PokerStars Casino Bonus Code – $600 Sign-up Bonus
Opt-in to receive the PokerStars Casino welcome bonus worth up to $600 when you sign up for an account in Michigan, Pennsylvania, or New Jersey. After doing so, your first deposit at PokerStars will be matched 100% for up to $600. You don’t even need a PokerStars Casino bonus code to claim this quality offer.
PokerStars Casino offers a quality selection of casino games like blackjack, roulette, baccarat, and slots. What started out as an added perk for online poker players has since grown into a standalone online casino product with hundreds of games. PokerStars Casino has its own ongoing promos and a welcome offer built exclusively for its new players.
This review aims to give you everything you need to know about the online casino, including the available games, what it’s like playing at PokerStars Casino and how it matches up with the competition. These days, PokerStars is a lot more than just online poker. Here’s how you can get in on all the online casino action.
PokerStars Casino sign-up bonus in February 2023
When you sign up for an account at PokerStars Casino, you can receive up to a $600 welcome bonus. You don’t need a PokerStars promo code, but you do need to opt-in the 100% deposit match promo to claim it.
|Online Casino||PokerStars Casino|
|PokerStars Bonus Code||Click to claim promo|
|Deposit Match Bonus||100% up to $600|
|Legal States||MI, NJ & PA|
|Last Updated||February 2023|
How to claim the PokerStars Casino welcome bonus
Once you’ve created a PokerStars Casino account, you’ll need to do a few things to claim the 100% match bonus:
- Your first deposit at PokerStars is matched 100% for up to $600. So, you’ll need to make a deposit, if you want to receive the full $600 in bonus funds, you must deposit $600 or more.
- You’ll then need to clear the bonus credits at the rate of $1 per two redemption points that you earn. PokerStars Casino offers these redemption points at different rates for different games, mostly based on the return-to-player rates of the games.
- For example, you’ll receive one redemption point for every $3 that you bet on a slot with an RTP between 87.20% and 90.85%, but you’ll get one point for every $12 that you bet on a slot with an RTP between 97.22% and 97.44%. Play Jacks or Better video poker, and it’s one redemption point for every $70 you bet. On Double Deck Atlantic City Blackjack, meanwhile, it’s one for every $145 you bet.
As you can see, depending on the games you play, the wagering requirement ranges from challenging to near impossible. Remember, though, you can clear this bonus $1 at a time. Lastly, you have seven days to clear the bonus funds before they are removed from your account.
PokerStars Rewards and ongoing casino promos
PokerStars’ rewards program, Stars Rewards, is open to all PokerStars Casino players. It’s free, and you can join and start accruing rewards simply by hitting the “Start” button on the rewards widget.
Basically, you earn reward points for all your casino play. These points help fill up your progress bar. Once it’s full, you’ll receive a chest. Chests contain StarsCoin, which you can exchange at the PokerStars Rewards Store for cash, free spins, and other rewards. You earn rewards points at a rate of $0.25 to $20.50 in bets per point, depending on the RTP of the game you’re playing. It’s a decent value, particularly for high-volume players.
Additionally, PokerStars Casino ups the value by offering a variety of ongoing promotions:
- Daily Free Casino Bonus: A chance to win up to $500 every day.
- Tuesday Treat: A chance to win one of five $50 bonuses every Tuesday.
- Daily Blackjack Insurance: Get 50% back (as a casino bonus) on your first five blackjack hands every day.
- Casino Races: Casino game leaderboards with cash prizes in 24-hour races every day and 20-minute quick races.
All legal PokerStars online casino states
|State||Play Now?||Partner||Launch Date|
|New Jersey||Yes||Resorts Casino Hotel||March 2016|
|Pennsylvania||Yes||Mount Airy Casino Resort||November 2019|
|Michigan||Yes||Odawa Casinos||January 2021|
Legal PokerStars Casino states
PokerStars Casino had to wait a little while for regulatory approval in New Jersey. While online gambling launched in November 2013, PokerStars did not go live with its casino until March 2016. When it finally did launch, under the Resorts Casino Hotel license, the familiar market-leading online poker software also included access to a small number of online casino games.
