The National Football League (NFL) and Genius Sports Limited are running it back.
On Thursday, the duo agreed to a multi-year extension, which includes official league sports betting data. The new deal will run through the end of the 2027-28 season.
NFL extends deal with Genius Sports
The first iteration of the NFL-Genius Sports partnership began in 2021. The deal integrates official NFL data throughout sports betting, media and broadcasting ecosystems, helping fans engage with the NFL.
In a Genius Sports press release, Brent Lawton, Vice President, Business Development & Strategic Investments for the NFL, said:
“Since our partnership began in 2021, Genius Sports has been an integral part of taking our official data feeds to market and working with sportsbooks to develop new ways for fans to engage with the NFL.
We’re excited to extend our relationship with Genius and look forward to working with them to develop the next generation of NFL fans.”
Details of the extension include:
- Long-term strategic partnership through the end of the 2027-28 season
- Genius Sports remains the exclusive distributor of the NFL’s official live game data and Next Gen Stats
- Agreement also includes exclusive rights to distribute digital advertising inventory, marks and logos to global sportsbooks and NFL low latency Watch & Bet live game video feeds
- Distribute data to international sportsbooks, as well as integrity monitoring services for all NFL games
- Extends Genius Sports’ exclusive right to distribute NFL low latency Watch & Bet live game video feeds to US sportsbooks
Genius Sports is the official NFL data cornerstone for sportsbooks
Today, Genius Sports powers 98% of the sports betting market with official NFL data helping it post positive Q1 earnings. As a result, the company has helped drive innovations such as:
- player props
- same-game parlays
- personalized data-driven advertising content
Mark Locke, CEO of Genius Sports, said the company was thrilled to extend its partnership with the NFL:
“In just two years, the NFL and Genius Sports have set a new standard for data-driven fan engagement, and we look forward to powering immersive experiences for NFL fans, broadcasters, teams, sportsbooks, brands and more.
Also, Genius Sports will continue to help safeguard the integrity of all NFL games, which is critically important to the NFL, by continuing to provide our 24/7 bet monitoring services.”