Nick Garcia has been covering the US gambling market since 2017. He began his career first-hand reporting from inside the US Supreme Court following the repeal of the Professional and Amateur Sports Protection Act (PASPA).
In 2018, Nick transitioned to covering the expansion of US gambling for Catena Media by writing for several of the company’s marquee brands, including Legal Sports Report, Online Poker Report and PlayUSA.
In his role as Senior Reporter for PlayUSA, Nick provides analysis and in-depth coverage of the gaming industry with a key focus on US online casinos, sports betting and financial markets.
Nick attended Texas Tech University as an undergrad and received a Master of Arts in Journalism from Columbia College Chicago.
Stories written about Illinois sports betting
- PlayUSA: Is Illinois the next US gambling mecca?
- PlayUSA: DraftKings, FanDuel spent $1 million on campaign contribution as sports betting expands
- Legal Sports Report: Shakeup in Illinois politics could open the door for gambling expansion
- Online Poker Report: Illinois sports betting and online casino up for debate in legislature this week
Stories written about DC sports betting
- PlayUSA: DC small businesses push for single supplier sports betting process
- Legal Sports Report: Council aims to bring DC sports betting to the nation’s capital by 2019
Sports betting and iGaming article highlights
- PlayUSA: Analysing the short-lived sports betting monopoly in the south
- Legal Sports Report: Attorney general wants to fund pensions with Kentucky sports betting revenue
- Legal Sports Report: Why the odds on legalizing NY online sports betting in 2020 just got worse
- Online Poker Report: West Virginia begins first formal preparations for online casino gambling
- Online Poker Report: Is multi-state online poker in the cards for Pennsylvania any time soon?
Posts by Nicholaus Garcia:
- Mini Casino Coming Near Penn State University, 27 Jan 2023
- Rivers Casino Philadelphia Lifts Indoor Smoking Ban, 27 Jan 2023
- Bet365 Will Not Launch In Massachusetts After All, 27 Jan 2023
- Illinois Gambling Bill Wants To Introduce Peer-To-Peer Betting, 26 Jan 2023
- New Poll Shows Downtrend In Support For Georgia Sports Betting, 24 Jan 2023
- New Bill Aims To Bring Video Gaming Terminals To Indiana, 24 Jan 2023
- North Carolina Lottery Inks New Service Provider Contract, 23 Jan 2023
- New Jersey Online Casinos Riding High Heading Into 2023, 23 Jan 2023
- Bill Aims To Bring Back Harness Racing In Florida, 20 Jan 2023
- CU Promo Code Deal Over But Partnership Remains, 20 Jan 2023