It has added dozens more since then, turning the casino into an online gambling product that stands tall on its own. Although it is embedded in the PokerStars client alongside a sportsbook and that world-famous online poker software, PokerStars Casino does its own marketing, attracting casino players with little or no interest in poker with ongoing casino promos and bonuses specifically for casino players.
PokerStars Casino in Michigan
PokerStars launched its online casino, online poker, and online sportsbook package in Michigan in January 2021 through a partnership with the Little Traverse Bay Bands of Odawa Indians Gaming Authority and Odawa Casino Petoskey.
It has generated more than $25 million in online gambling revenue since its launch. While that’s well behind Michigan market leaders like BetMGM Casino, FanDuel, and DraftKings, it’s ahead of most of the rest of the tribal-casino-based online casinos in the state.
|PokerStars Michigan Bonus Code||None – Click to claim promo|
|Deposit Match Bonus||100% up to $600|
|Casino Partner||Odawa Casinos|
|Last Updated||February 4, 2023|
PokerStars Casino in Pennsylvania
PokerStars launched its online casino, online poker and online sportsbook package in Pennsylvania in November 2019 through a partnership with Mount Airy Casino Resort.
Overall, it is generating around $5 million a month in revenue from slots, close to $2 million from table games and a little more than $2 million from poker. That puts it fourth in online gambling revenue in the state, behind leaders Hollywood (Hollywood, DraftKings, and BetMGM brands), Rivers Philadelphia (BetRivers, SugarHouse and Borgata brands), and Valley Forge (FanDuel/Stardust).
|PokerStars Pennsylvania Bonus Code||None – Click to claim promo|
|Deposit Match Offer||100% up to $600|
|Casino Partner||Mount Airy Casino Resort|
|Last Updated||February 4, 2023|
PokerStars Casino in New Jersey
The name PokerStars evokes images of online poker for most. After all, the word poker is built right in, and PokerStars is the world’s biggest online poker site. But the thing is, these days, PokerStars is so much more than just online poker in New Jersey.
Alongside Resorts, DraftKings and Mohegan Sun, PokerStars Casino has helped the Resorts New Jersey online gambling license generate more than $560 million in revenue since launch, putting it in third place behind only market leaders Golden Nugget and Borgata.
|PokerStars NJ Bonus Code||None – Click to claim promo|
|Deposit Match||100% up to $600|
|Casino Partner||Resorts Casino Hotel|
|Last Updated||February 2023|
How to create an account
You can create a new account at PokerStars Casino by following these simple steps:
- Head to the PokerStars Casino site, select your state, and hit the “Join” button.
- Fill in the details on the account form, including your email address, username, and password.
- Answer the various consent questions and accept the terms and conditions on the second page of the form.
- Select “Create Account” at the bottom of the form.
- Remember to opt into both welcome bonus to claim up to $600 in bonus funds from PokerStars Casino.
PokerStars Casino review
Even though PokerStars Casino’s roots are in poker and PokerStars, it has built an online casino product good enough to compete with the best online casinos in the country.
The welcome offer gives you up to $600 in casino credits. That’s generous compared to some of the other bonuses out there. But there’s not a no deposit bonus, which you will find at some casinos. The minimum deposit is $10. Plus, there is a variable wagering requirement attached, ranging anywhere from about 6x to 492x the bonus, depending on your games of choice. Suddenly, the no deposit bonus of $30 that has just a one-time wagering requirement that you can get at Virgin Casino starts to look like a better value.
Still, PokerStars Casino does offer some increased value to loyal players through its large list of ongoing promos and the PokerStars Rewards program. PokerStars Rewards lets you accrue points at a rate of one point per $0.25 to $20.50 in bets, depending on which games you play, and eventually be able to claim perks like cash, free spins, and other rewards. It’s a great value for most players. All that’s missing is the connection to a land-based loyalty program you’ll get at places like Caesars or BetMGM. These offer real-life rewards that, whether they actually do or not, appear to have even more value.
