A significant advantage of regulated online casinos is that you can enjoy playing games for small amounts of money.
With many online casinos, you can get started for as little as $5. You can access jackpot slots, entertaining table games and, in some cases, live dealer casinos.
This page covers everything you need to know to get the best from minimum deposit casinos. You’ll find information on how to deposit, what games are best for small-stakes play and how to get the most from casino bonus deals.
Online Casinos Accepting $5, $10 & $20 Deposits
7 of the best bonus offers at minimum deposit casinos
All online casinos offer bonuses for new players. Most of these are available to players that deposit minimums, though you might not be able to take full advantage of matched deposit bonuses this way. Here’s a list of the best bonus offers for small deposits.
- FunzPoints Casino – $4.99 minimum, $2.50 free
- DraftKings Casino – $5 minimum, $60 signup bonus
- BetMGM Casino – $10 minimum, $25 signup bonus
- FanDuel Casino – $10 minimum, $2,000 play it again bonus
- Bally Bet Casino – $10 minimum, $100 risk-free play
- Caesars Casino – $10 minimum, $10 free
- BetRivers Casino – $10 minimum, $250 first deposit bonus
Before you even make a deposit, look out for casinos that offer free play or free cash upfront by merely registering. This is a great way to check out real money games without taking any financial risk. All bonuses will come with playthrough requirements and a fixed duration. Making sure you read the terms and conditions will ensure you don’t fall foul of these terms.
The most popular type of welcome bonus is matched to your first deposit. Some of these are large (several hundred dollars, in some cases). For example, if you are only depositing $20, you will still get a matched bonus of $20 more. At the same time, you’d be missing out on the bonus money for larger deposits.
Free spins, tournament entries, loyalty rewards and one-off promotions will still be available to minimum deposit players.
Online casinos accepting $5-$30 deposits
|Online Casino||Minimum Deposit||Free Money at Sign Up||Banking Method||Legal In|
|FunzPoints Casino||$4.99||Get $2.50 free||Credit Card||All US (except WA)|
|DraftKings Casino||$5||Get $60 free||Visa or PayPal||CT, MI, NJ, PA & WV|
|BetMGM Casino||$10||Get $25 free||Visa or PayPal||MI, NJ, PA & WV|
|FanDuel Casino||$10||NA||Visa or PayPal||CT, MI, NJ, PA & WV|
|Caesars Casino||$10||$10 free for NJ players||Visa or PayPal||MI, NJ, PA & WV|
|StarsCasino||$10||NA||Visa or MasterCard||MI, NJ & PA|
|Golden Nugget Casino||$30||Get $10 free||Visa or PayPal||MI, NJ & WV|
Legal USA casinos with $5 / $10 minimum deposits
With established casinos set up as partnerships between live venues and big international gaming companies, there are a lot of choices for NJ, PA, WV and MI residents and visitors.
Here are the top picks if you’re seeking a real money casino with low deposit requirements:
1. DraftKings Casino
DraftKings is not just for sports bettors and DFS players anymore. In partnership with Resorts Atlantic City, DraftKings Casino has scads of slots, table games, and live dealer games available around the clock. New players who use our secure link can get a whopping $60 for free when they sign up. You will also be due for an additional $25 free, plus a 100% match up to $2,000 with your first deposit. (Deposit match bonus not available in CT) With the generous offers and an extremely manageable minimum deposit amount of $5, it’s not hard to see why DraftKings is our top choice.
DraftKings Casinos Legal States: CT, MI, NJ, PA & WV
2. BetMGM Casino
It should not come as a surprise that BetMGM is partnered with Borgata. After all, both casinos are part of the MGM Resorts International empire. However, what may be surprising is the fact that you can put more than $1,000 extra into your account when you register for an account. With promo code PLAYNJFREE, new players on BetMGM will receive a $25 no deposit bonus to get them started and a dollar-for-dollar match on their first deposit – all the way up to $1,000. If you want to start small, though, the minimum deposit onsite is just $10.
BetMGM Casino Legal States: MI, NJ, PA & WV
3. FanDuel Casino
The two biggest downsides to playing casino games are the possibility that you might lose and the stress that accompanies that possibility. FanDuel Casino in Pennsylvania takes away both of those problems for new players on their first day. Those who sign up to play with our link above can get up to $2,000 back if you are down after your first day. Any net losses will be refunded to your account, so you can just play and breathe without fear. FanDuel has a minimum deposit requirement of just $10, so there’s no reason not to give the DFS giant a try.
FanDuel Casino Legal States: CT, MI, NJ, PA & WV
4. Hollywood Casino
Hollywood Casino is another great option for those looking for minimum deposit casino offers in Pennsylvania. The Penn National-owned site has a pretty great offer on tap for new players to the site. If you follow our link above, you will receive $10 in your new account. However, the real fun begins when you start depositing. If you use the promo code WELCOME750, you can get 100% up to $750. Basically, you can get an extra $750 with Hollywood. It’s a great deal, and with Hollywood’s low $10 minimum deposit, almost anyone can take advantage.
Hollywood Casino Legal States: Pennsylvania
Casinos with low withdrawal limits
While most players look for small deposit limits, it can be worth checking the withdrawal limits before you play. You should look for low limits, which will avoid trapping your bankroll online.
