Real Money Blackjack Online
Blackjack is one of the most popular casino games, and now players in certain states can enjoy this game online just as they would at a real casino. But before you play real money blackjack, there are a few things you should know. Read on as we break down everything you need to know before playing blackjack online. Our guide covers the top online casinos, what games are offered, what bonus offers to look for, and how to find live dealer blackjack online.Sadly, online casinos are not available in your state yet. You do have the option of playing at sweepstakes or social casino sites. These sites offer similar games, allowing you to win cash prizes by playing blackjack, and more. Below is our list of recommended sites.
Play online blackjack at the best US casinos
of Gold Coins for $10
GOLD COINS FOR $10
Playing real money blackjack online
With online blackjack, you can get nearly the same experience as you would in a live casino, but with lower limits, more convenience, and even a live dealer. Aside from all of this, you also get deposit bonuses, loyalty rewards, better rules, deposit options, and game variety. If this sounds good to you, see below for details on the best real money blackjack sites.
Best real money blackjack casinos
Many legal online casino apps offer real money blackjack in the USA. You won’t have any trouble finding a blackjack game in states with regulated internet gambling. However, certain casinos stand out over others when it comes to blackjack. The following casinos excel in terms of bonuses, available games, live dealer games and low house edges.
Golden Nugget Blackjack
Golden Nugget blackjack bonus:
- $10 no deposit bonus
- 100% deposit match up to $1,500
- Golden Nugget Casino bonus code: PLAYBONUS
Golden Nugget deposit options
- Visa, MasterCard, Discover, Play+, American Express, PayPal, Bank Transfer, PayNearMe
Popular online blackjack games at Golden Nugget:
- Blackjack Single Hand — Played with a single deck, rather than the more-common six or eight decks.
- Blazing 7s Blackjack — Pays bonuses and jackpots based on how many 7s you hold.
- Live Unlimited Blackjack — Allows an unlimited number of players to bet at a live table.
Golden Nugget Casino currently offers 22 online blackjack games in New Jersey and 19 in Michigan. They also have multiple live dealer blackjack variants, including classic, high limit and unlimited. The bonus clearing requirement is not the best for blackjack, but the low house edge and blackjack variations make it our top pick.
Caesars Casino Blackjack
Caesars Casino blackjack bonus
- 100% deposit match bonus up to $200
- Caesars Casino bonus code: FREECZR
Caesars Casino deposit options
- Visa, MasterCard, PayPal, Bank Transfer, NETELLER, PayNearMe
Popular online blackjack games at Caesars:
- Blackjack Xchange — “Buy” and “sell” cards to trade your way up to winning hands.
- Poker & Pairs Blackjack — Features the poker and pairs side bets, with the ultimate payout being 100:1 for a suited three-of-a-kind.
- Zappit — Your first two cards swap out for two new cards if they’re between a hard 15 and 18.
Caesars Casino’s real money blackjack offering is one of the few online to rival Golden Nugget when it comes to game selection. Its blackjack library reflects this fact, with over 20 variations available. This online casino also provides a couple of live dealer blackjack variations. You can play from your phone via the Caesars app.
BetMGM Casino Blackjack
BetMGM Blackjack Bonus
- $25 no deposit welcome bonus
- 100% deposit match up to $1,000
- BetMGM Casino bonus code: PLAYNJFREE
BetMGM Casino deposit options
- Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, PayPal, Bank Transfer, VIP Preferred, PayNearMe, Play+, Apple Pay
Notable BetMGM blackjack games:
- Blackjack First Person — Offers a realistic first-person view of a virtual blackjack game.
- Blackjack Millionaire Pro — Lets you place a side bet that, under perfect circumstances, can deliver up to $1 million.
- New York Jets Blackjack — Takes place in a virtual New York Jets luxury box.
BetMGM Casino features 400 to 500 online casino games depending on what state you live in. The BetMGM live dealer casino also has a couple of unlimited blackjack variations.
