New online casinos continue to launch across the US. We’ve shortlisted the newest online casinos for US players, including sweepstakes and social casinos below. Online casino gambling is legal in six states: Connecticut, Delaware, Michigan, New Jersey, Pennsylvania and West Virginia. 2023 could be an exciting year. Wow Vegas is the newest social casino to hit the market.Sadly, mobile online casinos are not available in your state yet. You do have the option of playing at sweepstakes or social casino sites. These sites offer similar games, allowing you to win cash prizes by playing slots. Below is our list of recommended sites.
Top new US casinos and promos
of Gold Coins for $10
GOLD COINS FOR $10
List of new online casinos for 2023 and upcoming launches
Our 2023 online casino tracker is updated as new casinos launch and is organized by location. The casinos listed below recently launched in one or more newly-regulated states or have plans to launch soon. This list is updated on the first of each month. The newest online casino in the US is PlayStar, which launched Oct. 2022. We don’t expect to see any new casinos for the month of December.
|Newest Casino||Opened / Expected Launch||Location||Review|
|Fanatics Casino||Expected 2023||All States||Fanatics Casino|
|Wheel of Fortune Casino||Expected (Q1 2023)||New Jersey||Wheel Of Fortune|
|Golden Nugget Casino||Expected (Q1 2023)||Pennsylvania||Golden Nugget PA|
|SI Casino||Expected (Q1 2023)||Michigan||SI Casino|
|Bally Bet Casino||Expected (Q1 2023)||Michigan||Bally Bet Michigan|
|PlayStar||Oct. 2022||New Jersey||PlayStar NJ|
|Bally Bet Casino||Aug. 2022||New Jersey||Bally Bet NJ|
|SweepSlots||Summer 2022||All States||Sweepslots Casino|
|Funrize Casino||Summer 2022||All States||Funrize Casino|
|Wow Vegas Social Casino||2022||All States||Wow Vegas Casino|
|Stars Casino||Feb. 2021||Michigan||Stars Casino Michigan|
|BetMGM Casino||Jan. 2021||Michigan||BetMGM Michigan|
|Caesars Casino||Jan. 2021||Michigan||Caesars Michigan|
|BetRivers Casino||Jan. 2021||Michigan||BetRivers Michigan|
|DraftKings Casino||Jan. 2021||Michigan||DraftKings Michigan|
|FanDuel Casino||Jan. 2021||Michigan||FanDuel Casino Michigan|
|Unibet Casino||2019||New Jersey||Unibet New Jersey|
|Hollywood Casino||2019||Pennsylvania||Hollywood Casino Pennsylvania|
Read more: New PA casinos
What to look for in a new online casino
If you’re in a state with new online casinos, here are some things to consider as you evaluate them. We go over all the same things in our reviews:
- Licensing: If you spot a new casino, check to see that it’s licensed by your local state. New online casinos in New Jersey, Michigan, Delaware, Connecticut and Pennsylvania will prominently display the state logo.
- Bonus and terms: Beyond the maximum dollar figure, also consider the terms of the offer and how easy it’ll be to clear any wagering requirements. Sometimes, accepting a smaller first deposit bonus is a better value than big bonus offers.
- App usability: Quality casino apps are often smaller versions of what you can play on a computer, but that’s changing fast as the tech improves. Check how many of your favorite games have already made the jump to mobile and how functional the casino app really is if you want to play on the go.
- New games: The best way to look at an online casino’s game library is first to define what you want to play. Then, make sure new games are available monthly.
- New casino promos: Online casinos often run new promos and exclusive bonuses to keep you playing. Small or big, these can offer solid value when you use a bonus code. Don’t forget to take advantage of the free bonus offers when available.
- Loyalty programs: A lot of new USA casinos have loyalty programs that offer rewards depending on how much you bet. That means the chance to earn free play and other rewards online if you play a large amount. Some of these programs, like Caesars Rewards and MGM Rewards, also cross over to brick-and-mortar casinos.
