- 1 playMGM online casino history
- 2 playMGM and Borgata in New Jersey
- 3 playMGM casino online gaming options
- 4 Residency requirement for playMGM online casino
- 5 playMGM online gaming customer security and support
- 6 playMGM player rewards and VIP program
- 7 Latest updates at playMGM Online Casino – June 2018
MGM Resorts Senior Vice President of Business Development Tom Mikulich told the press MGM was interested in the online opportunities New Jersey presented. He also said he was hopeful the MGM Resorts brand would launch online in the near future.
In May 2017, the company took things a step further. MGM announced plans to launch its own New Jersey online casino and online poker sites under the playMGM brand before the end of the calendar year.
playMGM online casino history
When MGM Resorts announced the playMGM plans, it also committed to partnering with GVC Holdings. GVC is Borgata’s online casino and poker software provider. The company is also a veteran gaming software platform developer.
Borgata’s online casino site was built on the bwin.party gaming software platform before GVC acquired bwin.party. GVC has extensive experience creating gaming software for sites around the world. It will also produce the online casino software for playMGM, matching the high quality of Borgata’s online casino offerings.
playMGM and Borgata in New Jersey
MGM Resorts and partner Boyd Gaming Corporation were each 50 percent owners in the Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa. This property has been the market-leading brick and mortar casino in Atlantic City since its 2003 opening. Borgata features a 161,000-square-foot casino with more than 3,500 slot machines and 250 table games. It is also home to the East Coast’s top poker room.
When online gaming came to New Jersey in 2013, Borgata sought a license. The site claimed the top spot in the market immediately after launch. A number of sites launched after that and also operate under Borgata’s online gaming license, including:
These sites combined to lead New Jersey’s online gambling market in revenues through the end of 2016. Sites under the Golden Nugget Atlantic City online gambling license have taken over the revenue lead in 2017, but the launch of playMGM could turn things back around for Borgata.
playMGM casino online gaming options
Considering software for both come from GVC Holdings, playMGM online casino should feature similar software to that of Borgata online casino.
The Borgata online casino currently offers 100 slots, more than a dozen popular table games, and a wide variety of video poker.
It’s also likely the online casino will make its game library available on the go. Expect playMGM to launch an online casino app for both iOS and Android users.
Residency requirement for playMGM online casino
Players do not need to reside in New Jersey to play on the playMGM online casino site. However, in accordance with New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement regulations, they must be 21 years of age. Additionally, players need to be physically located inside state borders. Presumably, playMGM will use geolocation software to track player location and verify all identification.
playMGM online gaming customer security and support
In today’s day and age, player safety and security must be taken into consideration during an online casino site’s development. Expect playMGM to protect both player funds and data using the same technology, encryption, and layers of security used by most of the online casino industry.
The site is also likely to take customer service very seriously by offering 24/7 customer service support through email, telephone and live chat.
playMGM player rewards and VIP program
playMGM will likely offer a competitive welcome bonus package in an effort to attract new players. These will most likely include a no deposit bonus at sign up and a first deposit bonus, at the very least.
Considering Borgata switched from its own loyalty program to MGM’s M Life Rewards program in the first half of 2017, the playMGM online casino is expected to roll out a loyalty program connected to the M Life Rewards program as well. The program is free and offers the opportunity to earn points redeemable for hotel, dining, entertainment, and gaming activity at any one of the 16 MGM casino and hotel properties across the country.
Latest updates at playMGM Online Casino – June 2018
May brought the Live Dealer format to playMGM. They now offer 4 games—American Blackjack, American Roulette, Baccarat Dragon Bonus and Casino Hold’em—which are available Monday through Wednesday from 2 p.m. to 3 a.m. and Thursday through Sunday from noon to 3 a.m.
They also added 13 new slot titles to their gaming library, including:
- Gypsy Riches: This slot features 5 reels and 25 paylines, as well as Stacked symbols, including the Gypsy Wild. A Gypsy Caravan acts as the Scatter, leading players to the Free Spins round. During this round, every Wild adds to the Crystal Ball Meter. Fill up the meter and earn Gold Spins, where you can win the Crystal Ball Meter multiple times, increasing your bonus win.
- Hula Nights: The theme here is very much Hawaiian. What is unique about the game is the Green Reels, which may appear on any spin and on more than one reel. Once the reels have stopped, a single symbol will appear on all green reels, giving you increased odds of making a win. During the Free Spins bonus game, these same green reels may appear but will have a mystery symbol that turns into a cash prize. If a Collect symbol also appears, you collect each and every cash prize. Should more than one Collect symbol appear, you collect the cash prizes for every one. Needless to say, this can lead to some really big wins. Even better is that during the Free Spins, if you get 3 or more Collect symbols, you are awarded additional spins (10-25).
- Triple Cash Wheel: This is a combination of old-school slots and Wheel of Fortune. Above your 5 reels sit three Cash Wheels. At the completion of any spin, these may randomly activate. If all 3 are activated, you’ll move to the Cash Wheel Bonus Game. This starts by selecting a ? mark tile from the grid. You will continue selecting until 3 matching symbols appear, which will determine your number of spins and the multiplier. Then the wheel will spin, awarding you cash or Free Games. Our other bonus feature is the QuickHit symbol, where 3 or more pay and you can get up to 1500x your bet if you hit 9!
PlayMGM is the place to be on Tuesdays. Their newest promo, Super Tuesdays, rewards you generously for making a deposit. Just log into your account and deposit $20 or more using that week’s bonus code and they will match your deposit 50% up to $50. If you participate every week during June, that means you can get a maximum of $200 in Freeplay!