino||$1,025||98.67%||3.7/5||4.7/5||MI, NJ, PA & WV||Review|
|DraftKings Casino||$2,085||97.89%||3.5/5||4.8/5||MI, NJ, PA & WV||Review|
|Caesars Casino||$2,000||98.90%||4.4/5||4.6/5||MI, NJ, PA & WV||Review|
|FanDuel Casino||$1,000||98.45%||3.7/5||3.6/5||CT, MI, NJ, PA & WV||Review|
|BetRivers Casino||$250||95.67%||3.8/5||2.5/5||MI, PA & WV||Review|
|Unibet Casino||$760||98.96%||3.6/5||2.9/5||NJ & PA||Review|
|Golden Nugget Casino||$1,510||98.90%||3.6/5||3.6/5||MI & NJ||Review|
|Stars Casino||$50||96.50%||4.3/5||3.7/5||MI, NJ & PA||Review|
|FOX Bet Casino||$1,500||96.89%||3.5/5||3.5/5||MI & PA||Review|
|Funzpoints Casino||$22.50||95.20%||N/A||N/A||No Washington||Review|
|Betway Casino||$1,000||96.36%||3.3/5||3.5/5||NJ & PA||Review|
Types of bonuses at real online casinos
Almost all US online casinos provide you with free cash simply for signing up for an account with them. These no deposit casino bonuses usually involve small amounts ($2-$20, typically). There are usually some terms and conditions. Here are some of the things you should look for when comparing online casino bonuses:
- No Deposit Casino Bonus – Just like the name suggests, this type of bonus offers you free money to gamble with and you don’t have to make a deposit with the online casino to get it. That said, there are normally some wagering requirements attached, meaning you have to gamble with the money and can only withdraw your winnings after the wagering requirements are met.
- First Deposit Bonus: This bonus is usually a match offer. As an example, the casino might offer a 100% match, which means you will receive the same amount as your deposit in the form of a bonus.
- Free Spins Bonus – Just like the name suggests, this type of bonus offers you free spins on certain online slots. Anything you win with these free spins is usually yours to keep.
- Reload Bonus – This type of bonus offers you free money to gamble with when you make a new deposit with an online casino. It’s often a specific percentage match of your deposit up to a certain limit and there are normally some wagering requirements attached.
- Loyalty Bonus – This type of bonus offers you free money to gamble with based on your volume of play. It’s often a certain percentage of how much you’re gambling regularly and there are limits and wagering requirements attached to the bonus money.
Sweepstakes and social casinos accepting US players
You can play all kinds of casino games online no matter where you are inside the US, thanks to social casinos, like Chumba and Luckyland, along with sweepstakes casinos, like FunzPoints. That’s because they operate under US sweepstakes laws, and like any sweepstakes contest, there is no purchase necessary to play.
There are just a few small differences between the games sweepstakes / social casinos offer and real online casinos. US online casinos offer many of the same games you find at land-based casinos across the US. Sweepstakes and social online casinos offer their own exclusive versions of these games that are quite similar, but not exactly the same. Branding is the only true difference.
The real difference between sweepstakes casinos and online casinos is in how you get in these games and what you might win. With online casinos, you register for an account, deposit money into it and gamble with that money. Any money you win playing games is added to your account directly and you can use it to play more games or withdraw it. With sweepstakes casinos, you also register for an account. But instead of making a deposit, you purchase one type of currency that has no monetary value and win prizes.
Social casinos include Chumba Casino and Luckyland Slots. Sweepstakes casinos include sites like FunzPoints.
Guide to real money casino games
You’ll find 1000’s of online slots featuring wild symbols, scatters, and bonus games. Themes range from classics like Zeus and Texas Tea to television and movie tie-ins. If you are used to Vegas casino slots, you’ll recognize many of the online titles.
You’ll have no problem finding your favorite Vegas-style slot game online. Most of the online casinos accepting US players offer games from IGT, Konami and Scientific Gaming.
Blackjack is the single most popular card game at online casinos. Now, you can play real money blackjack with live dealers (see below) as well as against the casino software.
Roulette is another popular choice that is now available with live dealers. Roulette tables at regulated online casinos are mostly the double zero version with a single and double green zero slot.
Compared to the other popular casino table games, craps is limited to regulated real money casinos. Online craps can be a great way of getting to know the different bets before you hit a game in a live casino.
Live dealer casino gaming is the fastest-growing segment in online casino gaming. The concept is simple. It’s real casino games played live in studios with real croupiers dealing the cards and spinning the roulette wheels.
Online scratch-offs are a hybrid between online slots and the traditional scratch-off cards you may have been buying at lottery retailers for decades. The games are mostly about revealing game-play areas to find matching symbols that equal a specific prize.
Texas Hold’em, the most popular form of traditional peer-to-peer poker, has been turned into a casino table game and online casinos have brought the action online. It’s you versus the dealer, instead of other players, in games like Casino Hold’em and Texas Hold’em Bonus.
Related real money casino guides
More on the ins and outs of US online casinos can be found on the following pages:
Here’s where you’ll find everything you need to know about the mobile casino apps available throughout the US. This includes how to download on iOS and Android and bonus offers.
Here’s where you’ll find everything you need to know about the latest online casinos to hit the market in various legal jurisdictions. This includes the newest casinos, most recent games and more.
