Top 9 New Jersey casino bonuses and promo codes
How to claim a casino bonus in NJ
Here are the steps to claiming a bonus as a new player at an online casino:
1. Choose an online casino
Pick an NJ online casino bonus offer from list above and click “Play Now.” Be sure to review the terms and conditions on the bonus.
2. Register for an account
You’ll need to supply personal details such as your full name, address, birthday, and the last four digits of your Social Security number. The casino may ask for a bonus code during sign-up. If so, use the corresponding code from the list above.
3. Deposit money
A no-deposit bonus — if available — will apply to your account after you register. However, you’ll need to make a add money to your account to activate the deposit bonus offer.
Please note: You will not be eligible for the deals if you have previously signed up at the given casino.
Playthrough requirements for NJ casino bonuses
Online casinos may offer bonuses for signing up, making deposits and continuing to play with them. However, you can’t just claim a bonus and withdraw it immediately. These casino bonuses come with requirements. The most common ones to be mindful of are:
Playthrough requirements are there to ensure you wager with the bonus money before you can withdraw it. Usually, you have to wager it a specific number of times, potentially from once up to 25 times or more.
A lot of the time, the casino will release the bonus money to you in increments as you fulfill the playthrough requirements. Once you’re done with the requirements, anything you’ve won along the way will be yours to withdraw.
Some games may count only a smaller percentage of your wagers toward meeting the requirement. Slots tend to count 100% of your wager, but various table games such as Blackjack or Roulette may count just 20% or 10%.
Types of casino promos and bonuses in NJ
There are a few types of casino welcome bonuses that tend to crop up most often:
No deposit bonus
Receive whatever the promo is (bonus money or free spins) as soon as you create an account.
The casino matches a portion of your initial deposit up to a maximum that it specifies.
Free bonus rounds on a slot or slots that the casino specifies.
The casino reimburses any net losses that you incur in a set time period.
Best NJ no deposit bonus codes
Here are the current no deposit offers in New Jersey:
|No Deposit Bonus
|Mohegan Sun Casino
Example: Let’s say you pick BetMGM. When you register using the bonus code 50PLAYCAS, the casino will hit you up with $50 in bonus credits. You won’t be able to withdraw the money immediately, however. First, you’ll need to meet the 1x playthrough requirement. This means that you need to wager the bonus credits once. Whatever money is left once you’re done with that wagering is yours to withdraw or wager again as you wish.
|Good way to get a feel for the casino site and test games.
|A payout cap may apply to some no deposit bonuses.
|You could win money without risking a dime.
|Typically are small bonuses.
NJ casino deposit bonuses
When you deposit money into your account at an online casino for the first time, casinos will match that deposit to some extent. Others might refund your net losses for the first 24 hours after you start betting. Here are some of the top options in New Jersey:
|None - Use Links
|$35 first deposit + Deposit Match up to $100 in Casino Credits (1X Playthrough) OR 100% Deposit Bonus up to $2,000 in Casino Bonus Funds (10X Playthrough)
|Golden Nugget Casino
|10x (deposit + bonus amount); 1x on free spins
|$10 on sign up (NJ only), plus 100% up to $1,500 + 200 free spins
|None - Use Links
|Play it again up to $1,000 +
200 in site credit
|15x bonus amount
|100% up to $2,500
Example: Let’s say that you sign up at Golden Nugget and deposit $100. You’ll then receive an equal bonus amount — $100. Altogether, you’ll have $200 to play with.
The 10x playthrough requirement applies to your deposit plus the bonus, meaning that you would need to wager $2,000 before you could withdraw any winnings associated with the offer along with whatever is left from your bonus — a tall order, but not impossible.
One other thing to note is that, depending on the games you play, your wagers might not fully count toward meeting the requirement. For instance, where slots may count 100% toward the requirement, video poker may count only 20%, and other table games may only count for 10%. Effectively, playing different games can extend the playthrough requirement.
|Can give your bankroll a major boost.
|Wagering requirement often steep.
|Suitable for both casual players and high-rollers.
|Table games and live dealer games may have low wagering contributions.
|Few game restrictions.
NJ Free spins bonus
Some casinos award free spins bonuses to new and returning players via ongoing promos and loyalty programs:
|Free Play Bonus
|Golden Nugget Casino
|200 bonus spins on 88 Fortunes Megaways on first deposit
|20 bonus spins on sign-up
|50 bonus spins on first deposit
Example: Golden Nugget has the largest free spins bonus — 200 on the 88 Fortune Megaways slot from SG Gaming. To get these spins, sign up using the code PLAYBONUS and deposit $30 or more. Free spins will be readily available on your account as soon as the deposit goes through.
The playthrough requirement for the spins is 1x. Therefore, you must wager any winnings from the free spins round once before they become real, withdrawable cash. Let’s say you won $70 from those 200 free spins. You would then need to wager that $70 once.
|Often available for popular titles.
|Geared exclusively towards slot players.
|Wagering requirements are usually low.
|Available for specific games only.