The online casino is embedded within the PokerStars software, and the connection to sports betting and online poker is seamless. You only need one account, so it’s really just a matter of clicking the right tab for the type of gambling you want to try at any moment.
Other than that, navigation under the PokerStars Casino tab is as simple as it gets. It organizes the games into the typical casino categories with large game tiles and the odd promo tab telling you what’s going on at the moment. If only those game tiles gave you access to a little more game info, like the ones at Golden Nugget. Then, the PokerStars software would really have it all.
A few customizable options, like 888casino has, might go a long way toward improving customer satisfaction levels, as well. In terms of game selection, PokerStars Casino lands somewhere in the middle between the smallest online casinos like Virgin and Tropicana, and market leaders like Golden Nugget and Caesars, which each has upwards of 800 games. But PokerStars is growing, particularly in new markets like Pennsylvania and Michigan where regulators have been slower to approve a larger library of games.
The bottom line is that PokerStars Casino can stand up against even its top-grossing online casino competitors in most states. Sure, its roots are in poker, but the experience feels built for online casino players. Still, don’t expect PokerStars Casino to do for online casinos what the PokerStars poker site has done for online poker. It’s a serviceable online casino product, not a game-changer.
How to download the PokerStars Casino app
You can play casino games like real money blackjack, roulette, and slots on your iOS or Android phone or tablet using the PokerStars Casino app. There’s a download link on the PokerStars Casino website that’ll detect what kind of mobile device you’re on and send you to the right place to download and install the app.
Online slots at PokerStars Casino
PokerStars has over 200 slots in New Jersey and a growing list in Pennsylvania and Michigan. That means a decent selection of progressive jackpot slots, popular real money slots from casino floors across the US, and old-school reel classics. There are penny slots and high limit slots with RTPs ranging from 87.20% to over 99%.
Top 5 real money slots at PokerStars
- Divine Fortune: Ancient Greek-themed progressive jackpot slot with 20 paylines and a 96.6% RTP. It’s a favorite at most online casinos, with a rep for paying out big progressives.
- Mercy of the Gods: Another progressive jackpot slot that makes the favorites list at most online casinos. This one has an Egyptian mythology theme, 20 paylines and a 96.64% RTP.
- Megaways Bonanza: Hillbilly gold-mine themed slot with six reels and a 96% RTP. It also features the Megaways 117,649-ways-to-win mechanics.
- Narcos: Three-row and five-reel 96.23% RTP slot with 243 paylines based on the popular Netflix drug cartel series.
- Blood Suckers: Popular vampire-themed slot that no online casino seems complete without. The 98% RTP makes it a penny slot player’s favorite.
PokerStars Casino has a small selection of online table games in New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and Michigan, up to and including its own versions of the following:
- Atlantic City Blackjack
- Atlantic City Premium Blackjack
- Atlantic City Double Deck Blackjack
- Classic Blackjack
- Double Deck Blackjack
- Premium Blackjack
- European Blackjack
- European Roulette
- Heads Up Hold’em
- American Roulette
- High Roller Blackjack
- High Roller Roulette
Live dealer casino games
Live dealer games successfully combine the speed and accuracy of betting and payouts from gambling online with the trustworthiness and familiar traditions of live casino table games. The live dealer games at PokerStars Casino in New Jersey, Pennsylvania and Michigan play out inside Evolution Gaming studios in each state. You can watch a simulcast and place bets through the available online betting interface. Here are the live dealer games you’ll find in New Jersey:
- Infinite Blackjack
- American Roulette
- Auto Lightning Roulette
Live dealer games in Pennsylvania:
- Infinite Blackjack
- Ultimate Texas Hold’em
- Three Card Poker
- American Roulette
- Auto Roulette
Live dealer games in Michigan:
PokerStars Casino has many of its own versions of the following video poker games available in New Jersey, Pennsylvania and Michigan:
- Jacks or Better
- Deuces Wild
- Double Bonus Poker
- Double Double Bonus Poker
- Joker Poker
- Triple Bonus Poker
- Tens or Better
- Aces & Faces
- All American
- Deuces & Joker
- Aces & Eights
How does PokerStars Casino compare to other US online casinos?
