Golden Nugget Online Casino Bonus Code PLAYBONUS
Golden Nugget Casino has over 800 online casino games and is New Jersey’s most popular online casino. The online casino launched in Michigan in 2021 and is about to launch in Pennsylvania and West Virginia.
Golden Nugget online casino has swallowed up market share by having all the games everyone could want and handing out a solid welcome bonus. That bonus now includes $10 free when you join the Golden Nugget Casino here. Use the Golden Nugget Casino bonus code PLAYBONUS when you register, and you’ll also get your first deposit up to $1,500 and earn 200 free spins on the 88 Fortunes slot.
Our Golden Nugget online casino review includes information on how to get the bonus. Plus, details regarding the best of Golden Nugget’s 800-plus games, from the classics to the biggest progressive jackpot slots and electronic and live dealer table games.
Golden Nugget bonus code for February 2023
Golden Nugget’s new player bonus has a lot to offer. When you sign up and use the Golden Nugget Casino bonus code PLAYBONUS, you’ll get $10 in bonus cash. You’ll also get a 100% deposit match bonus of up to $1,500 on your first deposit. Plus, as long as that deposit is over $30, you’ll also get 200 free spins on the popular 88 Fortunes slot, where you can potentially win even more.
|Online Casino||Golden Nugget New Jersey||Golden Nugget Michigan|
|Golden Nugget Bonus Code||PLAYBONUS||PLAYBONUS|
|Max Golden Nugget Casino Bonus||$1,510 and 200||$1,010 and 200|
|Golden Nugget No Deposit Bonus||$10||$10|
|Golden Nugget Deposit Bonus||100% up to $1,000 and 200||100% up to $1,000 and 200|
|Golden Nugget Welcome Bonus T&Cs||$30 deposit required for deposit bonus|
Free spins for 88 Fortunes only
10x playthrough requirement for bonus cash
Must be 21 years of age or older
|$30 deposit required for deposit bonus
Free spins for 88 Fortunes only
10x playthrough requirement for bonus cash
Must be 21 years of age or older
|Last Updated||February 2023||February 2023|
While there is a 10-times playthrough requirement on most of the bonus money, it is only once on your free spin winnings. Ultimately, this means you can start playing your favorite slots and casino games on Golden Nugget with your $10 bonus as soon as you sign up. Then, all you have to do is make your first deposit of up to $1,500, and Golden Nugget will match it with bonus money.
But before you start trying to clear the playthrough requirement on that bonus, you can take your 200 free spins on 88 Fortunes and easily clear the one-time playthrough requirement on any winnings you collect. Then, it’s just a matter of playing your favorite slots and table games until you’ve cleared that big deposit bonus. Depending on how loose 88 Fortunes is the day you play it, there’s at least $1,510 in value here and the potential for more.
This free spin playthrough requirements are solid and compare to both BetRivers and Sugarhouse.
How to clear the Golden Nugget Casino sign-up bonus
Parts of it will be tough and others easy, but you should be able to clear Golden Nugget’s bonus. Starting with the easy part for casino players, you’ll get 200 free spins on 88 Fortunes when you deposit more than $30 your first time out. Spin away, and Golden Nugget will credit any winnings as bonus funds.
These bonus funds have just a one-time wagering requirement, and that’s easy to clear. Say you win $30. All you have to do is make $30 worth of bets on slots, and the winnings from that will be yours to keep. Of course, if table games are your thing, it’ll be a little tougher.
Table games like roulette, blackjack and even video poker count just 25% toward clearing your bonus. Ultimately, that makes it a four-times wagering requirement if you try to clear this bonus playing these games. For our $30 example, that means making $120 in bets.
Next comes the more difficult part. You are eligible for a 100% deposit match bonus of up to $1,500. That means if you deposit a grand, the Nugget will match it with bonus funds.
