Triple Play Draw Poker from IGT is a game for those of you who like a little more action in real money video poker. Instead of playing just one hand at a time, this version sees you play three hands. The beauty of this online game is the fact that you can enjoy nine different forms of video poker. All of the classic games are in there, with triple the action at each.
Video poker is one of the most popular games at the casino with a relatively simple concept. You are dealt five cards, and then you are allowed one drawing round. You simply select how many of the five cards you’ll hold, while the others are discarded and then replaced. If your final hand is good enough to make the pay table, you’ll enjoy a win.
IGT’s Triple Play Draw Poker is available online now in a series of states in the US. This page details all you’ll need to know about playing the range of games. First up, there’s an explanation of how video poker works, before listing and explaining each of the nine gaming options.
How to Play IGT’s Triple Play Draw Poker
On loading Triple Play Draw Poker, you are immediately met by a screen displaying all of the nine game options. These are displayed in nine pink boxes and you’ll simply choose which of them you’d like to play. Within the selection are games like Jacks or Better, Deuces Wild and Joker Poker, which you’ll all have seen on the casino floor.
Having made your selection, you’ll go ahead and start playing. At first, this game plays out in exactly the same way as a standard game of video poker works. You are dealt your five cards across the bottom of the screen and you’ll choose which of those cards you’d like to hold.
It’s at this point that the ‘Triple Play’ part of the game comes in.
Now, instead of playing just one hand with your held cards, you are playing three. Each of the three hands will now be stacked one on top of the other, and cards are randomly drawn to each.
One of the best aspects of multi-hand video poker is that good starting cards can pay dividends across all hands. For example, if you were originally dealt two pairs when playing Jacks or Better, you would hold those cards. Now all three hands will feature those two pairs – guaranteeing a win on all three hands. Even better is the fact that you have three opportunities to improve to a full house, for even higher payouts.
When playing Triple Play Draw Poker, the total stake will be three times your usual stake, due to playing 3 hands. Remember to consider this when setting your betting level.
Available Games at Triple Play Draw Poker
In total there are nine available games when playing Triple Play Draw Poker. Here’s a brief explanation of each:
- Jacks or Better – This classic form of video poker is one of the most popular of all. The name comes from the fact that you’ll need a pair of Jacks or better to hit a win.
- Bonus Poker – A form of Jacks or Better with bonus prizes for hitting four of a kind hands like Aces, or 2s, 3s and 4s. Lower prizes for full houses and straights offset these bigger wins.
- Bonus Poker Deluxe – In this game there is a premium on all 4 of a kind hands, boosting these hands to the second highest payers. These bonus pays are offset by two pairs paying the same as a single pair – making for a higher volatility game.
- Double Bonus Poker – In this version there’s an even bigger premium on landing those 4 aces, offering more than three times the pay for a straight flush. Other 4 of a kind hands are boosted too
- Double Double Bonus Poker – In this game, kickers come into play. Aside from the Royal Flush, 4 Aces with any 2, 3 or 4 are the highest payers, many times the usual 4 of a kind pay.
- Triple Double Bonus Poker – In this version of the game, four of a kind aces with a kicker of 2, 3 or 4, pays the same 800 coins as a Royal Flush.
- Deuces Wild Poker – Deuces Wild is another classic game, where every 2 acts as a wild card. A royal flush is still the highest paying hand and five of a kind hands come into play.
- Deuces Wild Bonus Poker – In this bonus version of Deuces Wild there’s a bonus prize if you’re lucky enough to land 4 deuces plus an ace, or 5 aces.
- Joker Poker – This variety of video poker is the only one where you’ll play with a 53-card pack. The addition of a joker as a wild card adds a further element to the game.
While the game play remains virtually the same across all of the video poker varieties, the pay tables in each can change widely.
The first six on the list are all versions of Jacks or Better, with the prizes changed to give different opportunities. Play the bonus versions if you’re happy for smaller prizes on the lesser hands. In games like Deuces Wild and Joker poker, the addition of those wild cards can make big hands easier to come by, and these are reflected in the pays. For example, in Deuces Wild, you’ll need at least a 3 of a kind win to get paid.
Final thoughts on IGT’s Triple Play Draw
IGT slots are well-known so it’s no surprise IGT’s Triple Play Draw Poker is a game for those of you who like more action in their video poker. Playing three hands at a time offers triple the excitement and more opportunities to hit those big hands. Land a good selection of starting cards and you could be on a guaranteed triple winner.
Triple Play Draw Poker is now available online in states such as New Jersey and Pennsylvania. Many others including Michigan casinos and West Virginia will follow soon. As long as you are playing within the state lines, you can bet real money on many slots, table games and video poker variants. Check out Triple Play Draw Poker when you next play online for 3x the video poker fun.