Don’t worry, the staff here at PlayUSA has you covered on where to actually place bets.
Below, you will find some frequently asked questions regarding online sports betting and more specifically, FanDuel Sportsbook.
So let’s get started.
Signing up at FanDuel Sportsbook for Tennessee sports betting
To make things easy, it’s best to sign up for FanDuel on its website. Simply create an account by clicking “sign up” and follow the necessary steps.
You will be asked for some personal information like, date of birth, email address, and maybe even the last four digits of your social security. These are all standard questions so don’t get freaked out.
Why are you being asked for your social security?
FanDuel needs to verify you are who you say you are. Also, you must be 21+ to bet in the state.
Signing up continued…
After you have followed the necessary steps and received a confirmation email, you can download the app on either Android or iOS. Use the same email and password on the app as you did on the website. Go to your phone setting and make sure “location services” are on, this will help verify you are within state lines. If you are outside the state of Tennessee, you won’t be able to place any bets.
How to deposit and withdraw at FanDuel Sportsbook in Tennessee
These days, sportsbooks have made it easy to find a viable option for depositing. The money you take from your bank account or any other source of revenue will be deposited into your FanDuel account which you will then use to place your bets.
Some of the most common options include:
- Credit/debit cards: Visa or Mastercard
- E-checks: ACH or VIP Preferred
- E-wallets: PayPal, Skrill, or Neteller
- Prepaid Cards: Play+
- Online bill pay or wire transfer
The process is similar to adding a funding source to basically any other online shopping account you use.
Should you win a bet, you can withdraw funds from your FanDuel account and transfer them back into your personal account.
The process is very easy. All you need to do is click on your “account” select “withdraw” and enter the amount of money you wish to take out of your FanDuel account.
You will receive a confirmation email and an estimated date on when those funds will be available in your personal account. Most sportsbooks mention a window of 3-5 days but depending on the amount it could be sooner.
Placing bets at FanDuel Sportsbook
You’ve created an account. You’ve funded your account. Now you’re ready to place a bet.
Placing a bet at FanDuel Sportsbook in Tennessee is similar to placing a bet in other states where FanDuel operates.
You will be shown different bet types, sports teams, professional sports, and even different promotions to use. So that you’re not overwhelmed, we will stick with the basics here.
The most common bet types are:
- Moneyline: betting on the winner of a match or game. Teams represented by a + sign are the underdog while teams with a – sign are the favorites. (+100 Dallas Cowboys / -100 Pittsburgh Steelers)
- Point spreads: betting on the margin of victory. (+5 Dallas Cowboys) Dallas must win the game outright or lose by less than 5 points. (-5 Pittsburg Steelers) Pittsburg must win by more than 5 points to win the bet.
- O/U: This is the total combined score of a match or game. (Dallas v Pittsburgh over 52 points / under 52 points) If you bet the over, the Dallas-Pittsburg total score must be over 52 points. If the Final Score was PITT: 38 / DAL: 24, you would win the bet.
- Parlays: combining multiple bets, usually three or more. It can be a combination of any bets. However, one wrong selection ruins the entire bet.
- Futures: selecting the outcome of a future sporting event. Placing a bet on the Chicago White Sox to win the 2021 World Series.
- In-game betting: placing bets on the outcome of things happening in real-time. The next person to score a touchdown in the Pittsburg/Dallas game or will the next place be a run or a pass.
Remember, you are not allowed to place bets once you exit the state of Tennessee, regardless if you have a FanDuel account elsewhere.
Betting on Tennessee sports teams
From the start, you will be able to place bets on a number of professional sports (golf, soccer, MMA, football, basketball, baseball) and all sports teams.
From a Tennesse standpoint you can bet on:
- Tennessee Titans (NFL)
- Memphis Grizzlies (NBA)
- Nashville Predators (NHL)
- University of Tennessee (NCAA)
- Vanderbilt University (NCAA)
- University of Memphis (NCAA)
There are also 10 Division 1 football teams in the state. However, live prop-bets are not permitted on college teams or players. Additionally, betting on horse racing is legal in the state.