If you took Magic the Gathering but made the card characters comic superheroes and put it all into a slot machine, you might come up with something similar to Arcane Reel Chaos. NetEnt did just that with its 5×3, 20 pay-line slot, which has the heroes Flare, Zero.x, Chrono, and Psyop use their superpowers to battle the evil villain, Deep Pockets.
Played like a card game in a slot, Arcane Reel Chaos features random wilds, multipliers, respins, stacked wilds, and a four-stage free spins boss battle.
Slots to play next
What makes Arcane Reel Chaos slot great
Besides the superheroes and villains, Arcane Reel Chaos is exciting to play due to these stand-out features:
- Random wilds and multipliers: Receive up to three stacks of wilds and 3x, 4x, and 5x multipliers.
- Respin multiplier: The multiplier gets higher with each respin, up to 10x.
- Free spins battle: The heroes battle in four stages with progressive multipliers, up to 4x.
How Arcane Reel Chaos slot could improve
Here are ways Arcane Reel Chaos could be even more fun:
- Hero powers during the battle: Seeing their powers used in the free spins would make the battle even more thrilling.
- More random wilds: Zero.x only conjures up five wilds maximum.
- Stacked symbols: Stacks of symbols could lead to bigger wins across the reel set without needing stacks of wilds for a big win.
Arcane Reel Chaos specs
|Arcane Reel Chaos
|Low - Medium
|Min / Max Bet
|$0.20 - $200
|# of Pay-lines
|Max Free Spins
|Free spins, multipliers, random wilds, wild reels, respins
Free and Real Money NetEnt Slots
How to play Arcane Reel Chaos slot online
Help the heroes defeat Deep Pockets by playing the free slot games version of Arcane Reel Chaos we have for your convenience. Start by reading the intro to understand the background of the story. Next, choose a coin value from $0.01 to $10 for a total bet from $0.20 to $200 for 20 pay-lines. Then press the arrow button to start dealing the cards.
If you’d like to try real money slots, find Arcane Reel Chaos at any legal online casino for real money like the ones listed below, and create an account. Most new online casinos have weekly prizes and free-play promotions for new members.
Bonus and jackpots for Arcane Reel Chaos (Rating of 4/5)
The bonus features for Arcane Reel Chaos are complex and fit in nicely with the game’s story.
Main game bonus features
Each hero has a special power they can randomly use during the main game:
- Flare: A wheel spins after any win, giving you a 3x, 4x, or 5x multiplier.
- Zero.x: Three to five random wilds overlay positions on the reel set.
- Chrono: All five reels respin until you have a win. A progressive multiplier goes up 1x for each non-winning spin, from 2x to 10x.
- Psyop: Two or three stacks of wilds can appear randomly on any reel.
Free spins battle
When three talisman scatters appear on reels one, three, and five, it triggers the free spins bonus round. This feature is a battle between the heroes and Deep Pockets, fought in four stages, each with a progressive multiplier.
The heroes are granted six total health points for the entire feature and are represented by a stack of six cards on the left. The health points for Deep Pockets and the corresponding multipliers for each stage are as follows:
- Stage 1: two health points and a 1x multiplier
- Stage 2: four health points and a 2x multiplier
- Stage 3: five health points and a 3x multiplier
- Stage 4: six health points and a 4x multiplier
A winning spin removes one of the villain’s health points, and a losing spin subtracts one from the heroes’. Advancing to the next stage adds one health point to the heroes, but they can have no more than six at a given time.
Winning the battle causes Deep Pockets to blow up and reveals a cash award. No card symbols appear during the free spins.
Even after reading the intro, the free spins battle is a little confusing, but the graphics, music, and gameplay make it a lot of fun.
Arcane Reel Chaos graphics and visuals (Rating of 4/5)
The background behind the main game of Arcane Reel Chaos looks like a post-apocalyptic battle zone. The characters are well-drawn, and the animations are more involved than you see in most online slots. The graphics overall are excellent.
Arcane Reel Chaos gameplay (Rating of 4/5)
The intro to Arcane Reel Chaos helps a lot in understanding the game, so you know what’s going to happen. The free spins battle is a little confusing at first because you’re expecting the heroes to use their powers, and it’s not clear how they gain and lose life points. The game never states the symbols are cards, but you can hear a card shuffling sound effect during the spins. Overall, the gameplay is innovative and highly entertaining.
Overall rating for Arcane Reel Chaos by NetEnt (Rating of 4/5)
Arcane Reel Chaos is immersive, impeccably designed, exciting, and has a stellar soundtrack. The story serves to build suspense and adds to the overall game experience. A wishlist for improvements, such as more random wilds and stacked symbols, seems nitpicky since the game is so well-designed, but it’s still unclear why the hero powers aren’t utilized in the free spins. Regardless, if you’re a fan of superhero movies, comics, and slots, you really need to give Arcane Reel Chaos a try for yourself. For awesome graphics and game design, we give Arcane Reel Chaos an overall rating of 4/5.