Play+ is a Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation-backed (FDIC) reloadable account and probably the number one prepaid card used in the U.S. for playing in casinos and betting in sportsbooks. It is a payment method that lets you fund your playing accounts in online casinos, betting sites and their land-based counterparts quickly, safely and with zero fees. What’s more, with Play+, cashouts are lightning quick and incur no additional fees. The entire setup of the account feels like a walk in the park.
This page will tell you all about how to use Play+, its characteristics and the premium gambling sites in the country that accept it.
Legal online casinos that accept Play+
Play+ functions as a separate payment program in each of the participating legal online casinos in New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Michigan and all other states where online casinos are legal and regulated. This means that the terms and conditions and the deposit and withdrawal limits depend on the particular program. The following casinos are the top choices when it comes to gambling with Play+.
|Online Casino||Minimum Amount||Processing Time|
|Golden Nugget Casino|
Legal online sportsbooks that accept Play+
Play+ is a huge deal in online sportsbooks. All of the industry’s big shots, including DraftKings, FanDuel, Caesars Sportsbook and BetMGM, feature Play+. These sites let players make seamless deposits and withdrawals via Play+ at any time. Check out the top sportsbooks choices below and the states where they are legal:
|Online Sportsbook||Minimum Amount||Processing Time|
|Golden Nugget Sportsbook|
Legal online poker sites that accept Play+
Legal poker sites are no strangers to Play+ either. Poker rooms such as PokerStars have also partnered with Play+ to provide their players with an opportunity to perform fast and reliable payments. Here’s a full list of poker sites that support Play+:
How to deposit with Play+
Before you can deposit via Play+, you will need to register a free Play+ account. Head to your online casino or sportsbook and locate Play+ in the list of available deposit options. Click on “Add New Account.” Input personal details such as name, email, address and the last four digits of your Social Security number. Agree with the terms and conditions, and you are all set. Now all that’s left is to follow these steps to fund your Play+ account first and then your playing account.
- Log in to your casino or sportsbook account.
- On the Banking or Cashier page, click on Play+.
- Select the “Fund Account” button and choose between Visa, Mastercard, Discover and eCheck/ACH methods to load your Play+ account.
- Input the necessary details, such as debit/credit card number, the amount you wish to deposit and authorize the transaction.
- Once your Play+ account is loaded, select the method under the deposit options in your casino.
- Enter the amount of the deposit you wish to make.
- Confirm the transaction.
- The funds should arrive almost immediately.
- Start playing.
How to cashout using Play+
Cashing out your winnings via Play+ is equally as simple as making a deposit. Here’s what you need to do to withdraw cash:
- Log in to your online casino or sportsbook account.
- Go to the Banking or Cashier page.
- Locate Play+ under the withdrawal options.
- Input the amount you wish to withdraw.
- Click continue.
Withdrawals made via Play+ are usually processed instantly. Since all Play+ account holders are issued with a casino-branded prepaid debit card, the funds should be available for ATM withdrawals almost immediately. Users received the branded prepaid cards via mail within 10-14 days from the first account funding.
Why don’t all online gambling sites accept Play+?
The first condition that an online gambling site needs to fulfill to partner with Play+ is to come from a regulated jurisdiction. Play+ does business only with legal and licensed operators. Moreover, as an integrated payment solution and program, Play+ first needs to sign an agreement with the casino and sportsbook operators before running its program on their premises and sites.
So far, Play+ has already partnered with over 70+ sports betting sites, lotteries, betting shops, racebooks and brick-and-mortar casinos across the country. It supports more than 1.5 million active playing accounts.
Pros and cons of PlayPlus (Play+)
Let’s take a closer look at the upsides and downsides of Play+:
- Widespread and widely accepted: Most reputable online and retail sportsbooks and casinos offer Play+. Thus, you won’t have any problems finding it in your primary choice. What’s more, standard credit and debit cards have a poor acceptance rate in U.S. online casinos, which is not the case with Play+.
- Instant deposits and withdrawals: All payments and transactions made through Play+ are processed instantly. Thanks to the physical prepaid card, you can cash out your withdrawals at ATMs in an instant.
- Bonuses: Players who deposit and play with Play+ can claim the bonuses and promotions from most online casinos and sports betting sites. What’s more, some of the Play+ casinos, Play+ sportsbooks and Play+ poker sites may even run cashback deals and other Play+ promotions.
- Play+ VIP programs: Play+ online casinos usually have a special VIP program for the most loyal users. Depending on the frequency of use and the size of the transactions, players attain certain levels and enjoy perks such as lower fees, greater deposit and withdrawal limits and others.
- Low fees: Play+ does not charge maintenance or cash funding fees. The only fees that Play+ charges in almost all gambling venues are those related to ATM withdrawals and card loads. The rates depend on the gambling platform. However, they rarely exceed $2 per transaction.
- Top-notch security: Players can rest assured that Play+ uses the latest encryption methods to protect the transactions at all times. What’s more, all funds are held securely at a bank and insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC).
- You need a unique Play+ account for every casino or sportsbook: The biggest flaw of Play+ is that you need to set a new account for every gambling site. Luckily, the process lasted a few minutes.
- Fees and limits: Certain Play+ transactions incur small fees that differ depending on the casino or sportsbook in question and the type of the transaction. Also, some limits apply to the size of your deposits. The standard limits are $2,000 per day, $4,500 per week and $10,000 per month. However, VIP programs offer higher limits.
Play+ enters regulated online gambling
The Play+ cashless payment system was created by Sightline Payments, a company founded over 10 years ago by Omer Sattar, Tom Sears and Kirk Sanford. From the beginning, their focus was to create safe and fast-funding accounts that would challenge the traditionally cash-driven market. The rise of Play+ started with the expansion of online gambling in New Jersey in 2013. The company has not looked back since.
So far, more than $5 billion have been processed via Play+ in some 15+ gaming sites and brands all over the U.S. Such expansion led to Play+ becoming Nevada’s first fintech unicorn, with a market value of over $1 billion.
The platform had also won Casino Journal’s Top 20 Most Innovative Gaming Technology Awards back in 2017. That’s another testament to its success.
Other options if a gambling site doesn’t accept Play+
In case your gambling site of choice does not offer Play+, here are some worthy alternatives:
- PayPal: One of the biggest e-wallets and online payment processors globally characterized by top security measures and their collaboration with only regulated and fair sites.
- Debit/credit cards: If the site does not accept Play+, you can probably always use the standard Visa, Mastercard, and Discover debit and credit cards.
- PayNearMe: You can find a retail payment processor at 7-Eleven, CVS and Family Dollar shops and locations.
- ACH/e-check: ACH or e-check allows you to fund your playing account through your checking account from a bank.