DraftKings Casino Blackjack
DraftKings Blackjack Bonus
- $60 no deposit bonus
- 100% deposit match up to $2,000
- DraftKings Casino promo code: None - Use Links
DraftKings Casino deposit options
- Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, PayPal, Bank Transfer
Popular blackjack variants at DraftKings:
- DraftKings Blackjack (Jackpot) — Make a $5 side bet to play for a $5,000 jackpot.
- DraftKings Retro Blackjack — Offers an ’80s-style arcade setting.
- Touchdown Blackjack (Jackpot) — Provides a football-themed background and a $5K jackpot.
There are two dozen blackjack games in DraftKings Casino’s biggest states — the most of any online casino on this list. This includes everything from live dealer blackjack to sports-themed variations.
FanDuel Casino Blackjack
FanDuel Blackjack bonus
- Play it again bonus for up to $2,000
- FanDuel Casino promo code: None - Use Links
Fanduel Casino deposit options
- Visa, MasterCard, eCheck, PayPal, Green Dot, PayNearMe, Money Orders, Wire Transfer
Notable FanDuel blackjack games:
- Blazing 7s Blackjack
- NetEnt Blackjack
For real money blackjack, FanDuel Casino offers eight variations in the bigger states. Their mobile app is one of the best, as they have been refining it for years already.
Top real money blackjack games to play online
Classic blackjack is fun online and the house edge is minimal. However, there are many other blackjack options available to you. The following blackjack variants are the same game with different themes, rule changes, and side bets that can add to the fun and excitement this classic casino table game always provides. Just be wary, while the side bets are fun, they come with a higher house edge.
21+3 Progressive blackjack: This blackjack game has a side bet that pays out from a progressive jackpot if the player’s two cards and the dealer’s up-card make a flush, straight, three-of-a-kind, or straight flush. But, the house edge is 3.24%
777 Blazing Blackjack: This blackjack variant features an optional side bet that pays up to 777-times your bet based on how many sevens you draw. The house edge is still a minimal 0.67% on the basic game.
Zappit Blackjack: This blackjack game lets you swap out cards if your hand is between 15 and 17. If the dealer busted with a 22, remaining hands are a push. It has a 1.13% house edge.
Blackjack Fortune Spinner Pro: This blackjack variant features an optional side bet allowing you to bet on any seat or the dealer getting a blackjack. Win and you get to spin the Fortune Wheel. The house edge on that bet is 5.86%.
Super Fun 21 Extreme: This blackjack game has an optional side bet that pays up to 250-1 for diamond-suited blackjacks. The house edge on that bet is 9.2%.
Single-Deck Blackjack: This blackjack game offers the best odds of any in the US. The difference is it’s played with just one deck and the house edge is just 0.13%.
Atlantic City Blackjack: This blackjack game has player-friendly rules that include letting you double down on any two cards. The house edge is a low 0.36%.
Vegas Strip Blackjack: This blackjack game has player-friendly rules that include letting you double down on any two cards. It’s also played with just four decks. The house edge is 0.36%.
Vegas Downtown Blackjack: This blackjack game has player-friendly rules that include letting you double down on any two cards. It’s also played with just two decks. The house edge is 0.39%.
Blackjack Poker & Pairs: This blackjack game has two optional side bets paying up to 30-to-1 for pairs and 100-to-1 for poker hands. It has a 0.4% house edge.
Online casino bonuses and blackjack
Whether it’s bonus money that online casinos give you just for signing up, or a percentage match of your first deposit, most of the bonuses at legal online casinos across the US will have some kind of clearing requirements.