However, these bonus funds come with a lofty 10-times wagering requirement. In this case, that would mean having to make $10,000 worth of bets on slots before any winnings will be yours to keep. Unless you win a lot, that’s going to prove difficult. The best thing to do is stick to slots and be careful not to let an attempt to clear this deposit bonus break you.
No deposit bonus and the Golden Reward Player’s Club
As we outlined above, register for a new account with Golden Nugget and use the code PLAYBONUS when prompted, and you will receive $10 in bonus cash. But there’s even more value for you in the Nugget’s Golden Reward Player’s Club.
Sign up for an account and you’ll get automatic membership in the club. Then, it’s just about earning Golden Points by playing slots and table games and turning those points into cash. You’ll accrue points for every deposit and bet you make. Plus, you can opt into special promotions to collect even more.
When you’re playing, you’ll get five points for every $100 you bet on slots and one point for every $100 you bet on blackjack, video poker, keno or table games. Then, every 100 points is worth $1 cash credit at Golden Nugget. Just remember you can only redeem points at Golden Nugget online casino and not Golden Nugget casino properties across the country.
Where is Golden Nugget casino legal?
As of 2021, Golden Nugget is available in two states, New Jersey and Michigan.
Golden Nugget procured an online casino license from the Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board in January 2019 and is still planning to launch in PA. Plus, Golden Nugget has entered into an agreement with The Greenbrier for online casino market access to West Virginia and is making plans to get licensed and launch there, as well.
Golden Nugget online casino in NJ
Golden Nugget NJ was not the first online casino to launch, however, it quickly grew into the largest online casino in the state by adding more games than anybody else. Golden Nugget Hotel, Casino & Marina also added partners BetFair, PlaySugarHouse and BetAmerica under its NJ online gambling license, leading to its dominating position over the entire NJ online casino sphere.
The online casino has added online slots and table games from leading game suppliers like IGT, Bally, Konami and WMS over the years. Plus, the Nugget has led the charge into live dealer games, adding everything available, even live games from the casino floor in Atlantic City.
The Golden Nugget casino in NJ now boasts over 870 games. There’s everything from 18 jackpot slots like Divine Fortune, World of Ripley’s Believe It or Not and Imperial Riches, to the most popular slots from a huge list of developers like Bally, IGT, Konami, NetEnt, NextGen and WMS.
Table game players will find another huge list with everything from 20 blackjack games to three card poker, four card poker and Ultimate Texas Hold’em. Plus, the live dealer game selection is the biggest in NJ, with live blackjack, baccarat, roulette and three card poker from the floor of the Golden Nugget Casino in Atlantic City. The list goes on and on and it’s still growing, making Golden Nugget the king of New Jersey online casinos.
Golden Nugget Bonus Code for New Jersey Players
|NJ Online Casino||Golden Nugget|
|Golden Nugget Bonus Code||PLAYBONUS|
|No Deposit Bonus||$10|
|Deposit Bonus||100% up to $1,500|
|New Jersey Partner||Golden Nugget Hotel & Casino|
|Last Updated||February 2023|
Golden Nugget online casino in Michigan
Golden Nugget took its act on the road in 2021, becoming one of the first online casinos to go live in Michigan in late January 2021. Through its partnership with the Ojibwa Casinos and the Keweenaw Bay Indian Community, Golden Nugget is now among Michigan’s largest online casinos.
Golden Nugget Michigan is nowhere near the massive size of Golden Nugget in New Jersey, but it has 50+ IGT, and the game library is quickly closing in on the 200-game mark, making it one of Michigan’s largest online casinos regardless.
The Nugget has lagged behind online casino leaders like FanDuel, DraftKings and BetMGM, but it’s still pulling in a solid $1 million to $3 million a month.
There are two progressive jackpot slot games — Divine Fortune and Mercy of the Gods — and more than a dozen table games, including baccarat, blackjack, and both American and European roulette. Plus, there’s plenty of video poker games, including Game King titles and three-, five- and 10-play Draw Poker.