For example, if a casino accepts a deposit as low as $10, though requires $100 to be accumulated before allowing a withdrawal, that 10x target may be hard to hit. Fortunately, most regulated casinos have smaller withdrawal limits. These start at $10, in many cases, though for checks or bank wires, you will be looking at $25 to $50 before a withdrawal can be processed.
Small deposit casinos and banking options
When you deposit at an online casino, you’ll want to avoid transaction charges and high minimum deposits. Most regulated casinos will have minimum deposit levels of between $10 and $25, depending on what method you choose.
The amount you can deposit is only one aspect of choosing a banking option. The cards and accounts you have and your approach to online banking security will also play a role.
Here are the different casino deposit methods, along with notes on how each one works and the standard minimum deposit range:
- PayNearMe: This is a cash deposit option. You get a barcode from your online casino’s cashier, then you take it to your local 7-Eleven store. While the minimum deposit amount is low (starting at $10), there is a $3.99 charge for using this service. This fee makes PayNearMe expensive as a proportion of your total deposit.
- Casino cage: All regulated state casinos in NJ and PA have a brick-and-mortar casino as their primary license holders. This means that you can visit the cage and deposit with cash. There are no fees for this, and a minimum deposit of just $10 is standard. If you are in your local casino, this is an easy way to top off your account.
- Neteller: This service is similar to PayPal, though it has one crucial difference. The fees are paid by the sender (with PayPal, you pay when you receive the money). These fees are small, and Neteller provides a secure, third-party option between your bank and the casinos. Minimum deposits again start at $10 at most legal casinos. You might also find some casinos accepting deposits with Skrill, which is a similar e-wallet service.
- PayPal: The most popular electronic wallet is not accepted by every state-regulated casino, though many will welcome this. The charges occur when you upload funds and receive your cash out. If you have money in your PayPal account, you can deposit for free. Again, minimum casino deposits are $10 in most cases.
- Online banking: A novel way that legal casinos accept deposits is using bill pay. You can also use this online banking system for paying utility bills. Each casino provides a list of major banks. There are no additional charges for this option, though the minimum deposit amount is usually higher than the other options, starting at around $25.
- ACH transfer: This option is also known as e-checks. It is the electronic equivalent of an old paper check. You need to get around the clearing time to make this work. Most online casinos use a third-party option, such as VIP preferred. You get verified (documents checked) by them, and then have access to instant deposits and withdrawals using ACH. Minimum deposits start at just $10.
- Visa or Mastercard: Credit and debit cards are widely accepted at online casinos, and for many people, they are the most convenient option. Making a deposit works just like making any purchase online. You can deposit as little as $10.
- Prepaid debit card: Many regulated casinos have issued branded debit cards. As long as you have the balance to cover your purchase or ATM withdrawal, these cards work the same as your regular bank cards. The advantage is that you can separate your bank and the casino transactions by topping up your prepaid card first, then using this for deposits and withdrawals. Expect minimum deposits to start at $10.
Advantages to making a small casino deposit
- Allow access to exciting real money slots and casino games for players without big gambling bankrolls.
- Unlock bonuses and promotions that include free play and matched offers.
- Allow players to test out several casinos without a big financial commitment.
Disadvantages to making a small casino deposit
- May not reach the threshold to take maximum advantage of deposit bonuses.
- Transaction fees are larger as a percentage of the deposit amount with some methods.
- Bankroll for table games can be too small for the natural swings in the games.
Minimum deposit casinos and their online games
You’ll have a vast choice of casino games. These are dominated by slots, keno, video poker and table games, though many innovative variations also exist.
A big advantage of playing online is that the stakes start a lot smaller than in a brick-and-mortar casino. For example, instead of a $5 minimum for blackjack, you’ll often be able to bet from 50 cents per hand.
While your choice of game for any bankroll size should mostly be determined by what you enjoy the most, there are some factors to consider:
- Slots: This is the biggest choice of games at all online casinos. There are versions of the live slots you know and love, plus hundreds more which are online-only. Minimum bets start at around 20 to 30 cents, which makes these games suitable for small bankroll players.
If a slot has a progressive jackpot, I recommend checking the minimum bet levels. Often, a more substantial bet is needed to be in with a shot at winning these. There are plenty of ways to win big without jackpots, e.g., via bonus games or wild symbols. I recommend saving a shot at the bigger progressives until you have built your bankroll elsewhere.
- Table games: If you are playing real money blackjack or roulette against the software, smaller bets are common. At many casinos, the most popular way to enjoy table games is with live dealers. These games are streamed live from a studio inside major casinos. Bets for live dealer games start at $1 per hand, making them unsuitable for tiny bankrolls. You can find smaller stakes on the software-based equivalents.
- Video poker: The smaller house edge of video poker games (assuming you know the basic strategy) keeps these games popular. You can play many variations for small stakes. Keep in mind, the volatility of “bonus poker” variations is higher than for jacks or better, making those versions better for larger bankrolls.
What if my state doesn’t have regulated casinos?
Outside of New Jersey, Michigan and Pennsylvania, you have the option of playing at sweepstakes and social casinos.
These work because they make a mini-sweepstakes contest. You can’t buy chips, so instead, you buy “gold coins” (or the equivalent), which are play money chips. The sweepstakes casinos then give you “Sweeps Coins” for free to enjoy real prizes.
You can take advantage of these in two ways.
First, you can get a small number of free coins just for signing up. This might only be a couple of dollars, though you never know when you’ll hit a big prize with it on a slot.