The FanDuel Sportsbook is now live in New Jersey. Visit the FanDuel Sportsbook mobile app here for full details.
FanDuel Sportsbook has officially gone live online.
Here is a closer look at what we expect to see out of the daily fantasy sports site turned sports betting operator.
FanDuel, started in 2009, originally only offered fantasy sports contests. That is rapidly changing, however. The company was acquired by European gaming operator Paddy Power Betfair, which is now using the FanDuel Brand for sports wagering.
Here’s more about what we know about FanDuel Sportsbook.
FanDuel Sportsbook promo code
You don’t need a promo code to get a deposit bonus at FanDuel Sportsbook. Just sign up using this exclusive link and you will get your deposit matched, up to $100.
The deposit bonus does not unlock immediately. You must play through your deposit in order to unlock it. Read the terms and conditions for more details.
Where will you find FanDuel Sportsbooks?
Eventually, you should be able to bet on FanDuel Sportsbooks around the country. In the short term, the only place with a FanDuel Sportsbook in New Jersey.
The Meadowlands Racetrack opened the nation’s first FanDuel Sportsbook in July 2018. It is expected FanDuel sports betting will be available online and via mobile devices in NJ.
FanDuel also deals in place to offer sports betting in:
- West Virginia, via The Greenbrier. Launch date is still TBA but is likely before football season in 2018.
- New York, via Tioga Downs. The state’s plans on sports betting are still unclear, however.
What will you be able to bet on at FanDuel?
There is a full wagering menu at FanDuel’s online sportsbook. That should include wagering on nearly every major sport, including but not limited to:
- Auto racing
- Boxing/mixed martial arts
Wagering options include just about everything that is traditionally offered at sportsbooks (not a complete list):
- Straight bets: Bets on things like the points spread (how many points a team will win or lose by) or the moneylive (higher payouts if underdogs win).
- Parlays: Combining more than one wager in a single bet in the hopes of securing a higher payout if the bettor wins all the individual wagers.
- Propositions: A question posed on which a bettor can wager on the outcome, like “which team will score first?” or “Will LeBron James score 30 or more points in the game?”
- Futures: Wagers on future events, like the winner of a championship in any sport.
FanDuel daily fantasy sports
FanDuel was a daily fantasy sports site well before it was ever offering legal sports betting. Here’s a rundown of its core product, available in much of the United States.
FanDuel bonus promo code
New members who deposit $5 or more qualify for a $10 bonus, which is credited to their account automatically. Follow our registration link to receive your reward, and keep in mind that the bonus is non-withdrawable and must be used to buy contest entries.
Who can sign up at FanDuel?
To register an account and play for real money, you must be:
- 18 years older, or 21 or older if you’re based in Massachusetts
- Located in the United States or Canada
However, you will not be able to register if you are:
- Located in Alabama, Arizona, Hawaii, Idaho, Iowa, Louisiana, Montana, Nevada, Texas or Washington
- Employed by a company in the DFS sector
How to play fantasy sports at FanDuel
FanDuelHead to FanDuel’s website using our link. The sign-up form is brief and takes only a few seconds to fill out, following which you can browse contests and make deposits immediately. Desktop players can access the lobby through the browser-based app, while smartphone users can take advantage of native applications for iPhones and Android devices.
Most players won’t be required to verify their identity until they request their first withdrawal, in which case you will need to provide your social security number and a valid address.
FanDuel desktop software
FanDuel’s browser-based platform includes an easy-to-use interface. It rarely requires more than two mouse clicks to complete an action, and the layout is so intuitive that even beginners will get used to it in minutes. Deposits and withdrawals can be quickly initiated by clicking the account avatar in the top-right corner of the website.
Jumping between games, contest types, slates and game styles can be done with a single click.
Drafting your lineup
Drafting teams is usually an easy process.
You can sort players by their ranking or position and read up on their most recent performances. When adding players to your lineup, you must keep the salary cap in mind. Following is an overview of roster construction limits:
- NBA – 9 positions (2 point guards, two shooting guards, two small forwards, 2x power forwards, one center) – $60k salary cap
- NFL – 9 positions (one quarterback, two running backs, 3x wide receivers, one tight end, one kicker, one defensive end)
- WNBA – 7 positions (3 guards, 4 forwards) – $40k cap
- NHL – 9 positions (2 centers, 4 wings, 2 defenders, 1 goalie) – $55k cap
- Soccer – 8 positions (2 forwards, 3 midfielders, 2 defenders, 1 goalie) – $60k cap
- Golf – 6 golfers – salary cap varies
- MLB – 9 positions (pitcher, catcher, second base, shortstop, third base, three outfielders, 1 utility) – salary cap varies
- NASCAR – 5 drivers – $50k salary cap
FanDuel also offers some contests that don’t have a salary cap and offer more flexible lineup construction.
