Fast, reliable, and user-friendly cashouts are one of the building blocks of an ultimate online casino experience, no question about it. It is crucial to have your winnings as quickly and securely as possible in your playing account. This is why state-sanctioned online casinos in the US have partnered with leading online payment processors to facilitate these transactions.
A withdrawal requires completing a couple of essential steps, which can be a handful for newcomers to online casino gaming. This article will tell you all about how cashouts work in leading state-regulated online casinos in the US work, plus the essential details of the process, so stay tuned.
How do I withdraw money from online casinos?
The withdrawal procedure is generally quite simple, with a couple of straightforward steps you need to follow, and it all starts with your account registration. This sign-up procedure requires you to provide personal details. These include your name, email, address, DOB, the last four digits of your social security number, and other information that serves the purpose of verifying your account and making sure that you are of the typical age for legal gambling: 21 years old.
You must understand that only verified accounts can play for real money in regulated online casinos in New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Michigan, and West Virginia.
The verification procedure is completed automatically in most cases, based on the info you supply. However, such automatic verification is not possible in some instances, which is why players need to send their ID copies, proof of address, card statement, and other documents to the casino.
The verification procedure can be quite a bore, but it is a guarantee the casino abides by the rules and regulations of the state and that you are in a safe and fair gambling environment.
After the technical details are out of the way, the usual casino cashing out procedure is completed by following a couple of simple steps:
- Log in to your account
- Go to the Cashier section
- Click on the Withdraw button
- Select your preferred method
- Input the amount you wish to withdraw
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process
Do online casinos and sportsbooks actually pay out?
Yes. Paying out players’ winnings without delay is a mandatory precondition that every online casino needs to meet if it is to be marked as safe, fair, and legit in a regulated environment.
Offshore online casinos are not under the jurisdiction of US states and therefore are under no obligation to follow strict casino cash out rules. This might lead to false postponement of your rightful winnings under the pretense of rule-breaking and other falsities.
On the other hand, with legal online casinos that a specific state has regulated, no such issues will ever arise. Some of the main benefits of regulated gambling sites, related to payments, are:
- Guaranteed Payouts — Licensed online casinos must pay out every dollar you win under the strict licensing rules that the state-sponsored regulator imposes. Otherwise, they wouldn’t be able to obtain their licenses.
- Fast Transactions — All payouts in licensed online casinos are processed at fast speeds.
- Casino Cage Payouts — The majority of online casinos had to have partnered with land-based casinos, allowing players to withdraw their winnings at those casinos’ cash cages almost instantly.
- Reputable Payment Gateways — Regulated online casinos offer the services of payment processors such as PayPal, ACH bank transfers, known for only doing business with safe and regulated online casino sites.
- No Fees — Regulated gambling sites usually charge no fees for either deposits or withdrawals.
How much money can you cash out at a casino?
Casino cash out limits and the size of your payout depends on multiple factors. Among other things, it differs based on the online casino you are playing in and the payment method you have selected.
Online casinos usually impose restrictions on how much you can withdraw per transaction, as do payment processors. What’s more, some online casinos will limit the number of cashouts you can request per day, week, or month, which will affect the amount of money you can withdraw. Also, the withdrawal’s size will depend on your player status within a specific casino. The higher your VIP status, the bigger the withdrawal limits.
Here’s a quick overview of the minimum and maximum withdrawals at some of the leading online casinos in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Michigan, and West Virginia.
|Online Casino||Minimum Amount||Maximum Amount|
|DraftKings Casino||$15 (only for checks, other methods have no minimum withdrawal amounts)||Depends on the method (No max limit per transaction for checks; PayPal $14,999; Casino Cage at Resorts Casino & Hotel in Atlantic City: $100K; ACH banking $10)|
|FanDuel Casino||$10||Depends on the method (for example, for PayPal, it’s $10,000 per transaction)|
|BetMGM Casino||$10||Depends on the method ($100K for Casino Cage withdrawals; PayPal $25K, Check $50K, Skrill $10K, Play+ $10K, VIP Preferred $100K, Online Banking $5,000, Instant Bank Transfers $50K)|
|Golden Nugget Casino||$10||No max limit per transaction for wire transfers (Play+ $25K Max or $100K for VIP Program; PayPal $250K Max; Check $10K Max; Cash at Casino Cage $10K max)|
|BetRivers Casino||$10||$25,000 for online banking, cash at the casino cage, and check. For details on the Play+ card, you will have to contact Sightline, which handles all card inquiries.|
|Caesars Casino||$10 (no minimum for a Casino Cage withdrawal)||No max withdrawal|
|Virgin Casino||ACH withdrawal: $5, Casino Cage withdrawal: $50, Check withdrawal: $20||ACH: $5K per transaction
Cage: No maximum
|Tropicana Casino||ACH withdrawal: $5, Casino Cage withdrawal: $50, Check withdrawal: $20||ACH: $5K per transaction
Cage: No maximum
Average withdrawal time by payment method
When you are playing in a state-regulated online casino, the withdrawals are as fast as they can be. The fastest withdrawal method by far is the withdrawal you make at the casino cage, if such an option is available. In that case, you can have your winnings paid out almost instantaneously.
The average waiting time for a withdrawal to clear when using e-wallets such as PayPal or Skrill is between 24 – 48 hours. Withdrawals made through online banking methods usually take no longer than five business days.