- Customer support: You’re not asking for too much to find an online casino with good customer support. Customer support reps should be easily accessible if you run into issues with payment methods, payouts or the games.
States that could launch new online casinos in 2023
While what lawmakers are considering can vary drastically from state to state and legislative session, here are some states where legalizing real money online casinos has at least come up for discussion. Though, of course, nothing is certain:
New York is blessed to have a senior state senator, Sen. Joseph Addabbo, as its chair of the Senate Standing Committee for Racing, Gaming and Wagering. Addabbo is a longtime advocate of gambling expansion. In fact, he introduced a bill to offer online casinos in New York in 2022, and has indicated that he plans to take another bite at the apple in 2023.
Addabbo has estimated that the State of New York is flushing billions of dollars down the drain each year that it does not offer online casinos. His assertion is borne out by the data on New York’s video lottery machines, which generated $575 million in 2022 alone and have injected nearly $7 billion into the state economy since their introduction.
Addabbo plans to work with Gov. Kathy Hochul in 2023 to make passage of an online casino bill a priority. We will be watching to see if it happens.
The legal gambling options in Colorado are unique among the states with casino locations. With the exception of two tribal properties in the southwest corner of the state, the rest of the state’s 30-odd casinos are confined to three mountain towns west of Denver and Colorado Springs.
Their remote locations, however, are an argument for legalizing online casinos, as traveling to them – especially during Colorado’s notorious winter weather – can be quite treacherous. Although the last effort in earnest in the state legislature occurred in 2012, the increasing importance of internet transactions makes another attempt more likely to occur with each passing year.
The likelihood was recently enough to convince one online casino company to secure its position in the Centennial State. PlayStar Casino has secured market access through a deal with GF Gaming, and its company leadership has been quite outspoken about how poised Colorado is to offer online casino play.
Indiana may soon be joining the ranks of states with online casinos thanks to a bill filed in the Indiana House of Representatives in January 2023. House Bill 1536, the product of Rep. Ethan Manning, would allow the state’s existing casinos to produce electronic versions of their land-based games and offer play throughout the state.
Even if HB1536 fails to pass or gain any traction, Indiana residents may not be out of luck for online gambling. Alongside the bill is HB1548, which would permit denizens of bars and restaurants to play video poker and blackjack on Video Gaming Terminals (VGTs). The VGTs would help to augment the options that bettors have to play their favorite games, so long as the player didn’t go rogue and try to play an unauthorized game.
We are monitoring the situation with both of these bills as they slowly pass through the House (or don’t). We will know more information on Indiana online casinos as the deadline for the bill approaches in late February 2023.
A bill is currently under consideration in the Illinois legislature that would allow for all manner of online gambling activities to proceed. SB2064, also known as the Internet Gaming Act, is working its way through the Senate and could be the vehicle for the introduction of online casinos and other gaming into the Land of Lincoln.
2023 might prove to be a special year for Illinois gamblers, as the state is undergoing a dramatic expansion of its retail casino options. A new casino is expected to debut in Waukegan sometime in the coming weeks, and the debut is the first of five casino locations that are nearing the finish line in Illinois. Of particular note is the Bally’s casino under construction in Chicago, which figures to become the largest casino facility in Illinois when it is complete.
We plan to monitor the progress of SB2064 or any other bills that are filed to legalize online casinos in Illinois this year. With some good fortune, a new reality of launches could soon be coming to your fingertips in the state.
Maryland online casinos may become a reality in the near future, thanks to a new online casino bill in the state Senate. SB0267 is the product of two Democrats, Ronald Watson and Nancy King, and has been assigned to the first of many committees.
Unfortunately, the timing of the bill and the registration procedure make it unlikely that we’ll see online gambling in 2023 in Maryland. The more realistic timeframe is sometime in 2024, and it could be farther than that, depending on legislative resistance.