New Jersey online casinos and loyalty rewards
Traditionally, loyalty programs have been a staple of the casino industry, and the trend has also carried over to the online sector. The majority of New Jersey online casinos run some sort of loyalty program to encourage players to continue playing. Below is a brief overview:
- Golden Nugget Casino: Golden Nugget Casino runs a standalone loyalty program for its online skin called Golden Rewards Club. You earn points for real-money play and deposits of $50 and more. Perks include weekly VIP cash-backs, personalized promos, birthday bonuses and free spins.
- Bally Casino: As soon as you register with the casino, you’ll automatically enroll in the Bally Rewards loyalty program. Slots, bingo and instant win games have the best points accumulation rate at one point per $20 that you wager. You can exchange your points for cash at a rate of one point for $0.01. The casino has a separate loyalty program for its retail venue in Atlantic City.
- Caesars Casino: Caesars Rewards allows you to accrue points and redeem them online or at any of the Caesars properties in New Jersey or across the country.
- BetMGM Casino: MGM recently launched a revamped loyalty program called MGM Rewards. You can exchange points for online perks or at brick-and-mortar MGM facilities for benefits such as hotel discounts or tickets to exclusive events in Las Vegas.
- Borgata Casino: As a sister site to BetMGM, Borgata’s loyalty program overlaps with MGM Rewards. When you play at the online casino, you’ll earn Borgata online reward points, which you can exchange for online free play or swap for MGM Rewards points.
- FanDuel Casino: Your play determines your level in FanDuel’s Loyalty Club on a month-to-month basis. Benefits include access to VIP hosts, concert tickets and personalized promos.
- 888 Casino: Your play can earn you status points, which you can exchange for cash straight up at a rate of 100 points per $1.
- DraftKings Casino: DraftKings offers Dynasty Rewards, a loyalty program for its online casino and its online sportsbook. As you wager, you’ll accrue Crowns. When you amass a sufficient number, you can redeem them at the Dynasty Store for free play credits and other perks.
- BetRivers Casino: Via iRush Rewards, you’ll gain access to free spins, gifts, increased deposit limits and other benefits.
- Pala Casino: Pala Privileges is the loyalty program for all players at Pala’s online casino in NJ. Benefits include a VIP referral bonus, daily free spins and personalized promotions.
- PartyCasino: PartyCasino shares its loyalty program with Borgata. You can exchange any points you have accumulated at MGM Rewards.
- Mohegan Sun Casino: Mohegan Sun runs the Stellar Rewards Stellar Points determine your level in the program, and you can also exchange them for cash. Other perks include an increased loyalty point conversion rate, VIP promotions and discounted stays at Resorts Casino Hotel in Atlantic City.
- Harrah’s Casino: Harrah’s utilizes the Caesars Rewards loyalty program.
- Ocean Casino: Ocean Rewards is Ocean Casino’s loyalty program for retail and online. To earn points online, you need to link your Ocean Rewards club card to your online account. Benefits range from free play to discounts at Ocean Casino Hotel.
- Resorts Casino: The Resorts Rewards applies in-person and online. As you move through the five tiers, you’ll unlock perks like cash, discount stays at Resorts Casino Hotel and VIP exclusive promos.
- Scores Casino: The Scores Casino Rewards program features 10 levels and an 11th, Elite, which is invite-only. Daily free spins are available from the second level onward, while benefits like a dedicated casino host and birthday bonuses are at premium tiers.
- Parx Casino: Xclub is the loyalty program available at Parx Casino. Based on the number of points you earn, you can get access to sweepstakes entries, cash back and birthday offers.
Best games to clear a casino bonus
When weighing up online casino bonuses, consider how much different types of games contribute toward meeting the playthrough requirements. Here are some that tend to be good choices for most play styles:
- Slots — Slots count 100% at most NJ casinos, meaning it will generally take fewer wagers to clear a bonus if you play slots. Try to find a slot with low volatility and a high return-to-player rate (over 96%).
- Blackjack — With favorable rules and proper gameplay, blackjack has one of the lowest house edges among all casino games. To offset this, casinos tend to give these games much lower percentages for meeting playthrough requirements (often 10% to 30%).
- Video poker — Certain variations have an RTP of around 99%. Again, you’re probably looking at a lower percentage of your bets going toward the requirement here.
How to cash out in NJ if you win real money on a bonus
You’ll be able to cash out your bonus and any associated winnings only once you meet the playthrough requirement, regardless of the casino you’ve chosen.
For example, let’s say you deposit $100 to get the BetMGM welcome bonus. The casino would give you an additional $100 in bonus funds, so you’d have a total of $200. You must wager 15x the bonus money to gain clearance to cash out.