Golden Nugget Casino bonus code for Michigan players
|Michigan Online Casino||Golden Nugget|
|Golden Nugget Bonus Code||PLAYBONUS|
|No Deposit Bonus||$10|
|Deposit Bonus||100% up to $1,000|
|Free Spins||200 free spins with 88 Fortunes slot|
|Michigan Partner||Ojibwa Casino|
|Last Updated||February 2023|
All Golden Nugget legal online casino states
|Legal State||Partner||Launch Date|
|New Jersey Casinos||Golden Nugget Hotel, Casino & Marina||December 2013|
|Pennsylvania Casinos||None (PGCB approved)||TBA|
|Michigan Casinos||Ojibwa Casinos and the Keweenaw Bay Indian Community||January 2021|
|West Virginia Casinos||The Greenbrier||Expected in 2021|
How to sign up/create an account
If you want to play online slots and table games with Golden Nugget, you need to register for an account. The good news is that the Nugget makes this easy:
- Head to the online casino site and click on the button to sign up in the top right corner of the page.
- Fill in the necessary details, including your email address, physical address, phone number and the last four digits of your Social Security number.
- Fill in the Golden Nugget bonus code field using the code PLAYBONUS.
- Accept all terms and conditions and click at the bottom of the page to complete the registration process.
Golden Nugget online casino review
Golden Nugget online casino’s 800-plus games in New Jersey, and close to 200 in Michigan, make it a full-service online casino. There’s something for casual players who want to try everything at least once, as well as something for dedicated table game, video poker and slot players. There are even enough progressive jackpot slots to make big jackpot dream chasers happy.
With potentially over $1,510 in new player bonus money, 200 bonus spins on a popular slot, and even more possible, there’s even some good value here.
However, the 10-times wagering requirement on most of that bonus money means many won’t see much of it. It’s great that your winnings on the 200 free slot spins have only a one-time wagering requirement.
But Golden Nugget might be better served by lowering the 10-times requirement on the deposit match bonus to something like the one-time playthrough requirement PlaySugarHouse in NJ has on all its bonuses. Failure to clear a bonus will turn off a lot of players.
While it’s also great that there’s a Golden Reward Player’s Club for loyal players, the lack of connection to the land-based casino loyalty program like you find with Caesars or Penn National Gaming online casinos makes it less valuable.
Where Golden Nugget stands even taller than its closest competitors is in its list of ongoing promotions. While BetMGM Casino has a picture of Jamie Foxx and a few basic ways to keep you playing, the list of promos at Golden Nugget is a large one, and it’s changing all the time. An example of this includes:
- Golden Offer: A $10 instant bonus when you deposit $25 or more.
- Golden Games: A $1,000,000 monthly race with a $100,000 grand prize and 3,000 winners.
- Game of the Week: Double the points on the game of the week.
- Level Up: 600 prizes in a weekly draw you can opt into.
- Free bets/odds boosts: Sportsbook promos casino players can access.
- Refer your friends: Up to $500 in instant bonuses for referrals.
The bottom line is that there’s enough value for you to take advantage of in the welcome bonus to make it worth signing up for.
Download Golden Nugget casino app
The sign-up process is easy enough to get through. The software is as easy to navigate as any, and it includes link groupings to help you find a game you want to play. Golden Nugget has among the best online casino apps for Apple and Android devices, letting you play on the go.
Golden Nugget Casino iOS App
- Navigate to the Golden Nugget website from your iOS mobile device.
- Click on the iOS logo
- The casino will redirect you to the Apple App store
- Click “Get” to download and install it.
Golden Nugget Casino Android App
- Navigate to the Golden Nugget website from your Android device.
- Click on the Android / Google Play logo
- A notification will appear prompting you to install the app.
- Select the “Install” button.