While you may think of PokerStars for online poker, not online casino games, PokerStars Casino by PokerStars now has a robust casino game library in three states, as well as ongoing promos and a welcome offer designed exclusively for casino players.
Ultimately, that means PokerStars Casino likely has something for you, even if you’ve never played a hand of online poker in your life. These kinds of things help PokerStars Casino compare favorably to online casino competitors across the US. Looking at bonuses, promos, and game selection — among the things we usually compare when reviewing US online casinos — PokerStars stands up well to the competition:
What’s great about PokerStars casino
- New player bonus: It can be tough to clear, but you can do it incrementally. And with upwards of $600 in bonus credits available just for making a deposit and betting a dollar, you’re not risking that much.
- Ongoing promos: PokerStars Casino has a number of daily, weekly and monthly bonuses designed for casino players. They’re small, but you get PokerStars Rewards, too, offering loyal players all kinds of value.
- Game selection: PokerStars Casino does not have the 800-plus games Caesars and Golden Nugget have, but it has a lot of choices to suit a variety of tastes.
Areas in need of improvement
- Wagering requirements: If it’s possible you may have to bet 1,230x a bonus to clear it, the wagering requirements are entirely too high.
- Standalone casino app: If PokerStars really wants to compete with the giants in the online casino industry, we need to see a standalone casino-only app.
- More fun: The online casino interface at PokerStars Casino doesn’t scream fun as some online casino competitors do. A little more action on the page, like video-action game tiles or a scrolling winners list, would go a long way toward keeping casino players interested.
PokerStars Casino banking by state
|New Jersey||Major credit and debit cards, E-checks, PayNearMe, PayPal, Resorts Casino, Skrill, Vanilla Direct|
|Pennsylvania||Major credit and debit cards, E-checks, Online bank transfers, PayNearMe, PayPal|
|Michigan||Major credit and debit cards, E-checks, Online bank transfers, PayNearMe, PayPal, Paysafecard|
In all three states, PokerStars handles withdrawal requests within 48 hours, giving you your money back through your chosen deposit method within five business days. If that deposit method cannot process withdrawals, PokerStars will send you a check in the mail, which you should receive within two weeks.
PokerStars has a “Help” tab on its sites in each state that contains answers to most questions. You can also contact @StarsSupport on Twitter for help, or you can use an email contact form on the website.
PokerStars Casino — retail locations
|New Jersey||Resorts Casino Hotel||1133 Boardwalk, Atlantic City, NJ 08401||609-340-6300|
|Pennsylvania||Mount Airy Casino Resort||312 Woodland Rd, Mt Pocono, PA 18344||877-682-4791|
|Michigan||Odawa Casino||1760 Lears Road, Petoskey, MI 49770||877-442-6464|
PokerStars Casino’s entry into the US market
The first legal and regulated online poker and casino sites in the US launched almost three years before PokerStars came to New Jersey. When PokerStars NJ did finally go live in March 2016, it was more than just poker, but only a little bit more, adding just a handful of casino games and slots to its best-in-class online poker software.
A sportsbook joined the fold when online sports betting became legal, and PokerStars continued to add to a growing casino game library until the offering under the software’s casino tab was big enough to compare to other casino-only products available in the state.
Then, PokerStars really stepped out on its own by offering ongoing promos specifically for casino players and a welcome bonus built exclusively for new casino players. PokerStars Casino has remained embedded in the PokerStars software alongside online poker and sports betting.
The whole package went live in Pennsylvania in November 2019 through a partnership with Mount Airy Casino Resort. Then, in January 2021, it launched in Michigan through a partnership with Odawa Casino.
Online poker is still a big part of what PokerStars is doing, but the online casino is already driving larger revenue numbers. With operations in three states, if the revenue numbers keep stacking up like this, PokerStars may soon go all-in on online casinos in the near future.