Both of Atlantic City’s two new rebranded and reopened casinos are now online.
Ocean Online Casino, the online arm of the new Ocean Resort Casino Atlantic City, kicked off a five-day soft launch Tuesday, June 10.
The newest New Jersey online casino opened online for eight hours on July 10, from 3 p.m. to 11 p.m. local time. The rest of the limited soft launch opening schedule is as follows:
- Wednesday, July 11: 12 p.m to 8 p.m (8 hours)
- Thursday, July 12: 12 p.m. to 2 a.m. (14 hours)
- Friday, July 13: 12 p.m. to 12 p.m. (24 hours)
- Saturday, July 14: 12 p.m. to 12 p.m. (24 hours)
Ocean Resort Casino Atlantic City
Ocean Resort Casino Atlantic City is the former $2.4 billion Revel Casino Hotel that opened in 2012, filed for bankruptcy, and closed a little over two years later.
The property was bought out of bankruptcy for just $82 million in 2015 and eventually sold to Colorado developer Bruce Deifik in January 2018 for $229 million. Deifik re-branded the property Ocean Resort Casino and reopened it less than six months after buying it, on June 28 of this year.
In a January press release announcing its year-end financial results, International internet gaming software supplier GAN announced it had signed a multi-year agreement with Ocean Resort Casino. The agreement ensured the soon-to-open casino would become GAN’s second real-money regulated gaming client in New Jersey. GAN is already the software supplier for Betfair NJ.
Together, the plan was to launch a real-money internet casino gaming and internet sports betting site integrated with the Ocean Resort Casino on-property rewards program.
Ocean Online Casino
It appears now, the pair has taken a huge step towards that. Although, an Ocean Online Casino spokesperson said the soft launch does not represent the “full offering” and there is still “a lot more content to come.”
The Ocean Online Casino soft launch features a “scaled down” version of what the online gambling site will eventually become. There are close to 50 cash slots available, many of which are exclusive to the site. Plus, six versions of video poker, and table games, including online roulette and blackjack.
Atlantic city’s other new re-branded and reopened casino, Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Atlantic City, soft-launched its own online gambling site concurrently with its June 28 opening.
The Ocean Online Casino site has plans to launch a number of promotions over its first three weeks in operation. During the soft launch, Ocean Online Casino promotions include:
- $125 Welcome Week Bonus, including $25 in free pPlay
- $10,000 First Deposit Bonus, a 100 percent deposit match bonus on a player’s first 10 deposits
- Refer a Forever Friend, a refer-a-friend bonus that pays $10 once the friend makes a deposit plus monthly residuals
- Suite Sounds of The Ocean, a monthly leaderboard promotion offering the winners of the slot and table games leaderboard a six-night stay at Ocean Resort Casino Suites or $1,000 in site credit
Ocean Online Casino player loyalty program
Ocean Online Casino is also promising to allow Ocean Premier Points earned through its player loyalty program to be redeemed online for cash or free play at Ocean Resort Casino. Redeemable benefits at Ocean Resort Casino include:
- Preferred access
- Free parking
- Suite upgrades
Deposit options on the site available during the soft launch include:
- Visa Electron
- 7-11 Pay Near Me
- Bank wire
- Cash at the Ocean Resort Casino Atlantic City cage