Brant James is the lead writer for PlayUSA. He has covered the burgeoning sports betting industry in the United States since before professional sports teams even knew what an official gaming partnership could mean.
James canvases the gambling industry for the events that become trends and tries to find the people that make drive them. On a beat that’s sports and business and money and adrenaline all the same time, there’s a lot to do. And that’s the fun of it.
Before focusing on the gambling industry, James was a nationally acclaimed motorsports writer and a long-time member of the National Hockey League media corps. His many season credentials were issued for outlets including USA Today, ESPN, SI.com and the Tampa Bay Times. He earned a journalism degree from Reed College of Media at West Virginia University.
Below is a sample of work:
Stories written about Sports Betting in the US
- Front Office Sports: Why Dover Brought Sports Betting to NASCAR
- The Daily Mail: Here’s Why Boxing Champ Mike Tyson Wouldn’t Fight in UFC
- Gambliance: Nevada Knowledge Spreads to All Corners of Sports Betting Nation
- Gambliance: BetMGM Deal Makes NASCAR, RCR Pioneers in Betting Heading Into Daytona 500
- SBC America: Sports betting panel discussion moderator
- Circa Sports: This Week in Sports
- Mark Paul: Mark Paul Interview with Brant James
- GeoComply: How Mobile Betting Technology Promotes Responsible Gambling
- Casino with Class: Sports Betting Prospects Include Hall of Fame Developers, Sinclair
PlayUSA article highlights
- PlayUSA: Partisans, Sharps and the Uninformed Shake US Election Market
- PlayUSA: Derek Stevens Showcases his Vegas Vision with Circa Resort & Casino
- PlayUSA: Election Betting: European and Offshore Craze Creates an American Conundrum
- PlayUSA: Betting Industry Prospectors Include Hall of Fame Developers, Sinclair
- PlayUSA: Fans In Florida Are Betting on the Super Bowl Even if it’s Not Legal
- PlayUSA: Vegas Looks to Complete Its Sports Town Lineup