Here’s where you’ll find everything you need to know about winning a lot for just a little and how small your deposit can be at various US online casinos. Our guide walks you through casinos accepting $5-$20 deposits.
How to make a real money deposit
If you want to play online casino games for real money with any of the casinos accepting US players, you’ve got to deposit some cash into it. The good news is that the legitimate US online casinos have gone to great lengths to make all of this a safe, secure, and simple process.
When you’re ready to make a deposit, just login to your account and click on the cashier tab on the online casino website or its mobile app. There, you’ll find a variety of deposit methods you can choose from, including everything from online banking and third-party payment processors, to credit and debit cards, and cash at various retail locations and affiliated land-based casinos. Simply choose one by clicking on it. Then, fill in the amount you wish to deposit, plus all required account and payment information, and follow the prompts. For most deposit methods, the funds will be available almost instantly.
Credit & Prepaid Cards
ACH / e-Check
Are US online casinos safe?
Yes, if you choose a legal US casino. Government regulation ensures the safety of online casinos in states where they are legal. State government regulators license the operators behind every online casino in the United States, and most of these operators are longtime land-based casino companies with solid reputations for fairness and safety.
Blacklisted casinos operate outside of the United States
Of course, there are offshore online casino operators that try to attract US players. Unfortunately, these offshore sites don’t have the same oversight to ensure fairness, safety and security that legal operators can. They don’t have state government approval, state government regulators aren’t checking on them, and they aren’t backed by reputable US gambling companies like MGM or Caesars.
Here’s a look at some of the blacklisted offshore sites and examples of issues US players have experienced. These types of sites operate outside of the US law, make you jump through hoops that deposit using cryptocurrency and make false promises about legality, safety, and security.
|Non-US Casino||Payment Issues||Bonus Issues||Game Fairness/Other|
|SlotoCash Casino||Difficulty processing payments. Withdrawals can take up to 8 weeks to process.||Wagering Requirements Unclear||Unclear who audits the RNG or games for fairness|
|WinPalace Casino||Refused to pay winning players||Mislead bonus claims||Poor casino practices/ Unverifiable international licensing|
|Planet 7 Casino||Stalled payouts||Unprofessional support and bonus advice||Customer issues ignored|
Legal and licensed online casinos in the US will always provide access to responsible gambling resources and information on licensing and state regulators. Here’s a look at what’s available in each state with privately run legal and regulated online casinos:
|New Jersey||Council on Compulsive Gambling of NJ||New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement|
|Pennsylvania||Council on Compulsive Gambling of PA||Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board|
|Michigan||The Michigan Department of Health and Human Services||Michigan Gaming Control Board|
|West Virginia||Problem Gamblers Help Network of West Virginia||West Virginia Lottery Commission|
|Connecticut||Connecticut Council on Problem Gambling||Connecticut Gaming Division|
I have a complaint, who do I contact?
Customer service is where regulation really shines and one of the main reasons why you should only play at legit, legal and licensed US online casinos. Government regulators ensure online casinos operating in the US have reachable, trained, and friendly customer service departments that will handle any issue you may have. Most can be reached by phone, email and live chat online.
- For complaints to the New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement, call 609-984-0909 or email [email protected] There’s also an Atlantic City Office you can visit at 1300 Atlantic Ave.
- Any questions, comments, or complaints can be directed to the Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board’s director of enforcement at 717-346-8300 or to [email protected] You can also download and print the PGCB complaint form here.
- The West Virginia Lottery regulates online gambling in the state and can be reached at [email protected] or through the Charleston Headquarters at 800-982-2274 or 304-558-0500. Or, you can file a complaint with the WV lottery here.
- If in Michigan, you can reach out to the Michigan Gambling Control Board at [email protected], or by phone at 313-456-4100.
- For complaints to the Connecticut Department of Consumer Protections, call 860-713-6100 or email [email protected] Offices are located at 450 Columbus Boulevard, Suite 901, Hartford, CT 06103.
It depends. The federal government has left it up to individual states to decide the answer to this question. So far, Delaware, Michigan, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, West Virginia and Connecticut have legalized and launched real money casinos. Indiana and Illinois may soon do the same.
You can learn more about real money casinos in legal states here:
Yes. State licensed and regulated online casinos are perfectly safe and completely legitimate. State online gambling regulation demands it and ensures it.
Regulators vet online casinos, mandate security protocols, and test all gaming security and games for legitimacy and fairness.
Ultimately, this ensures your online gambling experience with a legal online casino is consistently a safe and legit one.
Casinos not licensed in the US do not have the same assurances. Its a buyer beware market.
Yes, you most certainly can. Choosing a legal US online casino means you deposit into your casino account, gamble with real cash, and stand the chance to win real money. You can then request a withdrawal. Legitimate US casinos are quick to process withdrawals, with most casinos paying within 24 hours.
Payout percentage, or return-to-player percentage (RTP), is the percentage of money put into a casino game that the game is expected to pay out over time. The flipside of this is called house edge and represents the percentage of money put into a casino game that the casino will keep as profit.
A slot machine with a 98% RTP is theoretically expected to return 98 cents of every dollar put into it back to players. That doesn’t mean it keeps two cents from every spin, but it’s expected to keep an average of two cents from every spin over time.
RTP is entirely theoretical, and you might run out of money playing a game before you ever see a return equal to that game’s RTP. You should never choose your game based on the payout percentage with the expectation that you’re going to win.