Nick Garcia has been covering the US gambling market since 2017. He began his career first-hand reporting from inside the US Supreme Court following the repeal of the Professional and Amateur Sports Protection Act (PASPA).
In 2018, Nick transitioned to covering the expansion of US gambling for Catena Media by writing for several of the company’s marquee brands, including Legal Sports Report, Online Poker Report and PlayUSA.
In his role as Senior Reporter for PlayUSA, Nick provides analysis and in-depth coverage of the gaming industry with a key focus on US online casinos, sports betting and financial markets.
Nick attended Texas Tech University as an undergrad and received a Master of Arts in Journalism from Columbia College Chicago.
Stories written about Illinois sports betting
- PlayUSA: Is Illinois the next US gambling mecca?
- PlayUSA: DraftKings, FanDuel spent $1 million on campaign contribution as sports betting expands
- Legal Sports Report: Shakeup in Illinois politics could open the door for gambling expansion
- Online Poker Report: Illinois sports betting and online casino up for debate in legislature this week
Stories written about DC sports betting
- PlayUSA: DC small businesses push for single supplier sports betting process
- Legal Sports Report: Council aims to bring DC sports betting to the nation’s capital by 2019
Sports betting and iGaming article highlights
- PlayUSA: Analysing the short-lived sports betting monopoly in the south
- Legal Sports Report: Attorney general wants to fund pensions with Kentucky sports betting revenue
- Legal Sports Report: Why the odds on legalizing NY online sports betting in 2020 just got worse
- Online Poker Report: West Virginia begins first formal preparations for online casino gambling
- Online Poker Report: Is multi-state online poker in the cards for Pennsylvania any time soon?
Posts by Nicholaus Garcia:
- Potawatomi Casino Hotel In Milwaukee Plans To Open Sportsbook In 2024, 11 Sep 2023
- Rush Street Launches Prop Central In Time For NFL Sports Betting, 08 Sep 2023
- New Hampshire Welcomes Renamed Gate City Casino Amid Ongoing Expansion, 08 Sep 2023
- New Hampshire Lottery Sales Jump 12% In Fiscal Year 2023, 07 Sep 2023
- After A Slow July Rhode Island Gambling Ready For Online Casino Revenue, 06 Sep 2023
- Boom Entertainment Keeping Free-To-Play Sports Gaming App In House, 06 Sep 2023
- Virginia Sportsbooks Post Positive July As NFL Season Nears, 05 Sep 2023
- Fanatics Officially Launches A Rebranded PointBet In 3 US States, 05 Sep 2023
- AGA Responsible Gaming Education Month Begins With Strong Message, Survey Results, 05 Sep 2023
- Ohio Casino Revenue Led By Hollywood Columbus Casino In July, 01 Sep 2023