- 1 playMGM online casino history
- 2 playMGM and Borgata in New Jersey
- 3 playMGM casino online gaming options
- 4 Residency requirement for playMGM online casino
- 5 playMGM online gaming customer security and support
- 6 playMGM player rewards and VIP program
- 7 Latest updates at playMGM Online Casino – August 2018
MGM Resorts Senior Vice President of Business Development Tom Mikulich told the press MGM was interested in the online opportunities New Jersey presented. He also said he was hopeful the MGM Resorts brand would launch online in the near future.
In May 2017, the company took things a step further. MGM announced plans to launch its own New Jersey online casino and online poker sites under the playMGM brand before the end of the calendar year.
playMGM online casino history
When MGM Resorts announced the playMGM plans, it also committed to partnering with GVC Holdings. GVC is Borgata’s online casino and poker software provider. The company is also a veteran gaming software platform developer.
Borgata’s online casino site was built on the bwin.party gaming software platform before GVC acquired bwin.party. GVC has extensive experience creating gaming software for sites around the world. It will also produce the online casino software for playMGM, matching the high quality of Borgata’s online casino offerings.
playMGM and Borgata in New Jersey
MGM Resorts and partner Boyd Gaming Corporation were each 50 percent owners in the Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa. This property has been the market-leading brick and mortar casino in Atlantic City since its 2003 opening. Borgata features a 161,000-square-foot casino with more than 3,500 slot machines and 250 table games. It is also home to the East Coast’s top poker room.
When online gaming came to New Jersey in 2013, Borgata sought a license. The site claimed the top spot in the market immediately after launch. A number of sites launched after that and also operate under Borgata’s online gaming license, including:
These sites combined to lead New Jersey’s online gambling market in revenues through the end of 2016. Sites under the Golden Nugget Atlantic City online gambling license have taken over the revenue lead in 2017, but the launch of playMGM could turn things back around for Borgata.
playMGM casino online gaming options
Considering software for both come from GVC Holdings, playMGM online casino should feature similar software to that of Borgata online casino.
The Borgata online casino currently offers 100 slots, more than a dozen popular table games, and a wide variety of video poker.
It’s also likely the online casino will make its game library available on the go. Expect playMGM to launch an online casino app for both iOS and Android users.
Residency requirement for playMGM online casino
Players do not need to reside in New Jersey to play on the playMGM online casino site. However, in accordance with New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement regulations, they must be 21 years of age. Additionally, players need to be physically located inside state borders. Presumably, playMGM will use geolocation software to track player location and verify all identification.
playMGM online gaming customer security and support
In today’s day and age, player safety and security must be taken into consideration during an online casino site’s development. Expect playMGM to protect both player funds and data using the same technology, encryption, and layers of security used by most of the online casino industry.
The site is also likely to take customer service very seriously by offering 24/7 customer service support through email, telephone and live chat.
playMGM player rewards and VIP program
playMGM will likely offer a competitive welcome bonus package in an effort to attract new players. These will most likely include a no deposit bonus at sign up and a first deposit bonus, at the very least.
Considering Borgata switched from its own loyalty program to MGM’s M Life Rewards program in the first half of 2017, the playMGM online casino is expected to roll out a loyalty program connected to the M Life Rewards program as well. The program is free and offers the opportunity to earn points redeemable for hotel, dining, entertainment, and gaming activity at any one of the 16 MGM casino and hotel properties across the country.
Latest updates at playMGM Online Casino – August 2018
Two new additions made their way onto the playMGM online casino in July:
- Wild-O-Tron: Here robots make up the bulk of the symbols. There are Stacked Symbolsand a Wild, but no Scatter or Free Spins Bonus Round. What it does have is a Wild-O-Tron feature that can transform and or all of the robots into Wild symbols, which can really impact the cash value of winning paylines.
- Joker 1000 Deluxe: This game cues up like you are sitting in an actual casino. The full slot machine is visible, from the top section with symbols and payout amounts, to the reels themselves. There are only 5 symbols on a 3×3 reel set with 5 paylines, and you must get 3 of a kind to pay. There is also a Joker, which requires just 2 for a win, and they can be located anywhere on the reels. The more Jokers, the higher the pay. There is also a complicated Supermeterfeature and a more typical Gamble feature, providing a bit of excitement and extra layer of chance.
August also brings two new month-long promotions to playMGM:
- Ca$h Back Mondays: Every Monday in August you can get 25% cash back on your play. Just make a deposit of $50 or more, play our favorite games, and you’ll receive 25% back of your net losses, up to $100.
- Super Tuesdays: Every Tuesday that you make a deposit, payMGM will match it 50% in FREEPLAY. Just sign in on Tuesdays, deposit $20 more more using their special bonus code here, and you’ll get 50% of your deposit in FREEPLAY.