Yellow Brick Road Casino
Yellow Brick Road is a gambling establishment in Chittenango, New York, around 13 miles east of Syracuse. It was inspired by “The Wizard of Oz,” written by a Chittenango native, Lyman Frank Baum. The casino is under the operation of the Oneida Nation — a Native American tribe that also runs the Turning Stone Casino Resort in Verona and the Point Place Casino in Bridgeport.
The 67,000-square-foot casino floor houses over 400 slots, 14 table games and a sportsbook. Players can take part in the operator’s TS Rewards loyalty program and claim regular promotions to get free play and other rewards.
The NY casino, which opened in 2015, also includes four bars and restaurants and The East End center, where guests can take part in golf, bowling and entertainment events. You must be 18 or older to gamble at the Yellow Brick Road Casino.
YBR Casino & Sports Book details
- Name: Yellow Brick Road Casino
- Address: 800 W. Genesee St., Chittenango, NY 13037
- Phone number: 315-366-9400
- Hours of operation: 24/7
- Games available: 400 slots, 14 table games
Yellow Brick Road Casino gambling and facilities
|Yellow Brick Road Casino
|Yes, The Lounge with Caesars Sports
|Burgers of Madison County, Heart & Courage Saloon, Wicked Good Pizza
Yellow Brick Road Casino slot machines
Yellow Brick Road Casino offers over 400 slot machines, including popular game series like Dragon Link and Lightning Link and titles like Triple Red 7s, Wheel of Fortune and Quick Hits Wild Red, to name a few. What’s more, the casino regularly adds new slot games, so you can also expect to find the latest machines there.
Here are some of the most popular real money slots you can play at Yellow Brick Road Casino:
- Red Hot Tamales! — This is a Mexican-themed slot from IGT. It has three betting levels and the Blackout Pays feature, which can award progressive jackpots at two levels.
- Siberian Storm — The IGT blockbuster belongs to the prominent FireHorse group of slots. Its hexagonal game grid, 720 ways to win, a 96% return-to-player rate and a popular wildlife theme keep players coming back for more.
- Jackpot Inferno — This Everi video slot has 50 paylines and a jackpot feature. Its Jackpot Jump feature can surprise you by raising your previously locked progressive one level, awarding a potentially huge win.
- Buffalo Gold — This title is one of the most popular video slots of all time. From Aristocrat, it boasts a mesmerizing prairie wildlife theme, unlimited free games, multipliers and a gold bonus that has the potential to bring buffalo-sized payouts.
- Cleopatra II — This is one of the most recognizable titles from IGT. It comes with a popular ancient Egypt theme, an exciting bonus, multipliers, wilds and a minimum bet of only one coin per line.
Yellow Brick Road Casino table games
Yellow Brick Road holds a Class III gambling license, allowing it to offer Vegas-style live-dealer table games. The venue currently houses 14 tables featuring real money blackjack, Spanish 21, Let It Ride, Big 6 Wheel, Mississippi Stud, craps and three card poker.
The table game area has more limited hours than the overall casino. It is open 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. from Sunday to Wednesday, 11 a.m. to 12 a.m. on Thursdays, 11 a.m. to 3 a.m. on Fridays and 10 a.m. to 3 a.m. on Saturdays.
The casino’s website offers brief table game guides you can consult if you’re new or just want to brush up on your knowledge.
Does Yellow Brick Road Casino offer a poker/card room?
No, it has no poker room at the moment.
Does Yellow Brick Road Casino offer a sportsbook?
Yes. In addition to casino games, Yellow Brick Road Casino also features a sports betting area called The Lounge. The sportsbook takes up 8,800 square feet, which makes it one of the largest in the state.
The Lounge is a result of the casino’s partnership with Caesars Sportsbook, one of the most prominent gambling companies in the country. It has a 250-person capacity, and it features a bar, 35 large-screen TVs and a 32-foot video wall.
It also boasts a large number of recliners, high tops, an elevated VIP platform and seven VIP fan caves for a premium betting experience.
Visitors can place their wagers on a variety of sports all year round. The sports betting desk at The Lounge is open Monday to Friday from noon to 10 p.m. and Saturday and Sunday from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.
