Disclaimer: PlayStar Casino has not launched yet, this review is speculative based on what we know so far and will be updated when the casino goes live.
Brand new online casino PlayStar is set to launch in New Jersey toward the end of 2021 and expand across the US in 2022. The Stockholm-based company clearly has designs on a big state-side push.
The online casino has partnered with Atlantic City’s Ocean Casino Resort for its initial launch in New Jersey. It aims to separate itself from others in the industry by providing a higher level of personalization and customer service for its players.
Plus, the casino is likely to launch with a two-part welcome offer for new customers. Here’s a review of everything you can expect from PlayStar Casino when it launches.
What’s great about PlayStar Casino:
- Advanced personalization for players.
- Immersive casino experience.
- Reliable customer service.
- Range of slots, blackjack, roulette and video poker.
PlayStar Casino bonus
PlayStar is likely to launch with a two-part welcome offer for all new players, though we won’t be entirely sure of the full offer until nearer to the launch date. The online casino is partnering with Atlantic City’s Ocean Casino Resort, which has solid offers for players.
We could see the casino launch with a $10 join bonus for all new players. This means that when you join PlayStar via the link on this page and enter a bonus code, you’ll receive $10 in bonus cash to spend on a game of your choice.
After that, it’s likely players will receive a deposit match offer of up to $200. This means the casino will start you off with double the amount to spend on the site, up to the maximum limit.
PlayStar Casino bonus code 2021
To claim PlayStar’s welcome offer, you’ll need to use the link on this page to head over to the website to register for a new account. Enter the bonus code when prompted. You must be 21 or older and within New Jersey state lines to bet on PlayStar.
|Online Casino||PlayStar Casino New Jersey|
|PlayStar Bonus code||TBD|
|Deposit match offer||100% up to $200|
PlayStar Casino bonus details
You’ll receive the casino’s join bonus as soon as you register for PlayStar. This cash comes with a 1x playthrough requirement, and you must use it within your first seven days on the site. Spend it on any casino game that you prefer — whether that’s slots, table games or video poker.
You’ll trigger the second welcome offer when you make your first deposit at PlayStar. Deposit $10 or more and PlayStar will match your money, up to a maximum of $200. This will be credited to your account as bonus funds that must meet a 20x wagering requirement within your first 30 days on the site. You can then withdraw it should you wish. You’ll forfeit any bonus funds that do not meet the playthrough requirement.
How to join PlayStar Casino
Joining PlayStar is simple providing you’re 21 or older. You must be within a state where the casino is legal — for now, that’s New Jersey only. From the PlayStar site, click the button to register. Enter the following information as prompted:
- Your full name
- Email address
- Username and password for your account
- Date of birth
- Home address
- Last four digits of your Social Security number
PlayStar is easy to join, but it will check your details like any other online casino. You will need to allow the casino to access your location when registering and playing, and it will check your user details against your Social Security number.
Ongoing PlayStar promotions
PlayStar has a list of promotions for users to get involved with. There’s a full promotions page on the casino’s website and app, but we’ve listed our favorite offers here:
- Table Game Bonus: Wager $50 on the casino’s chosen table game that week to receive a $5 bonus to spend anywhere on the site.
- Slot of the Week: Wager $50 or more on the slot of the week to receive 100 free spins to use on a game of your choice.
- Personalized casino bonus: PlayStar is all about personalization. From time to time, the casino will offer you a bonus that works in line with your own preferences.
PlayStar online casino VIP rewards program
PlayStar has its own loyalty program for players, which you’ll be enrolled in upon registration. Collect points by wagering on casino games, which can then be swapped for casino perks when you build up enough. Different games offer a different number of points for wagering, which can all be checked on the casino website or mobile app.
Players can enjoy discounted stays and dining at Ocean Casino, as well as online casino perks like free spins, casino bonuses, and deposit match offers. The higher up the VIP ladder you go, the better your rewards from PlayStar will be.
PlayStar online casino app review
Players in the US can access PlayStar Casino on both desktop and mobile. The app lets you play casino games from anywhere in state lines, as well as claim promotions and earn loyalty points. Simply connect to the internet and you’re good to go. The PlayStar app is available on Apple and Android devices and works well on smartphones and up-to-date tablets.
Use the app’s main menu to find slots and table games, the cashier, promotions page and player support. Most of the features available on the desktop casino are also on mobile. Simply scroll through the game options manually, or look for your favorites using the app’s search bar.
To download the PlayStar app, head to the casino’s mobile website. From there, you’ll be prompted to download the correct app for your device. Android users will download the app directly from the mobile site, while Apple users will be taken to the App Store.
Best features at the PlayStar Casino
PlayStar aims to stand out through a number of features. Here are our favorite aspects so far:
- Maximum engagement: The PlayStar team has conducted extensive market research and customer analysis to get to know its players before they even sign up. Then, when you create an account, the casino aims to tailor an experience to you.
- Customer-first experience: PlayStar has teamed up with Maxima Compliance to help the casino offer players a fun and safe experience. Maxima will ensure the casino keeps to state regulations and runs a responsible gambling program to help those who need it.
- Fantastic support: PlayStar aims to make all customers the stars of their own shows. This means offering fast, unrivaled customer support to all, whenever it is requested. You can find out more about PlayStar’s customer support further down the page.