Golden Nugget online slots
Golden Nugget is the leader of the online slot market, with over 800 titles available in NJ and a growing list elsewhere. Outside of a few exclusive games on other sites, Golden Nugget has it all for real money slots players.
The list of developers and game studios reads like a who’s who in slot development. The list of slot developers includes some of the biggest names like Konami, Aruze, Bally, IGT and WMS. You’ll also find online-only developers like NetEnt and Lightning Box.
There are Megaways slots, jackpot slots, Slingo slots, new slot games and exclusive slots. There are classic reel slots, modern video slots and every kind of slot you can imagine playing for both pennies and high stakes. The return-to-player rate of most stands around 95% and can reach up to 98%.
Top 5 real money slots at Golden Nugget
- Divine Fortune: Golden Nugget’s ancient Greek-themed progressive jackpot slot with 20 paylines and a 96.6% RTP. There are five reels, a $0.20 minimum and $100 maximum bet and the chance to win an ever-growing jackpot and up to $350,000 in its Free Spins Bonus and a Jackpot Bonus games. Divine Fortune is available in Michigan, West Virginia, and NJ.
- Mercy of the Gods: Golden Nugget’s other progressive jackpot slot has an Egyptian mythology theme, 20 paylines and a 96.64% RTP. Once again, there’s a $0.20 minimum and $100 maximum bet and the chance to win a jackpot and up to $350,000 in a Gift of Wealth bonus game.
- Blood Suckers: Golden Nugget’s vampire-themed slot is popular because of its 98% RTP. This one has 25 lines, a $0.25 minimum and $50 maximum bet and a max payout of $250,000. It’s a low rollers’ favorite.
- 88 Fortunes: Golden Nugget’s classic Chinese-themed slot is the one you can spin 200 times for free. The fact that it offers 243 ways to win, an $0.88 minimum and $88 maximum bet, and a 96% RTP should keep you spinning.
- Golden Nugget Video Slot: It’s a classic from one of the original Vegas casinos, available exclusively online at Golden Nugget. The game is an ode to gambling’s golden age with modern gameplay. It has 25 lines on five reels, a $0.25 minimum and $125 maximum bet, and an RTP ranging from 95.30% to 95.62%. Plus, there’s a classic free games feature offering 15, 20 or 25 free games where the symbols turn to gold and more than a nugget of prize money awaits. This game is available at Golden Nugget in Michigan and NJ.
Golden Nugget table games
Golden Nugget has just about every table game out there. The casino provides over 20 blackjack games in NJ and 6+ games at the Golden Nugget in Michigan.
You’ll also find multiple variations of roulette, including Roulette Advanced and live dealer roulette options at both Golden Nugget Casino NJ and the Golden Nugget Casino Michigan. Here is a complete list of real money blackjack games:
- 20 blackjack games, including online live dealer blackjack, live high limit blackjack and live Ultimate Blackjack
- Two American roulette games
- Two European roulette games
- One French roulette game
- 100/1 Roulette
- Roulette Advanced
- Live dealer roulette
- Live Casino Floor Roulette
- Three card poker
- Live three card poker
- Professional Series Baccarat
- Live baccarat
- Four card poker
- Let It Ride
- Casino War
- Live Casino Hold’em
- Ultimate Texas Hold’em
- I Love Suits Poker
- Texas Hold’em Plus
- Fortune Pai Gow Poker
Live dealer casino games
Live dealer games are a hybrid of live and online casino games pioneered by Golden Nugget and Evolution Gaming. The games play out live in Evolution Gaming’s studio inside the Golden Nugget in Atlantic City, and players bet on them through an online betting interface featured at several online casinos, including the Nugget itself.
It brings the best of both worlds to online casino play, featuring the speed and accuracy you find online, combined with the tradition and familiarity of live table games. Here’s the list of Golden Nugget’s live dealer games, which is the biggest in the business:
- Eight live blackjack tables: $25-$50 minimums.
