Saratoga Casino Hotel
Saratoga Casino Hotel, formerly Saratoga Casino and Raceway, is an establishment located in Saratoga Springs, New York. Apart from a half-mile standardbred racetrack, the venue also includes a racino and a hotel, which are part of the grandstand. Don’t confuse Saratoga Casino Hotel with Saratoga Race Course, which is a different racing avenue.
This New York casino is located on the first floor of the grandstand, occupying 55,000 square feet and featuring more than 1,200 video lottery terminals, video poker, keno, and electronic table games. In addition to standard options, the casino also features a high-limit betting room and a VIP lounge.
The hotel occupies 123,000 square feet and offers 117 luxurious rooms for its visitors. In addition, Saratoga Casino and Hotel also offers six dining options, a bar/nightclub called Vapor, and more.
Saratoga Casino Hotel details
- Name: Saratoga Casino Hotel (formerly Saratoga Casino and Raceway)
- Address: 342 Jefferson St., Saratoga Springs, NY
- Phone number: 518-584-2110
- Hours of operation: Daily, from 8 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Games available: 1,200+ video slots, electronic table games, keno, and video poker
Saratoga Casino Hotel gaming & facilities
|Saratoga Casino Hotel
|No; only horse betting
|Available via the Saratoga Club loyalty program
|Morton’s The Steakhouse, Garden Buffet, Lucky Joe’s, Fortunes, Perks Cafe
|Vapor, Mane Bar
|Four-diamond hotel with 117 rooms, an indoor pool, and many other amenities.
Saratoga Casino Hotel slot machines
Saratoga Casino Hotel offers a diverse collection of video slots, with over 1,200 machines available on the casino floor. Visitors can find games from industry-leading slot companies like IGT, Everi, Bally, and SG.
More importantly, the available slots vary in terms of betting limits, as they range from penny slots to $25 machines. If you want to play the latter, you’ll need to visit the high-limit area, where you’ll find around 50 options for high rollers. Some games worth checking out here include Wheel of Fortune, Nefertiti, and Triple Double Diamond.
Saratoga Casino Hotel often updates its slot collection, meaning you can regularly try new slot titles. However, it also features some legendary slots, including Lock It Link, 88 Fortunes, Ocean Magic Grand, IGT Red Hot Respin Double Diamond, Playboy Quick Hit, Jinse Dao, and Hexogems. The full collection of slots is lengthy, so it’s best to take your time when visiting Saratoga to check out all your options.
Does Saratoga Casino Hotel offer a poker/card room?
The Saratoga Hotel and Casino doesn’t have a dedicated poker room. In fact, poker against other players isn’t available on this property at all. The only sort of similar games you can play at Saratoga is Three Card Poker (via electronic tables) and video poker.
Does Saratoga Casino Hotel have a sportsbook?
Sports betting isn’t available in Saratoga at the moment, but that may change in the future, as online sports betting and in-person sports betting are both legal in New York. You can always check what’s available before visiting.
If you’re interested in betting on horse racing, though, Saratoga allows that, including simulcast bets. As a matter of fact, this has been the primary type of gambling at the venue.
Saratoga Club rewards program
Saratoga offers a four-tier loyalty program called the Saratoga Club. Joining the club is free, and you can immediately start receiving various promotions and rewards. If you’re an active player, you can collect points and progress through tiers. Here’s how tiers are distributed and what each one brings:
- Signature (0 to 500 points) — Earn promotional entries and points, take part in Point Multiplier Days, redeem points for free play, get various discounts, hotel room offers and birthday gifts, and more.
- Preferred (501 to 1,500 points) — Everything from the previous package, as well as increased discounts, invitations to special events, and exclusive gifts.
- Premier (1,501 to 10,000 points) — Get a range of offers, free credit card advance, priority hotel reservations, access to various entertainment and sports events, complimentary drinks, and everything from the previous tiers.
- Elite (10,001-plus points) — Get everything from the previous tiers, along with complimentary hotel rooms, personalized service, VIP lounge access, and discounted trips to Las Vegas.
How do you earn points at Saratoga Casino Hotel?
Once you become a member of the Saratoga Club, you’ll get a card. Then all you’ll need to do is insert it when playing slots or electronic table games and place bets with it. Whenever you make a wager, you’ll earn points.
Can you get free play at Saratoga Casino Hotel?
Free play is only available when you collect points via the Saratoga Club. Once you decide it’s time to redeem points, you can convert them to free play.
Saratoga Casino Hotel history and current owners
Saratoga Casino Hotel opened in 1941, which makes it one of the oldest racetracks in the area. It was initially just a raceway with room for around 4,000 spectators, giving them a chance to enjoy horse racing at the half-mile track. After video lottery terminals became legal in 2001, Saratoga started building the casino floor to expand its services beyond horse wagering.
It officially became the first racino in New York in 2004. Before introducing slots, it operated as the Saratoga Raceway, but it later changed that to Saratoga Casino and Raceway. As of recently, it simply goes by Saratoga Casino Hotel, placing emphasis on the casino aspect of the facility. This change took place in 2016 after the hotel opened.
New York casinos
- Akwesasne Mohawk Casino Resort
- Batavia Downs Gaming & Hotel
- Del Lago Resort & Casino
- Empire City Casino at Yonkers Raceway
- Finger Lakes Gaming & Casino
- Hamburg Gaming Buffalo Raceway
- Lakeside Entertainment
- Resorts World Casino New York City
- Resorts World Catskills Casino
- Rivers Casino & Resort Schenectady
- Seneca Allegany Casino
- Seneca Buffalo Creek Casino
- Seneca Gaming in Salamanca
- Seneca Gaming Oil Spring
- Seneca Irving Gaming Center
- Seneca Niagara Resort & Casino
- Tioga Downs Casino Resort
- Turning Stone Resort Casino
- Vernon Downs Casino Hotel
- Yellow Brick Road Casino
Saratoga Harness Racing owns and operates Saratoga Casino Hotel.
Coffee, tea, soda, juice, and water are free to guests on the gambling floor. Alcoholic beverages are available, but not for free.
You need to be at least 18 years old to access the facility and play games.
No. Saratoga Casino Hotel is a smoke-free property and does not permit smoking inside its gambling facility or any indoor areas.
In addition to the hotel, casino, and raceway, Saratoga also offers various dining options, bars, and clubs.
Some of the things worth checking out are Saratoga Spa State Park, the National Museum of Racing and Hall of Fame, and Saratoga Race Course.
There are currently around 1,200 slots at the Saratoga Casino Hotel.