Casino games on the PlayStar app
There’s only a small difference between the casino games offered on PlayStar’s desktop site and the list available on the casino’s app. You’ll find fewer titles, but the same quality games — including slots, blackjack, roulette, video poker and baccarat. A live dealer lobby could launch in the near future.
PlayStar is powered by Gaming Innovation Group, a trusted technology firm in Europe. The online casino will be GIG’s first move into the US. The partnership enables the casino to offer a range of high-quality slot games from top software developers, as well as its own range of exclusive titles.
Slots at PlayStar are fun, interactive and cover a range of themes. Fans of the traditional slot can play titles like Gonzo’s Quest and Cleopatra, and if you like a modern game, you can access titles like Guns n’ Roses and Narcos alongside GIG’s very own range.
Alongside its growing slots collection from the likes of NetEnt, IGT and NextGen, Gaming Innovation Group also aims to release six to eight new slot games each year, meaning there will frequently be some new slots to play. Here are some of our favorite titles at PlayStar:
- Book of Souls: GIG’s exclusive Book of Souls is themed around a mix of Lara Croft and Indiana Jones (the game’s main explorer is actually named Lara Jones). The five-reel, 10-payline game has a free spins bonus feature as well as snake wilds, which could help you fill a winning line or two. The return-to-player rate is 96.90%.
- Guns n’ Roses: This NetEnt video slot is based around the ’80s rock band, as the name suggests. The game has five reels and up to 20 paylines and is considered a medium volatility slot. There’s a range of bonus features available, including multipliers, respins and free spins.
- Popstar: Another GIG release, Popstar helps you to live out your dreams by becoming a famous singer. The game has five reels and 1,024 paylines, with an RTP of 96.70%. Bets start from $0.20 and max out at $100 per spin. You’ll find scatters, wilds, a free spins feature and an autoplay option.
- Blood Suckers: This classic slot title came out in April 2009 and features retro graphics and sound effects for fans of a classic game. The five-reel, 25-payline game is playable from $0.25 per spin and has a pretty good RTP of 98%.
- Wild Reels: This simple disco-themed game from GIG has five reels and 10 paylines. It uses classic symbols such as cherries and playing cards to add a pop of color, and it’s not unusual to see entire reels full of wilds. The game’s RTP is 97%.
What about table games
PlayStar Casino has a modest table games lobby with a number of blackjack, roulette, video poker and baccarat options for players. The titles typically have pretty high RTPs, and the minimum bet for each is pretty low.
Blackjack fans will find classic variations alongside multi-hand options, while you’ll find American, European, French and classic roulette games. As for video poker, look for Texas Hold’em and three card poker, among others. A couple of baccarat games are also available.
A live dealer lobby could soon arrive at PlayStar Casino to match other online casinos in the state. This will likely offer a range of blackjack and roulette games at first.
Free and real money casino games at PlayStar
We could see PlayStar offer demo games in the future, which would allow you to try a game before wagering your own cash on it. Demos use fake credits, so you won’t collect any winnings playing in this mode, but you would be able to get a feel for PlayStar’s games before making your mind up.
PlayStar banking options
PlayStar has launched with a decent number of banking methods to help players deposit and withdraw funds. Here’s what you need to know about visiting PlayStar’s cashier.
The minimum deposit amount at PlayStar Casino is $10. Open the casino’s cashier on the app or website and enter the amount you would like to transfer to your account. Select from the following options:
- Online banking
- Credit/debit card
- Prepaid card
Withdrawals also start at $10. Choose from the following payment options:
- Online banking
- Cash at the casino cage (Ocean Casino Resort in Atlantic City)
PlayStar Casino customer service
If you need assistance, head over to PlayStar’s help section to get in touch with a representative via live chat or email. Support is available 24/7, and the site also has an FAQ page covering banking, promotions, house rules and responsible gambling.
PlayStar and Ocean Casino Resort
Ocean Casino Resort in Atlantic City, New Jersey, is PlayStar’s first casino partner. The market access deal was announced in February 2021, ahead of the online casino’s launch. Ocean Casino has a number of online partners, including Parx Casino and German operator Tipico.
PlayStar Casino background
PlayStar is a new online casino founded by Joel Wikell, the creator of internet gambling software developer Boss Media and other industry projects.
PlayStar Casino’s launch was announced in 2021, and it will arrive in New Jersey toward the end of the year, in partnership with Atlantic City’s Ocean Casino Resort. PlayStar hopes to expand to other states in 2022.
Is PlayStar Casino licensed in New Jersey?
Yes, PlayStar Casino has been approved for a casino license in New Jersey and will launch in the state in the fourth quarter of 2021.
Do I need to download the app to bet at PlayStar?
No, PlayStar Casino is also available on desktop, but the operator’s app is a good way to access your favorite casino games from anywhere in state lines.
What is the minimum deposit at PlayStar Casino?
The minimum deposit is $10. You can add funds to your account using online banking, PayPal, and credit/debit card.
Is PlayStar Casino safe?
Yes. PlayStar Casino follows all state regulations and has enlisted the help of Maxima Compliance to monitor its procedures.
How do I get paid if I win?
PlayStar allows you to withdraw using online banking, PayPal or check by mail. You can also withdraw in person at Ocean Casino Resort in Atlantic City, New Jersey.