However, there’s no denying that plans are afoot to make Maryland an online casino state. All six of its casino locations would be granted the ability to offer casino gaming online. We might see a passed law as early as Summer 2023, but bear in mind that Maryland has taken its time in establishing regulatory and legal structures to manage new gambling business. Let’s hope that things can move more quickly this time.
Perks of playing at a new casino
When a new casino site hits the market, it’ll often come out swinging in the fight for customers. That can mean some good perks for new players as well as the potential for exclusive or new releases.
New casinos don’t just trot out the same old casino software and app technology, either. They often offer the latest casino tech, new casino games, and live dealer play. They also offer competitive welcome bonuses and free play just for signing up.
Types of bonuses at new US casinos
Even new online casinos may try the same old tricks to get you to sign up with them. Such casino bonuses may offer the chance to test out your favorite games on new casino apps, and possibly even win something substantial. The online casino gets a new player and maybe even a bit of loyalty and goodwill, as well.
These bonuses take a variety of forms. The terms often include a playthrough requirement so you can’t just sign up and immediately withdraw the money. Here’s a quick look at the main types of bonuses at online casinos:
- Refunds/bonus play: Get a refund — generally as site credit — for losses you incur over a set time period.
- No deposit bonuses: All you have to do is sign up to claim a bonus. No deposit bonuses are almost always small, and there will be wagering requirements.
- Deposit match/reload bonuses: The casino will provide bonus money matching a set percentage of your deposit. You’ll also need to meet wagering requirements here.
- Free play: Free spins on a specific online slot. The winnings from such spins may be yours to keep, or you may need to meet an additional playthrough requirement.
- Loyalty programs: Bonuses based on how much you play. It could be a percentage of your average wagering or a random award. This is usually bonus money with standard wagering requirements.
Bonus terms and conditions
As we’ve said, bonuses almost always have some terms and conditions. These terms start with playthrough requirements that require you to play with the bonus before you can make a withdrawal.
A bonus’s terms and conditions will clearly spell out how many times you must bet that bonus amount, what games you can play to meet that requirement, and if different games count different percentages of your wager toward doing so. The terms will also tell you if the casino will release the bonus to you incrementally as your play meets the requirement or if you have to meet the entire requirement first.
Ultimately, you can use a bonus’s terms and conditions as a guide. It will tell you exactly what’s necessary for you to get your hands on the bonus.
How often do new casino sites launch?
Let’s face it: If you’re not first, you’re quite often last. The online casinos that are first to launch in a state can grab up players fast, and then they’ll do everything they can to keep them.
Add in the — potentially lengthy and costly — licensing process, and after the initial launch, there may not be that many new casino sites coming around. Those that do need to offer something special, which is why they can be worth a look.
Of course, sweepstakes casinos eschew that process, which is why you may see new options for that type of gambling provider.
Either way, new online casinos may not launch all that often. But when one does, we’ll be on it, looking closely at everything from its bonuses and promotions to its overall usability and game selection. Then we’ll provide a full review.
PlayUSA’s review process for new casino sites
We only review new online casinos in the legal US market. We deal exclusively with licensed online casinos, and we are vendor-licensed and registered in most states. Even though we’ve got partnerships and affiliate marketing agreements, we’re open about it and don’t let that impact our reviews. Here are the things we seek to answer when we review new casino apps and websites:
- Is the new online casino licensed?
- How big is the welcome bonus? Is there a no-deposit bonus?
- How quick and easy is the sign-up process and using the bonus code?
- How often does the casino release new games?
- What ongoing promotions does it run, and do these promos provide any real value?
- How quick and easy are the payment options? Can new players use credit cards, or PayPal?
- How responsive is customer support?
Then, once the review is done, multiple people at PlayUSA edit it, fact-check it and look it over. Plus, a manager will come back to this page twice a month to check that all the information is up-to-date and accurate, including reviewing the casino tracker and updating it with brand new online casinos on launch. See more on how we rate casinos.