The longest you’ll probably have to wait is when you use a check by courier service, which can take up to 15 business days.
On the flip side, if you opt for an offshore and unregulated online casino, you might be forced to wait for weeks until your withdrawals clear. That’s, of course, if they clear in the first place since these online platforms are notorious for withholding payments or not paying their players at all.
|Casino||Cash at Casino Cage||Wire Transfer||PayPal / Skrill||Prepaid +||Couriered Check||Online Banking
/ e-Check(ACH/VIP Preferred, etc.)
|DraftKings||Within an Hour||N/A||2-6 business days||N/A||7-14 business days||3-6 business days|
|FanDuel||N/A||3-5 business days||24-48 hours||24-36 hours||7-10 business days||3-5 business days|
|BetMGM||Instant||5-7 business days||Up to 48 hours||Instant-24 hours||7-20 business days||2 business days|
|Golden Nugget||Instant||5-7 business days||Up to 48 hours||Instant||2-3 weeks||2 business days|
|BetRivers||Instant||N/A||N/A||Instant||10-14 business days||2-5 business days|
|Caesars||Instant||N/A||3 days||3 days||N/A||5 business days|
|Virgin||Instant||N/A||N/A||N/A||10-15 business days||3-5 business days|
|Tropicana||Instant||N/A||N/A||N/A||10-15 business days||3-5 business dats|
Online casino payment options
All licensed online casinos in each of the states that have regulated online casino gambling will offer an array of reliable and safe payment methods that fully meet the needs of local players. Here are some of them, along with examples of how they work:
- Bank Transfer / ACH: Bank transfers are an ACH payment product that allows you to transfer funds directly from your casino account to your bank accounts without any redirects. By entering the amount you wish to transfer, the bank account number, and the ABA/routing number, you initiate the process, which should take approximately 24 to 48 hours.
- Bank Wire: A bank wire transfer is a traditional banking method that works similarly to online bank transfers; however bank wire transfers are slower and might require your presence when you want to cash out the wins. But be aware some casinos, such as the Golden Nugget, won’t impose any max withdrawal limits.
- PayPal: PayPal is the world’s most famous e-wallet, widely accepted in state-regulated online casinos. To send the profits to your PayPal account, you need to type in the amount you want to transfer and the PayPal account details and verify the transaction. The funds will arrive within 24 to 48 hours. Remember that, to use PayPal as a withdrawal method, most online casinos, such as BetMGM, will demand you use it as a deposit method first.
- Skrill: Skrill is another acclaimed e-wallet that works in much the same way as PayPal. Under the Withdrawal tab, you need to select the Skrill logo and the amount you wish to withdraw, and the system will do the rest since all the info it needs has already been provided through the initial deposit.
- Play+: As its name suggests, Play+ is a payment system through which players receive prepaid debit cards from leading card issuers, such as Visa, Discover, Mastercard. You can then fund the account through various means or use it to withdraw your winnings at any ATM. There are dozens of online casinos that accept Play+.
- Couriered Check: Courier checks are standard physical checks you can cash in and thus get your winnings from the online casino.
- Cash: Most regulated online casinos have a land-based casino as a partner, which allows you to cash out at the casino cage. Note that you need to contact customer support before you arrive. This is an instant method with one of the most generous limits.
Can I cash out if I claimed a casino bonus?
Most, if not all, online casinos will allow you to withdraw your cash balance at any time. However, suppose a portion of your funds is associated with the deposit bonus. In that case, any attempt to withdraw the full amount will result in the immediate forfeiture of all associated bonuses and possible winnings accumulated from them unless you have met the wagering requirements. Only after the wagering and other requirements have been met can you freely withdraw the full cash balance.
What can I do if an online casino refuses to payout?
One of the most significant advantages of playing in a state-licensed online casino is that you will never have to face unjust withholding of funds as you would in offshore online casinos. Offshore online casinos do not have to answer to virtually any authority. Their so-called cooperation with independent agencies for solving disputes is nothing but a bogus move to reassure players.
In case there’s an issue with your account in a licensed casino, you can always communicate with the staff and see your issue resolved. If the problem persists, you can always convey your problem to the state’s regulatory authority.
For example, in New Jersey, the NJ Division of Gaming Enforcement is the state’s gambling regulator. You can file a formal dispute with the site directly by filling out the appropriate form and following further instructions. For additional questions, you can always contact the NJ DGE by sending an email at [email protected] or dialing (609) 984-0909.
If you are playing in a Michigan-regulated online casino and the complaint has not been resolved to your satisfaction, it is time for the Michigan Control Board to step in. You can file a formal complaint by filing in this patron complaint form, and rest easy knowing the agency will look into it with care. For further inquiries on the status of your complaint, you can contact the MCB by calling 313-456-4100 or sending an email at [email protected]
In West Virginia, the West Virginia Lottery Commission is tasked with overseeing all online casinos and gambling. In the case of a dispute unresolved by the operator, you can reach out to the commission by sending an email at [email protected] or calling the phone number. 800-982-2274
In Pennsylvania, casino patrons can contact the Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board within 30 days of an alleged unresolved incident, and file a complaint or dispute, depending on the nature of the problem. The PGCB will react promptly and notify you of the outcome. You can contact the authority by sending an email at [email protected] or calling the Hearings and Appeals Office at (717) 265-7451.