Nick Garcia is a senior reporter for PlayUSA. He has reported on and analyzed the US sports betting, iGaming, and online casino markets since 2017.
Garcia reported first hand from inside the US Supreme Court following the repeal of PASPA in 2018 and continues to report on the expanding sports betting market in the midwest.
Before covering the gambling industry, Garcia reported on politics and labor in Chicago. He received his bachelor’s degree from Texas Tech University and holds a master’s degree in journalism from Columbia College Chicago.
Stories written about Illinois sports betting
- PlayUSA: Is Illinois the next US gambling mecca?
- PlayUSA: DraftKings, FanDuel spent $1 million on campaign contribution as sports betting expands
- Legal Sports Report: Shakeup in Illinois politics could open the door for gambling expansion
- Online Poker Report: Illinois sports betting and online casino up for debate in legislature this week
Stories written about DC sports betting
- PlayUSA: DC small businesses push for single supplier sports betting process
- Legal Sports Report: Council aims to bring DC sports betting to the nation’s capital by 2019
Sports betting and iGaming article highlights
- PlayUSA: Analysing the short-lived sports betting monopoly in the south
- Legal Sports Report: Attorney general wants to fund pensions with Kentucky sports betting revenue
- Legal Sports Report: Why the odds on legalizing NY online sports betting in 2020 just got worse
- Online Poker Report: West Virginia begins first formal preparations for online casino gambling
- Online Poker Report: Is multi-state online poker in the cards for Pennsylvania any time soon?