That means you can’t just take the money and run. You have to stick around and gamble with it. In fact, most wagering requirements force you to gamble with the bonus funds multiple times. Of course, once you meet the wagering requirement, anything you win or have left is yours to do with as you wish. Below we have listed the top bonuses in terms of what blackjack contributes to the wagering requirements.
|Online Casino||Sign Up Bonus||Bonus/Promo Code||Blackjack Contribution|
|FanDuel||Up to $2,000 back if you’re down after 24 hours||None - Use Links||100%|
|Golden Nugget||$10 free + a 100% deposit match up to $1,500 + |
200 free spins on 88 Fortunes
|Caesars||100% deposit match up to $2,000 + a $100 gas card||FREECZR||20%|
|DraftKings||$60 free + a 100% deposit match up to $2,000 and an additional $25 with a qualifying deposit||None - Use Links||20%|
|BetMGM||$25 free + a 100% deposit match up to $1,000||PLAYNJFREE||10%|
Free blackjack vs. real blackjack
Free blackjack is a great way to practice your basic strategy, and real money blackjack is good for when you want to play for real money and experience a live dealer game.
|Free Blackjack||Real Money Blackjack|
|👍 Great for learning||👍 Test your skills|
|👍 Practice basic strategy||👍 Chance to win real money|
|👎 No chance for winning real money or gettnig a bonus||👎 Hard to clear a bonus|
|👎 No live dealer games||👍 Live dealer games|
How we rank online blackjack casinos
PlayUSA’s blackjack casino reviews analyze safety, game variety, rule sets, user friendliness, payout speed, and more. Each casino’s blackjack offering is played and tested by three reviewers who all voice their personal experiences with each casino. Read more about our reviews below.
Our site only covers legal online casinos. This is because when you play at a legal and regulated casino, you have recourse if there is ever a problem. Players can file complaints with their state’s gambling board. The casinos we recommend are the most legitimate in the business.
We are also licensed to operate in multiple jurisdictions, including Michigan, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania.
Our experts have worked with some of the biggest names in gambling and media. With over 15 years of combined experience, their backgrounds include work with Caesars, Pokerstars, WSOP, ESPN, Sports Illustrated, and more. Learn more about our team of experts.
Our opinions and reviews are never influenced by our partners. Our news team is committed to independent reporting and will exclude information.
Our editorial process ensures the information we publish is 100% factually correct and up-to-date. We regularly revisit and update reviews to make sure the latest info is available. Find more information on our editorial process here.
Responsible gaming is of the utmost importance to us. Our editorial policies strictly prohibit reporting or creating content that does not adhere to responsible gambling guidelines.
For help with gambling addiction, please see our page of resources.
- Safe and secure: Our top priority at PlayUSA is to only recommend the best online casinos that are licensed and legal in the US.
- Available games: The best casinos for blackjack will have a good selection of blackjack games to choose from.
- Competitive bonus offers: While big bonus offers are great, being able to clear the bonus and cash out is also important. We rank bonuses by the amount and wagering requirements to ensure you get the best promos available.
- Mobile-friendly: With mobile devices being as popular as they are, the best casinos will offer fully optimized apps that provide a great gaming experience whether you use iOS or Android devices.
- Quick and easy payouts: Knowing you can cash out and receive your money quickly is very important, so we also rank casinos by the speed of payouts.
Getting started with real money blackjack
A big part of blackjack’s popularity stems from the fact it’s so easy to learn, play and even master. Here’s a step-by-step guide to getting that process started online:
- Pick an online casino. Make sure it’s legal and regulated in your state. Check the game library to make sure it has at least one blackjack game with player-friendly rules that you will enjoy. You can see all the best real money casinos below on this page.
- Create an account. Sign up and make sure to claim any welcome bonuses for new players. You can see all the offers on our casino bonuses page.
- Deposit funds into your account. You’re going to need something to play with. Log in to your account and click on the cashier tab. Choose from the variety of deposit methods available, like PayPal, PayNearMe, Mastercard, other credit and prepaid cards, and online banking or ACH/e-checks. Fill in the amount, account and payment information, and follow the prompts.
- Select a game and start playing. Find a blackjack title you like in the game library and fire it up.