- Live high limit blackjack: $100 minimum and $2,500 maximum bet.
- Live Ultimate Blackjack: $1 minimum and a spot is always open.
- Live roulette: American Roulette from the studio.
- Live Casino Floor Roulette: From the floor of the Golden Nugget.
- Live three card poker: $1 minimum and a 97.64% RTP.
- Live baccarat: Dragon Baccarat with a $1 minimum bet.
- Live Casino Hold’em: It’s you against the dealer with a $1 minimum bet.
Live dealer casino games should be available in Pennsylvania on launch, but not West Virginia.
Golden Nugget has Game King video poker, which means it has it all. Game King is nine classics in one, featuring a $0.10 minimum and $100 maximum bet with a 97.8% to 98.91% RTP range in the following games:
- Jacks or Better
- Bonus Poker
- Bonus Poker Deluxe
- Double Bonus Poker
- Double Double Bonus Poker
- Triple Double Bonus Poker
- Deuces Wild Poker
- Deuces Wild Bonus Poker
- Joker Poker
Plus, Golden Nugget goes even beyond Game King with the following video poker titles:
- Regal Poker
- Double Regal Poker
- Regal Poker Deluxe
- Double Double Regal Poker
- Jacks or Better
- Destiny Poker
- Deuces Wild Elite
- DJ Wild Stud Poker
- Ten-Play Draw Poker
- Deuces Wild
- Jester Poker
How does Golden Nugget compare to other US online casinos?
Golden Nugget online casino has a huge game library, but does that make it better than other online casinos across the US?
In New Jersey it does. At least that’s what players have said, voting with their dollars and making the Nugget the most successful online casino in the state. However, in Michigan, where it has less than a quarter of those slots and table games, the Golden Nugget online casino is well behind market leaders like the BetMGM Michigan casino.
Still, if the NJ site represents the best of what Golden Nugget can be, and it’s headed there eventually in other states, it compares favorably to the competition. Looking at key criteria like game selection, software and apps, and ongoing promotions, the very same things we look at when reviewing any US online casino, we can see why Golden Nugget is as good as it is.
Areas where Golden Nugget performs well
- Game selection: This is where Golden Nugget is truly a gem. In New Jersey, it has the largest number of games, providing something for almost any taste.
- Software and apps: App for Apple and Android devices, searchable and dividable game lists that are easy to navigate, and promos and bonuses right upfront and easy to access. If there’s anything more you need, Golden Nugget is probably working on adding it.
- Ongoing promotions: Every online casino is offering new player bonuses in addition to no deposit casino bonuses. Golden Nugget is also doing what it can to keep your business, including instant bonuses for even small deposits, $1,000,000 monthly races and Game of the Week double point bonuses.
Areas where Golden Nugget could improve
- Wagering requirements: Thanks for the 100% deposit bonus of up to $1,000. But with a 10-times wagering requirement, it’s difficult to clear. Give us even just a quarter of that bonus cash like Hollywood Casino in PA and attach its one-time wagering requirement, and we’ll be much happier.
- Too busy: Opening the page to see pop-ups, a huge promo banner, the multi-function search bar, and an interjecting My Feed list is enough to give us an epileptic seizure. NJ competitors like Virgin and Tropicana prefer the minimalist approach, and so do most users.
- We got it already with the 800 games: Golden Nugget won the arms race a long time ago, but with over 800 titles now, how can we decide what to play? Perhaps a little of the less-is-more approach would go a long way to keeping people happy and gambling. Having to choose between a dozen video poker games and 20 blackjack games makes us think we might choose wrong.
Golden Nugget banking by state
Golden Nugget accepts all of the major deposit options at the Michigan and NJ casino. The minimum deposit starts at $10 and increases up to $5,000, depending on state. We expect similar options in states like Pennsylvania and West Virginia.
- Visa, Mastercard or Discover Play+ prepaid card: Prepaid credit cards.