How to deposit and withdraw real money at FanDuel
Deposits can be made using PayPal and credit/debit cards. The limit per transaction is generally $10,000 but can be much lower in specific states (Tennessee, Massachusetts, and Maryland come to mind). All deposits are processed instantly. If you would like to increase your deposit limit, contact support for help.
PayPal withdrawals are capped at $10,000 per transaction and take between an hour and two days to process. We recommend check by mail for large withdrawals, but be prepared to wait up to two weeks for its delivery.
If you receive $600 or more in withdrawals during a fiscal year, FanDuel will file a 1099-MISC tax form with the IRS on your behalf.
FanDuel mobile app
Dedicated mobile apps are available for iOS (version 10.0 or higher) and Android (version 5.0 and up) devices: Sownload them from the App Store and the Google Play store, respectively.
Both apps offer the same functionality found in the browser-based platform. You can browse contests, use filters, create lineups, make deposits or withdrawals, create contests and change account settings. The interface is intuitive and designed to allow access to all features with as few taps as possible.
What sports are available at FanDuel?
Covered sports include soccer, MLB, NFL, NHL, NASCAR, WNBA, NHL and golf.
What contest types does FanDuel offer?
The list includes:
- Guaranteed: Tournaments with sometimes massive prize pools
- Beat the score: Get paid if you reach a certain score threshold
- Head to heads: Play against one opponent and claim the entire prize pool if you win
- Multipliers: Get paid a multiple of your entry
- 50-50s: Get paid if your team’s sore is in the top 50%
- Beginner tournaments: For new players with little experience
- Low-cap tournaments: Allow up to 100 participants
- Qualifiers: Win entries into bigger DFS contests
What percentage of FanDuel players are net winners?
Depending on player experience: Ten to 19 percent of players are net winners, 78-86 percent are net losers, and between one and seven percent are break-even.
It’s interesting to note how beginners fare in different contest types:
- All contests: 14% – 22% are net winners
- Head-to-head, multipliers: 22% – 29%
- All contests, excluding tournaments and qualifiers: 19% – 29%
Are late swaps allowed at FanDuel?
Yes, they have been for a while now. Contests that support late swaps are indicated with an open padlock symbol. When a contest allows late swaps, you can substitute any player until the scheduled start of their first match.
How much do entries cost?
Entry prices range from $0.25 to $10,600. Note that experienced FanDuel members are not allowed to join contests with fees lower than three dollars.
How many lineups can I enter per contest?
It depends on contest settings. The allowed number will be displayed when you click on a contest and view its details. Generally, the larger the field, the more lineups can be entered.
Beginners should take advantage of one-entry contests to improve their odds. Contests with entries that cost more than $150 usually have unlimited entries.
Can you create a contest?
Yes. You can create free or real-money contests for between two and 20 players. Just choose a sport, slate, entry price (up to $100 for multiplayer and up to $10,600 for head-to-heads), and you’re ready to go.
Friends-only contests are supported as well.
Is it safe to deposit with FanDuel?
Absolutely. FanDuel is an established company in the US market. Moreover, you can receive a refund of your deposit if you ask for it within 24 hours from playing your first contest.
Note that the refund is capped at $100 and cannot exceed the combined size of your deposits. Your account will be locked as soon as your refund is processed and you won’t be able to access it until you pay back the refunded money.
Does FanDuel offer a loyalty program?
Yes. You will receive five points, called FanDuel Points, whenever you spend a dollar on contest entries. Points can be exchanged for real-money entries at a rate of 2,400 per dollar.
Additionally, the loyalty program features 11 VIP levels. Reaching a new level grants you free access to tournaments with guaranteed prize pools ranging from $250 to $25,000, depending on the tier. Here’s a list of available tiers and the number of FanDuel Points required to reach each one:
- Free Agent: 50
- Practice Squad: 250
- Reserve: 250
- Prospect: 500
- Rookie: 1,250
- Pro: 2,500
- All-Star: 7,500
- MVP: 25,000
- Hall of Famer: 125,000
- Legend: 600,000
- GOAT: 2,500,000
The highest tiers also award exclusive bonuses.
Support can be reached through:
- Live chat open 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Eastern
- Online contact form