Real money blackjack deposit options
Real money blackjack sites offer a variety of deposit methods. All of the blackjack sites listed on this page accept the deposit methods you would expect from legitimate online businesses. Some of the most common deposit methods are:
Online blackjack tips
Blackjack mastery is hardly rocket science. Start by keeping these three tips in mind when you play online blackjack:
- Use a strategy chart. Basic blackjack charts are available that can help you play blackjack using perfect strategy. Follow the rules for when to hit, stand, double down or split, and you’ll reduce the game’s house edge to its absolute minimum.
- Play the right bet size for your bankroll. In other words, play within your means and spread it around a little. Winning at blackjack requires staying in the game long enough to get lucky, and proper bet sizing will help you do that.
- Avoid side bets with high house edges. Side bets like 21+3 and Perfect Pairs are fun when you win, but that doesn’t happen frequently enough to make these bets worth your time or money. In fact, their high house edges can turn an otherwise good blackjack game into a bad one.
Different blackjack games have different rules, and many of these rules have a major impact on the house edge.
Things like the number of decks in the shoe, what blackjack pays and the dealer rule for hitting or standing on a soft 17 all have an impact on how player-friendly a particular blackjack game is. As do the rules for doubling down, splitting and surrendering. Each can push the house edge up or down by up to 1.4%.
What that means is you should steer clear of blackjack games with house-friendly rules like the following:
- Blackjack pays 6:5.
- Dealer hitting on soft 17.
- No doubling after splitting.
- Doubling down on certain hands only.
- No surrender.
- No re-splitting aces.
Here’s a look at some of the rules for a group of the most popular online blackjack variations you’ll find in online casino apps:
|Variation||House Edge||Impactful Rules|
|Single Deck Blackjack||0.26%||One-deck shoe. Dealer stands on soft 17.|
|Atlantic City Blackjack||0.36%||Dealer stands on soft 17. Double down on any two cards. Split 10, J, Q or K up to three times. Late surrender.|
|Vegas Strip Blackjack||0.36%||Four-deck shoe. Dealer stands on soft 17. Double down on any two cards. Split 10, J, Q or K up to three times.|
|Vegas Downtown Blackjack||0.39%||Two-deck shoe. Dealer hits on soft 17. Double down on any two cards. Split pairs.|
|Vegas Blackjack||0.40%||Dealer stands on soft 17. Double down on any two cards. Split 10, J, Q or K only once.|
|PGCB Blackjack||0.40%||Dealer stands on soft 17. Blackjack pays 3:2. Double down on any two cards. Surrender.|
Live dealer blackjack at online casinos
Live dealer blackjack brings together the best of both live and online casino blackjack. Real dealers use real cards on actual tables in front of cameras inside a casino studio. Then, the online casinos broadcast the games live, and you can bet online, with stakes ranging from $1 to upward of $10,000 per hand.
It is a live and online blackjack hybrid that combines the speed and accuracy of online wagering and the trustworthiness and transparency of real people using real casino equipment in a live casino. Plus, you don’t have to worry about learning blackjack hand signals or any other live table etiquette because you’re playing online.
The popularity of live dealer blackjack continues to grow, alongside the list of online casinos offering the games. Here are the current options:
- Golden Nugget Casino
- FanDuel Casino
- BetMGM Casino
- DraftKings Casino
- BetRivers Casino
- Caesars Casino
- WynnBET Casino
- Stars Casino
- Unibet Casino
- SugarHouse Casino
- Borgata Casino
- Scores Casino
- 888 Casino
- Betfair Casino
- Hard Rock Casino
- Resorts Casino
- Mohegan Sun Casino
- Parx Casino
Playing real money blackjack on an app
These days, it’s just as easy and even more convenient for most people to play blackjack on their phones or tablets. Blackjack software is so simple that most blackjack games have easily made the jump to mobile, and a variety are available on most online casino apps.