- Visa, Mastercard and American Express: Instant deposits with your credit card from approving issuing banks.
- VIP Preferred/Instant ACH: Access to your checking account online.
- PayPal: Trusted online third-party payment processor.
- PayNearMe: Cash at 7-Eleven locations.
- Online bank transfer: Transfer funds online from your bank account.
- Cash at the casino cage: Cash at the Golden Nugget casino cage in Atlantic City.
- Wire transfer: Another way to get money from a bank to the Nugget.
When it comes to withdrawals, you can usually get a request processed within about 48 hours, receive the money the same way you deposited it within a few days, or get a check in the mail within two to three weeks.
Customer support at Golden Nugget starts with a help center containing answers to most questions. If you need more help, you can reach out via chat, phone or email. Chat offers live support online, and it’s just a click away. You can also contact casino customer support at 855-582-5117 or by email at [email protected]
Golden Nugget casino — retail locations
|State||Retail Casino||Online Casino||Address||Phone Number|
|New Jersey||Golden Nugget Atlantic City Hotel, Casino & Marina||Golden Nugget NJ||600 Huron Ave., Atlantic City, NJ||609-441-2000|
|Michigan||Ojibwa Casinos||Golden Nugget Michigan||105 Acre Trail Marquette, MI||906-249-4200|
|Pennsylvania||None||Golden Nugget PA|
|West Virginia||The Greenbrier Casino Club||Golden Nugget WV||01 W. Main St., White Sulphur Springs, WV||844-837-2466|
|Nevada||Golden Nugget Las Vegas||None||129 Fremont St., Las Vegas, NV||702-385-7111|
|Nevada||Golden Nugget Laughlin||None||2300 South Casino Drive, Laughlin, NV||702-298-7111|
|Louisiana||Golden Nugget Lake Charles||None||2550 Golden Nugget Blvd., Lake Charles, LA||844-777-GOLD (4653)|
|Mississippi||Golden Nugget Biloxi||None||151 Beach Blvd., Biloxi, MS||228-435-5400|
Golden Nugget’s entry into the US market
A long-established yet smaller casino brand compared to the gambling giants in the US, Golden Nugget entered the US online casino scene in December 2013 in New Jersey, a few months after the initial launch of online gambling in the state. Golden Nugget Atlantic City needed to jump through a few extra regulatory hoops, but once it did, the online operation was ready to go. Golden Nugget online casino quickly got involved in an arms race, adding as many games as it could, thinking that was the path to drawing gamblers in. It was right, and as the site reached the 500-game mark well ahead of any competition, Golden Nugget became market leader in New Jersey’s burgeoning online casino industry. The growth continued with Golden Nugget adding the BetFair, PlaySugarHouse and BetAmerica online casinos under its NJ online gambling license. Once sports betting became legal, Golden Nugget added that, and that license now generates upward of $35 million a month in online gambling revenue in New Jersey, making Golden Nugget the market leader.
It looked like Golden Nugget was headed to Pennsylvania next, as it procured an online casino license from the Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board in January 2019. However, it has yet to launch in the state, where regulation appears tighter than anywhere else in the country. In the meantime, Golden Nugget has entered into an agreement with The Greenbrier for online casino market access in West Virginia and is making plans to get a license and go start building a game library there. Plus, Golden Nugget jumped the queue in Michigan, becoming one of the first online casinos to go live in that state in January 2021. Through its partnership with the Ojibwa Casinos and the Keweenaw Bay Indian Community, Golden Nugget now boasts a library of close to 200 games in the state. While it hasn’t even come close to competing with market leaders FanDuel, DraftKings and BetMGM in Michigan, Golden Nugget is generating up to $3 million a month in revenue. It appears the plan is to keep adding games until it gets close to the 800-plus available in New Jersey, while continuing to expand to other states where it can. It’s a strategy that worked in New Jersey, and Golden Nugget is betting on it elsewhere, as well.