TS Rewards loyalty program
Every player over the age of 18 can participate in the casino’s TS Rewards loyalty program. Members of the program receive TS Rewards cards they can use to collect points at Yellow Brick Road Casino, Turning Stone Resort Casino and Point Place Casino, among other venues.
Bettors can exchange loyalty points for different kinds of benefits or use them to advance through the program’s five loyalty levels:
- Topaz — 0 to 1,999 points
- Ruby — 2,000 to 11,999 points
- Onyx — 12,000 to 24,999 points
- Sapphire — 25,000 to 79,999 points
- Prestige — 80,000+ points
The TS Rewards loyalty program works similarly to loyalty programs at other casinos — higher levels bring more rewards and benefits. Thus, members can gain access to dedicated VIP hosts, complimentary valets, priority hotel check-ins, retail discounts, spa discounts and more.
How do you earn points at Yellow Brick Road Casino?
You can earn loyalty points every time you play casino games or make purchases at Yellow Brick Road Casino, Turning Stone Resort Casino or Point Place Casino. You can also accrue points from purchases at Maple Leaf Markets and SavOn Convenience Stores. Just remember to show your loyalty card to the cashier and use it while playing.
Can you get free play at Yellow Brick Road Casino?
If you’re a member of the TS Rewards program, you can get a free play gift for your birthday. You can also claim regular Yellow Brick Road Casino promotions for free play rewards. For example, at the time of this writing, the casino was running the Cherry on Top Hot Seat promotion, which could get you $30 in free play. The requirement for participating was to use your TS Rewards card to play slot machines or table games between 11 a.m. and 3 p.m.
Yellow Brick Road Casino history and current owners
The Oneida Nation opened Yellow Brick Road Casino on June 2, 2015, complete with a bingo hall and slot machines. However, the casino converted the bingo hall into a table game floor by the end of the year.
The venue derives its name, theme and decor from the fantasy musical “The Wizard of Oz,” inspired by the L. Frank Baum novel. Presumably, this is an homage to Baum as a Chittenango native. However, some consider this confusing, given that Baum wrote editorials apparently in support of Native American genocide.
The controversy didn’t affect the casino’s popularity, however, as it continued to attract visitors at an increasing rate. In 2019, the venue got a makeover, with an updated façade and renovations of the gambling floor. The casino also has a new bar and a restaurant.
In September 2019, Yellow Brick Road also added a Caesars sportsbook to the premises. In 2020, the New York-based casino saw the opening of an entertainment center, now known as The East End. It features a bowling center, golf suite, pool tables, a dining area and a bar, slots, sports betting stations and more.
New York casinos
- Akwesasne Mohawk Casino Resort
- Batavia Downs Gaming & Hotel
- Del Lago Resort & Casino
- Empire City Casino at Yonkers Raceway
- Finger Lakes Gaming & Casino
- Hamburg Gaming Buffalo Raceway
- Lakeside Entertainment
- Resorts World Casino New York City
- Resorts World Catskills Casino
- Rivers Casino & Resort Schenectady
- Saratoga Casino Hotel
- Seneca Allegany Casino
- Seneca Buffalo Creek Casino
- Seneca Gaming in Salamanca
- Seneca Gaming Oil Spring
- Seneca Irving Gaming Center
- Seneca Niagara Resort & Casino
- Tioga Downs Casino Resort
- Turning Stone Resort Casino
- Vernon Downs Casino Hotel
Yellow Brick Road Casino is under the ownership of the Oneida Nation of Indians, a Native American tribe of New York. The tribe also owns two other New York casinos — the Turning Stone Casino Resort in Verona and the Point Place Casino in Bridgeport.
No. Drinks are not free at Yellow Brick Road Casino unless you’ve claimed a dining promotion.
You must be at least 18 to gamble at Yellow Brick Road Casino. The casino may require that guests show a valid government-issued photo ID at the entrance.
No, Yellow Brick Road Casino is a nonsmoking establishment.
You can submit a request for a win/loss statement via the casino’s official website, under Loyalty. Alternatively, you can download it from your account page on www.myturningstone.com.
No, the casino doesn’t currently offer bingo.
The casino hosts over 400 slot machines at the moment.