The Louisiana Gaming Control Board has revealed April revenue from the state’s riverboat casinos, racinos, and Harrah’s New Orleans. The data showed that the state collected $200.7 million in revenue, compared to $218.8 million recorded in April 2022.
The figure is an 8.23% year-over-year decline. The number is also a monthly decrease compared to $212 million generated in March.
April revenue from sports betting in the Pelican State was $22.9 million based on a $217.7 million handle. Online sports betting revenue was $21.6 million from a handle of $190.06 million. Louisiana has eight online sportsbooks.
Revenue from sports betting at 18 Louisiana casinos was $1.85 million from a $19.67 handle.
Lake Charles casinos lead all Louisiana districts
The most successful of all Louisiana districts during the last month was Lake Charles. Lake Charles properties generated $76.7 million in April revenue. More precisely:
- L’Auberge Casino Resort Lake Charles made $27.1 million in revenue
- Golden Nugget Lake Charles collected $26.1 million
- Delta Downs Racetrack Casino Hotel generated revenue of $14.8 million
- Horseshoe Lake Charles (former Isle of Capri Lake Charles) brought in $8.7 million
Properties in Shreveport/Bossier generated revenue of $50.3 million, a 10% yearly decrease:
- Margaritaville Resort Casino generated $20.3 million
- Horseshoe Bossier City reported $11.9 million
- Bally’s Shreveport Casino & Hotel totaled $9.3 million
New Orleans properties collected $45.3 million in April
The latest reports from the LGCB show New Orleans district properties accumulated revenue of $45.3 million in April. The figure is a 19.5% year-over-year decrease.
Harrah’s New Orleans was the most successful, with a revenue of $21.3 million. Boomtown Casino & Hotel was next with a $10.2 million monthly revenue. Treasure Chest Casino followed with $7.3 million.
Casinos in the Baton Rouge district generated $21.9 million for the month, a 5.9% year-over-year decrease. Here’s a rundown:
- L’Auberge Casino Hotel generated $16.3 million
- Hollywood Casino Baton Rouge collected $4.5 million
- Belle of Baton Rouge Casino Hotel brought in $1.1 million
- Evangeline Downs Racetrack & Casino in St. Landry Parish generated revenue of $6.5 million