Cole Rush is a writer for PlayUSA. He kickstarted his career by pure chance, finding an internship at WMS Gaming through his cousin-in-law, a recruiter. The company was later acquired by Scientific Games, which in turn acquired Bally’s, NYX Gaming Group, and OpenBet.
Following his six-year stint at Scientific Games, Cole made the leap to freelance journalism in 2020. Now, he covers every nook and cranny of the industry, including online casinos, sports betting, new markets, and much more. He particularly enjoys covering the weirdest, wackiest corners of the gambling world: obscure sports to bet on, underappreciated casino games, and gambling’s inextricable relationship with pop culture.
Though his expertise includes the entire US gambling industry, Cole writes about his native Chicago whenever he can.
Cole received his degree in creative writing from the University of Iowa.
Find samples of Cole’s work below.
Gambling industry coverage
- iGaming Business: Live dealer on the rise
- PlayIllinois: I visited Bally’s Chicago casino; here are my thoughts
- PlayColorado: Inside the BetMGM and Kindbridge responsible gambling program
- Gaming Today: How Pro League Network brings niche sports to betting markets
- Bonus: Best dragon slots online
- iGaming Business: BetMGM Ups the Ante for the 2023-24 NFL Season
- iGaming Business: Staying ahead of the fraudsters
- PlayIowa: Mandatory sports betting education would aid Iowa student athletes
- PlayColorado: Picking your own Mega Millions numbers
- PlayNJ: Ranking sportsbook 404 pages
Posts by Cole Rush:
No posts by this author.