Yes, there’s the added step of downloading and installing an online casino app to your phone or tablet. But that doesn’t require more than just a few screen taps and a couple of minutes.
Other than that, the casino app experience is almost identical to the browser-based one on your computer. You can sign up for a new account, deposit money and perform any number of account management functions via the app. Plus, you can play most casino games, particularly most of the blackjack games, that you would on the casino website on the app.
The screen may be a little smaller, but playing real money blackjack on an app is virtually the same as playing it anywhere else.
Online blackjack games fairness
The difference between online blackjack and blackjack at a casino is quite simple and transparent. In a casino, shuffled cards determine the outcome of each hand. Online, a computerized random number generator does it. Both are completely fair and give you the same chance of winning.
At legal and licensed online casinos in the US, regulators test all games for fairness. That includes full testing of every random number generator employed by the blackjack games online. In other words, state regulators ensure the blackjack games you play online are fair. Most state gaming commissions even get 3rd party audits done to ensure the testing is up to snuff.
In short, online blackjack has a house edge, but it’s a small one. If you play the right way, avoid side bets, get lucky, and find yourself on the right side of variance, you might even beat the house.
The games aren’t rigged. Legal and regulated US online casinos aren’t about to put their reputation and entire operations on the line to cheat players. Regulators would catch them. Plus, they’re making enough money from players that deviate from basic strategy not to have to.
With well into two digits of blackjack games available, BetMGM in New Jersey really is the best online casino for blackjack in the US. Titles that you may find:
- BetMGM Blackjack Pro
- BetMGM Blackjack Pro SP
- Blackjack Fortune Spinner Pro
- BJ Fortune Spinner Mobile
- Blackjack Fortune Spinner
- Blackjack Pro
- Blackjack Pro Mobile
- Borgata Blackjack Pro
- Borgata Blackjack Pro Mobile
- Perfect Blackjack Pro
- Premium Blackjack Pro
- Mini Blackjack Poker
- Blackjack Mini
- PartyCasino Blackjack Pro
- First Person Blackjack
- Blackjack Xchange
- Multi-Hand Blackjack
- Multi-Hand Blackjack Pro
With the correct strategy, Single-Deck Blackjack has the best blackjack odds of any casino game in the country. Not just blackjack, but all casino games. The house edge is a paltry 0.26%. Using just one deck instead of six or eight is the difference-maker, but the dealer standing on soft 17 helps, too.
Most online casinos offer 3:2 payouts on blackjack. As with anything, check the fine print before playing. There is usually a button to click on in the game that will explain all payouts, so be sure to check before you place any bets.
Yes, there are no rules against this. Most casinos encourage players to use basic strategy. Following basic strategy will ensure you give the house the lowest possible edge while playing.
Three Card Poker is a bit of a blackjack alternative. It’s you against the dealer in an effort to try to make the better three-card poker hand. Unfortunately, the 3.07% house edge makes it a pretty poor alternative to the many blackjack variants that boast less than a 1% house edge. Three Card Poker can be fun, but you’ve got a better chance of winning by playing blackjack.
No, online blackjack isn’t rigged provided you play at a legitimate online casino. State licensed online casinos must rigorously test every game for fairness. Online blackjack uses a computerized random number generator to determine the outcome of each hand, and state regulators test these, too.
The truth is that online blackjack games have a house edge, which means online casinos are going to make money off you playing over the long haul. Since you’re basically giving them your money by playing, they have no reason to try to steal it.
Theoretically, no. However, the low house edge means you’re going to lose less playing blackjack over the long term than you would playing most other casino games.
Of course, you can get lucky in the short term and beat the game. Or you could play perfectly and potentially take advantage of various bonuses, promotions and even dealer mistakes to beat the game. In live casinos, some players attempt to count cards to gain an edge, but even doing this is a grind with experienced counters struggling to win. In the event they become regular winners, the casino pit boss will stop letting them play blackjack.