Inspired Gaming has truly come up with an inspired slot idea. It seems like someone at the company made a pun about The Expendables, and someone else insisted they turn that into a game. While army eggs seem a bit contrived at first, the game tries to crack the shell of skeptical players by seriously committing to the gag. There are sergeant, lieutenant, general, and paratrooper eggs who bring an array of bonuses, including wilds and free spins. Eggspendables has some high potential wins, with a maximum payout of $250,000.
Slots to try next
What makes Eggspendables slot great
The charming design and interesting bonus features make Eggspendables stand out from the pack.
- Upgrade your bonus features: Transform the basic sergeant bonus into the lieutenant bonus with enough luck.
- High RTP: Projected returns of 96.8% put this game above most competitors.
- Original theme: An egg army is something we’ve never seen before.
How Eggspendables slot could improve
While this slot shines with its concepts, it doesn’t always stick the landing with regard to execution.
- Mixed visual execution: The theme and concept are great, but the execution is often clumsy and somewhat unappealing.
- Overly confusing, redundant bonus features: The three different egg bonuses seem somewhat scattered and often fill similar roles.
- Top-heavy design: All the major bonus features are similarly difficult to trigger, which can make gameplay seem duller than it should with so much variety.
|Volatility||Medium to High|
|Min / Max Bet||$0.20 - $200|
|# of Paylines||20|
|Max Free Spins||20|
|Bonus Features||Mystery reels, exploding wilds, free spins, respins|
Free and Real Money Inspired Slots
How to play Eggspendables slot online
Eggspendables is a 4×5 slot that awards wins for combinations of 2-5 like symbols, with mystery symbols that can randomly transform into other symbols. The slot plays on 20 fixed paylines, and you can use a convenient drop-down menu to set your bet from $0.20 to $200.
Try the game out for free on this page if you’d like to get a feel for it before you start betting real money. If you run out of play money, you can continue playing until you’re satisfied by refreshing the page. If you enjoy Eggspendables and want to play slots for real money, we recommend using a no-deposit bonus from one of the highly-ranked online casinos operating in the US. Before you sign up, make sure you’ve compared the bonus offers. You can get the latest bonus codes at the links posted below.
Bonus and jackpots for Eggspendables (Rating of 2/5)
While Eggspendables has many bonus features on paper, most of them have problems that hold them back from being satisfying. For instance, there’s a random chance of getting respins after any spin involving a mystery symbol. The mystery symbols lock into place, and the reels respin until you have a spin without an extra mystery symbol, at which point they randomly transform. It’s different, but it’s not very meaningful in practice. There are also three major bonuses that stem from the sergeant, lieutenant, and general eggs.
- Sergeant bonus: When you land 5-9 sergeant symbols in a continuous group, you trigger the sergeant bonus. At this point, you spin a spoon to either win x10 your total bet or receive an upgrade to the lieutenant bonus. With 10-14 sergeant symbols, you can also upgrade directly to the lieutenant bonus.
- Lieutenant bonus: Whether you land 10-14 lieutenant symbols in an adjacent block or start the bonus with an upgrade from the sergeant bonus, you start the game with six free spins. This is quite a low number for such an exclusive bonus feature, but retriggering is fairly generous. Every lieutenant egg that lands on the reel awards an extra free spin, and three lieutenants award six extra spins. On top of that, any lieutenant that lands on the reels will explode and create up to five wild symbols on the reels.
- General bonus: The general bonus is the most difficult bonus to trigger, as it requires 15-20 general symbols, and it’s the only feature that has the kind of personality the rest of the game needs. It awards 15 free spins and introduces paratrooper symbols that collect in a plane above the reels. These paratroopers leap to the reels and become wild when general symbols land.
While slots with complicated features usually make up for it with variety, balance, and depth, Eggspendables’ bonuses are confusing. The requirements to trigger the top bonuses are quite high, and they’re just two different types of free spins and a modest coin win. The best thing about the bonus features is the paratroopers jumping onto the reels and the lieutenant exploding, and that’s the military slapstick energy this game needed more of.
Eggspendables graphics and visuals (Rating of 3/5)
This game gets points for its unusual concept, but the visuals often appear cheap. The background has a bland, low-poly look, and many of the symbols also look a bit poor. However, there are no generic symbols here, and there’s quite a bit of original art in line with the theme. Overall, the graphics are a mixed bag, with a concept that’s better than the execution.
Eggspendables gameplay (Rating of 4/5)
Eggspendables thrives on its core gameplay, with an excellent bet range of $0.20 – $200, a satisfying gameplay pace, and excellent RTP. There are a reasonable number of options available, such as autoplay and left-handed mode to reorient the interface. Overall, this slot is friendly to all budgets and rewarding to play.
Overall rating for Eggspendables by Inspired Gaming (Rating of 3/5)
Eggspendables is an unfortunate case of unrealized potential, and we’d like to see Inspired Gaming make a sequel with a more coherent design and better execution. However, the entertainment value is enough to earn a 3/5 score from us.